12 Days on The Equinox

Wanderlost

I'M SO EXCITED! Next Wednesday, May 21st, I will be sitting next to my DH with a glass of champagne toasting goodbye to the beautiful city of Venice while sailing slowly down the Grand Canal towards familiar and exciting new ports. How fortunate we are to be able to travel like this.

I don't plan to worry about the rising costs of beverage packages, changes to the industry, or the many other complaints I have recently read about on Cruise Critic Boards.

My day will begin with a long walk around the deck with Bocelli playing in my head so if you see me with a big smile, you will know I'm savoring every moment. I'll be the one on shore breathing in the smells and sights of new cultures and languages, hoping to remember every detail of this trip long after it is over.

I look forward to returning to our luxury hotel each night after visiting European ports that I could only dream about in my youth. As I sit on the deck watching the blazing sun set into the sea, my biggest decision will be what to have for dinner in Blu. I don't have to cook, clean, or pilot the ship after enjoying the martini bar.

I CAN'T WAIT.:D

497983376_cinqueterre2.jpg.5c9da39a6290d4e92507c14df73b42fb.jpg

montserrat.jpg.f5a090204d4a26342d664c311372f957.jpg

620863454_Solsticechampagne.jpg.f2b2cd9ef641d459e307622c6231f5e6.jpg

Wishing you and your husband a wonderful cruise:) and thanks for

such a lovely post too.

Edited by Lois R

You made me close my eyes after reading your post, and stroll along the top deck and pause at the Sunset Bar for a sail away drink to join in the toast with ya'll! Wonderful!

Now one small favor, please get pic's of the new GastroBar and post them with your thoughts when you get back, please?

You don't actually sail on the Grand Canal. it is too small for a cruise ship. You sail on the giudecca. but he views are incredible and breathtaking when you sail psat the Piazza San Marco. When you are in. Venice you should take the vaporetto down the Grand Canal. donload Rick

Dteves' Grand. Canal tour

Wanderlust, we board the Equinox immediately after you in Barcelona. I, like you, am so thankful for this opportunity and plan on savoring every minute of this trip. Have a fabulous time!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

What a lovely post, people do get so caught up in negatives, I always try and remember i'm fortunate enough to be on a luxury holiday and not at work. I try to remember as much as I can but the premium drinks package does tend to limit some memories;)

Have a lovely cruise.

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful cruise. It's all about attitude and yours is refreshing. I loved your picture of Cinque Terre. We will have to do another cruise to see that lovely place. It was flooded out when we sailed in that area and we had to cancel our tour.

Edited by YVR cruiser

Hello YVR (love Vancouver, especially the Jap-a-Dogs). We traveled to Cinque Terre prior to the floods and stayed for three days in Riomaggiore while hiking the 5 towns. After leaving there, we took the train to Civitavecchia to board the Solstice for an eastern Med cruise. It was our first time on an S class ship and we absolutely fell in love (with the ship, we were already in love with each other). :)

I would encourage you to visit Cinque Terre if you are able to. The views are amazing, towns are quaint, and the people are welcoming. We had fun hanging our laundry out on our balcony like the locals do. Great memories of that beautiful part of Italy.

OMG, We are bouncing off the walls with excitement. Packed and ready to go. Sushi is looking very sad but we told her we would be home in just 3 days. Hoping dogs have no real sense of time.

We are taking bets on how many times we can score a glass of champagne during embarkation.

Just watched California Chrome win the Preakness. That horse looks so fine in purple. :o

643899010_sushieyes.jpg.97c9eb7869eb89b7cf6cbdf0049a1956.jpg

We just got off Solstice and we had a great time. Yes, we will have to go back and see Cinque Terre, as your description sounds wonderful.

I can't see Sushi's ears, but it looks like she could be a Beagle. If so, we have a lot in common. Maybe some day we will meet on a cruise. We have to wait a whole year for our next one, Eclipse, Baltics.

Hi Wanderlost - we shall be on the Equinox with you!! Only cruised once before last year (on the Eclipse) and we are looking forward to it so much. My husband will be one of the guys wearing a kilt on the formal nights so look out for us. Have a fantastic time :)