Clothes Pressing and Laundry - Pay or Perk?

garycarla

We have done the $29 bag of laundry before and it worked fine. I thought some stuff came back on hangars before. Now as Platinum members, we get free bags. But, on our last cruise, nothing came back on hangars.

Is this an extra service or part of the bag special?

Did we get lucky the first time, or unlucky the last time?

I have used the Platinum free bag offer on several cruises over the past couple years but I don't recall ever receiving any items back on hangers. Everything always comes back folded in a basket.

It's a hit and miss for hangers but usually when it's folded and they do a pretty good job and they seem to always put in a wicker basket. We purposely travel with extra white because they come back hospital white.

That is our experience over the last several years - only once or twice on hangers.

My guess is the defining factor is whether your clothes need pressing and what's convenient for the laundry staff. The platinum laundry special only includes regular laundry and not dry cleaning.

I always put a few clean shirts that only need pressing and voila they always come back on hangers -AND- everything else in a basket.

Edited by kylenyc

We have done the $29 bag of laundry before and it worked fine. I thought some stuff came back on hangars before. Now as Platinum members, we get free bags. But, on our last cruise, nothing came back on hangars.

As platinum members, I take advantage and use the laundry twice during our cruises. My clothes come back on hangers and smaller items are folded and put in a wicker basket. It may be this way as we sail in suites.:)

We are both platinum now so we get 2 bags. This last cruise one came back on hangers except for the underwear. The second came back folded: go figure? It might have to do with the timing: I would imagine as the cruise goes on, the hangers are in short supply.

Edited by newmexicoNita

On all our NCL cruises, including the ones we cruised as Platinum our shirts from the bag special have always come back on hangars.

In fact one time hubby's under-Tshirts were on hangars.

Socks and underwear are folded, wrapped in tissue paper, and put in wicker basket.

Edited by NMLady

As platinum members, I take advantage and use the laundry twice during our cruises. My clothes come back on hangers and smaller items are folded and put in a wicker basket. It may be this way as we sail in suites.:)

We were on a different ship but while on BA in suite and platinum it all came back in basket.