What is the Expresso Card

canary1902

Hello,

Please could someone tell me what the Expresso Card is. It appears you can buy 14 or so beverages with it for 29.99 dollars. Any more info would be appreciated. Just three weeks to go before our Caribbean Cruise on Caribbean Princess.

Thank You Susan

:)

Commonly called the coffee card, it allows you 15 specialty coffee drinks, using a punch card. Unused "punches" may be used on other a Princess cruises. It also allows you unlimited fresh brewed coffee on the cruise for which it was originally purchased. You can buy it for a few dollars less if you call Princess (about $31.00) prior to your cruise or purchase it on board. Please search "coffee card" for detailed posts about this.

Hello,

Please could someone tell me what the Expresso Card is. It appears you can buy 14 or so beverages with it for 29.99 dollars. Any more info would be appreciated. Just three weeks to go before our Caribbean Cruise on Caribbean Princess.

Thank You Susan

With the coffee card you get 15 specialty coffee drinks and during your cruise will get unlimited free brewed coffee at the International Café. If you don't use all 15 card punches you can use them on another cruise although you would not have unlimited free brewed coffee but could get a cup with a coffee card punch.

Hello,

Thank You Susan

I bought the card on our Caribbean cruise on the Ruby in March. You save over buying the coffees individually, and as has been said the unused punches can be used on a future cruise. I thoroughly enjoyed the specialty coffee drinks I had, and each time got a brewed regular coffee for free for my hubby, who doesn't care for the specialty coffees. Sitting in the Piazza sipping a latte or cappuccino is my idea of living :) We're taking a Hawaii cruise November of 2015. I'll use the rest of my punches then.

Have a GREAT cruise!

Karen

A few years ago they gave a free thermal cup with the purchase of the card onboard.

It isn't advertised but sometimes you can purchase an insulated mug for $5 when purchasing the coffee card onboard which is less than at the gift shop.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Just out of curiosity, when purchasing the coffee card from Princess prior to your trip, how do you get the actual card? Also....how big are the mugs one buys onboard? Thinking I should bring my own 16 or 21oz. Travel mugs!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi,

If you purchase the coffee card before your cruise, there will be a note/card in your cabin, upon boarding that instructs you to bring it to a location that serves specialty coffees. They will look it up and give you your coffee card. You can do this at the IC, on ships that have them, or the specified location on ships that don't. Sorry, but I have no info on the mug.

Frank, The one that DW got on the Island in January of 2013 holds 16 ounces.

I bring a 20 ounce ThermoServ mug that I use to make my tea.

Thanks...mine looks similar but it's several years old & smaller holding 14 oz when using the lid which is black in color instead of silver.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Have bought many coffee cards over the years and we always take along unpunched cards with us. We keep them with our passports. On our first Princess Cruise we received the princess mug photographed below. I use it every morning when I brew my own coffee at home.

Some cruises offer a BOGO deal - take it.

Have bought many coffee cards over the years and we always take along unpunched cards with us. We keep them with our passports. On our first Princess Cruise we received the princess mug photographed below. I use it every morning when I brew my own coffee at home.

No more BOGO coupon. I believe they disappeared after the 2011 coupon book.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When did you last see a BOGO deal? It's been several years since I last saw that promotion.

It was probably 2010 Ruby that we ended up buying several and possibly the Star in 2011. Still are using them.

That's great that you still have cards from the BOGO deal...enjoy them because the BOGO deal is no longer offered. :(

The current price in the Gifts Brochure is $31. On my last cruise it was $29 plus 15% tip onboard for a total of 33.35.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/Gifts_Services.pdf

A few years ago they gave a free thermal cup with the purchase of the card onboard.

I take mine on all my cruises. Before that they had a BOGO deal with the cards. I wish that would come back.

Does anyone have a menu of all the items included in the specialty coffee card? Is the unlimited tea and brewed coffee better than what you can get for free on the lido deck?

Someone posted this website with a lot of great information including menus and if you follow this link you'll see the one for the International Café coffee menu.

http://beyondships.com/Princess-CB-menu-InternationalCafe.html

Taste is so subjective & it's frequently debated on CC...I prefer the brewed coffee at the IC over the coffee made from concentrate available elsewhere on the ship. To me, the coffee at the Royal's buffet was better than on other ships with coffee from concentrate & apparently was made from ground coffee machines.

I don't drink much coffee but when I do it's 100% Kona at home which would be my preference but that's not going to happen anytime soon! :p

Edited by Astro Flyer

Does anyone have a menu of all the items included in the specialty coffee card? Is the unlimited tea and brewed coffee better than what you can get for free on the lido deck?

They offer mighty leaf teas, about 6 flavours.

They may also have regular tea bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Oy, excuse the auto correct ;)

Someone posted this website with a lot of great information including menus and if you follow this link you'll see the one for the International Café coffee menu.

http://beyondships.com/Princess-CB-menu-InternationalCafe.html

Taste is so subjective & it's frequently debated on CC...I prefer the brewed coffee at the IC over the coffee made from concentrate available elsewhere on the ship. To me, the coffee at the Royal's buffet was better than on other ships with coffee from concentrate & apparently was made from ground coffee machines.

I don't drink much coffee but when I do it's 100% Kona at home which would be my preference but that's not going to happen anytime soon! :p

This website is fabulous. Thanks!