Just off Vision of the Seas today..Questions?

Day 1 was Boogie Wonderland in the Masquerade Theatre at 7:30pm & the 70's Show at 10pm (Centrum)

Day 2 our Sea Day: Belly Flop at 1pm, Poolside movie, Lego Movie at 4:45 pm, Headliner Show: Man of 1000 Voices, Paul Boland at 9pm & 10:45pm in Theatre,

Eve movie by pool, The Monuments Men at 9pm, they also had adult karoke

Day 3 in Roatan: The production showtime "Broadway Rhythm & Rhyme" at 7pm & 8:45 pm, The Love & Marriage Game Show at 10:30 pm, Dancing under the Stars (big dance party) around poolside at 11:00pm

Day 4 in Cozumel:The Headliner Show, America's Got Talent finalist, Thomas John (he was super funny) at 7pm & 9pm in Theatre, Quest at 10:15pm, Adult Comedian, Jeff Nease (also good) at 11:15pm

Day 5 at Sea: Make a Wish Walk at 11am (buy Tshirts starting at 10am), Farewell Show & Jeff Nease at 7pm & 9pm (very good) & do not miss the Aerial Show & Parade of Flags at 8pm. Get there early for a good seat!! The Officers & Guests volleyball was today also at 1pm but was canceled because of our poor weather..

Thanks!! Also was there only 1 formal night? Was that night 2 your first sea day?

I was on the Vision a couple of weeks ago and will offer a comment about the cabins on deck 8 that are under the Solarium. While not unbearable there was certainly considerable noise from the overnight maintenance activities particularly from the various utility carts rolling across the tile deck. I won't say it woke me up, however it was very noticeable while I was trying to get back to sleep. We were in a JS and I'm sure there are more quiet cabins than in that area.

I was on Vision for her crossing from Lisbon straight out of drydock, and at the Q&A with the captain and a few senior officers, someone complained about noise in their cabin from carts overhead. When this passenger suggested they replace the hard wheels with quieter pneumatic tires, all the officers looked at each other like, "Hey, that's a good idea!" and then said they'd certainly look into it.

I'm sorry to hear the wheels weren't changed. But maybe if a stream of passengers brings up the same point and suggests the same fix, maybe it will sink in and they'll do it.

PS: I'm on Grandeur's next sailing (sister ship) in an aft JS on 8 under the Spa, and I'm thrilled to read there's no noise there. I packed ear plugs, just in case. :D

I was on Vision for her crossing from Lisbon straight out of drydock, and at the Q&A with the captain and a few senior officers, someone complained about noise in their cabin from carts overhead. When this passenger suggested they replace the hard wheels with quieter pneumatic tires, all the officers looked at each other like, "Hey, that's a good idea!" and then said they'd certainly look into it.

I'm sorry to hear the wheels weren't changed. But maybe if a stream of passengers brings up the same point and suggests the same fix, maybe it will sink in and they'll do it.

PS: I'm on Grandeur's next sailing (sister ship) in an aft JS on 8 under the Spa, and I'm thrilled to read there's no noise there. I packed ear plugs, just in case. :D

Have a great trip!! You will love it!!

How does the feel of the ship compare to Enchantment ( for those who have been on both?). Trying to decide on what one (either a b2b on vision or b2b2b on Enchantment). Ports don't matter to us and by this review Vision looks good. Does it have free style machines?

How does the feel of the ship compare to Enchantment ( for those who have been on both?). Trying to decide on what one (either a b2b on vision or b2b2b on Enchantment). Ports don't matter to us and by this review Vision looks good. Does it have free style machines?

No free style machines.. :( Since they are the same class, would it be much different? Sounds like either way you will have a great time!!

Nice photos. Any experience using the internet on board? I am wondering how good the signal is. Also, does the ship have a Johnny Rockets?

No Johnny Rockets on Vision.

Nice photos. Any experience using the internet on board? I am wondering how good the signal is. Also, does the ship have a Johnny Rockets?

I grabbed info on the prices of internet if you need that..but no, we didn't use it so I can't comment on the speed..

No, Johny Rockets.. I also miss Sorrentos Pizza.. I didn't care for the pizza at the Park Cafe at all.

I was just on last week..The balcony was just below us.. If you could view my photos you could see..There is a wall that goes 1/2 way.. On our balcony it held the round table & 2 chairs over there..Its like a little cubby.. Then there are 2 loungers right outside the slider door to get out.. You will see..Its nice & you will love it!!:)

I also have 7652 booked and can't see your photos. What do you mean there is a half-wall? Does it wrap or not? Can you send a jpg photo? Thanks!

I also have 7652 booked and can't see your photos. What do you mean there is a half-wall? Does it wrap or not? Can you send a jpg photo? Thanks!

Let me try & post a jpg. If it doesn't work, I can always email it to you if you'd like. The balcony itself does wrap around..

[attach]313524[/attach]

Ok..too small to see..If you'd like to see a better photo, I can email it to you..

I was in 8588 as well (7652 right below)... here's the back of the ship and then a close-up. You can see the aft corners, both decks 8 and 7, are wrap around.

Have a great cruise! :D

DSC05357_zpsd6ed811f.jpg

DSC05358_zps1234c2d0.jpg

Half wall?? No walls on these cabins.... the wrap around goes around about another 3-4 feet which you can't see around the corner, great space for one lounger or the small table & chairs for breakfast!

85881_zpsd478731d.jpg

Perhaps this is what is meant by the "half wall"... the glass separating the balcony of the next cabin???

85882_zps86f4ba8e.jpg

See the round light and balcony separating glass at the bottom of the picture? Well, right underneath that round light to the left of the glass is YOUR balcony :D

DSC05297_zpsc05d39a4.jpg

The two heads you see enjoying the sunset are in the 2nd cabin from the corner, next door neighbors to 7652. Enjoy your cruise!!!!

8588sunset_zps91294610.jpg

Was Chops available for breakfast for D+/Pinnacle?

Thanks!!

While the 'Gold Card' breakfast was being held on the deck 5 level of the dining room port side through the Panama season, they have moved it down to the starboard side deck 4 and taken away the separate small buffet. Other passengers now enter from deck 4 port-side. They use waiters from the specialty restaurants now for that area. They were using 'my-time' dining waiters previously. Concierge lounge upgraded continental breakfast buffet is offered as well.

[attach]313524[/attach]

Ok..too small to see..If you'd like to see a better photo, I can email it to you..

Thanks so much - I see it! And thank you Hoopster95 for re-confirming. RGoldie scared me with her comment. Hopefully she feels better now too! Here's another question re: the Solarium canopy. I am under the impression that they NEVER open it. I read that it was retractable so found it strange that not once have I heard of it ever opening on this ship.

Thanks so much - I see it! And thank you Hoopster95 for re-confirming. RGoldie scared me with her comment. Hopefully she feels better now too! Here's another question re: the Solarium canopy. I am under the impression that they NEVER open it. I read that it was retractable so found it strange that not once have I heard of it ever opening on this ship.

Maybe someone can better answer..It didn't look like it could even open to me at all.. It was all enclosed when we were on.

One more question, do you happen to know which menus were which nights? Thinking of a specialty restaurant one night and trying to figure out which would be best.

I do not know which menus were on what night.. We chose to do our 1st night in Chops the night we boarded. We assumed the 1st dinner in the MDR would be chaotic.. It is so nice & relaxing at Chops & they were not very busy. We also went on our last sailing night. Still nice but it was busier. It is a pretty small place.. I would also suggest just checking out the interactive computer that is everywhere. You can look to see what the menu will be in the MDR that night then make your reservations accordingly..

Was Chops available for breakfast for D+/Pinnacle?

Thanks!!

The Diamond, D+ and Pinnacle breakfast is in the MDR Deck 4 Starboard. We used it twice on our 5/17 sailing and the servers were excellent with superb breakfasts. This is also the area for Suite guests.

We like Vision very much and she almost feels like a new ship. Used the CL a lot and enjoyed being with Betsy :) Back on board in August 10 night to Bermuda!