Mash on the Seaside Theatre??

missholly24

HAHAHAHA. We actually suffered through a Celine Dion concert on the Dream. Would have loved to see M*A*S*H instead.

:confused: You suffered through a Celine Dion concert? Were you strapped to a chair and made to watch it? Had I walked onto the Lido deck and saw Celine Dion on the big screen, I would have kept on walking.

I'd take MASH, Cheers, I Love Lucy and Celine Dion up there before I could watch Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber or whatever new hip hop rap dude is "popular" this week.... If I ever see Miley Cyrus again it'll be to soon...but all that said if I don't like it I keep walkin! ;)

I guess I'm in the MINORITY here, but I LOVED getting my coffee, early in the morning, and sitting down and watching Cheers, The Honeymooners, and Everybody Loves Raymond.:D

I don't recall them playing sitcoms during the day. More concerts or slides about upcoming islands.

Ive been on ships with and without on Legend I sure wished they had one. Whats the differnce in load music or movie screen I dont think you have to look at screen if you are not intrested. Really enjoyed big screen on Breeze especially at night.

Whats the difference between music and TV?? A lot.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

I'd take MASH, Cheers, I Love Lucy and Celine Dion up there before I could watch Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber or whatever new hip hop rap dude is "popular" this week.... If I ever see Miley Cyrus again it'll be to soon...but all that said if I don't like it I keep walkin! ;)

Keep on walkin to where? (Outside)

I love MASH. One of my all-time favorite TV shows. (Someone referenced the movie - I don't think you'll see that on the Lido deck anytime soon, at least with the Sally Kellerman shower scene.:p) Having said that, I don't take cruises to watch reruns, or movies, or concerts, or anything else. There have been times I've watched what's on the screen. The 2012 Olympics come to mind, as well as a Harry Potter movie on Carnival Valor in 2008 the night of a lunar eclipse and our youngest son's birthday. (How cool was that? Watching Happy Potter on deck on his birthday during a lunar eclipse!:cool:)

Love M*A*S*H; but one of the reason I liked crusing when I started in 1996, was the only TV I had to endure was the one in my cabin the wife had on.

TV is one of the things I like to get away from on vacation...and now....it's become a big azz monster on Lido :(

Note to self: Don't forget Ipod and noise cancelling headphones :D

Love M*A*S*H; but one of the reason I liked crusing when I started in 1996, was the only TV I had to endure was the one in my cabin the wife had on.

TV is one of the things I like to get away from on vacation...and now....it's become a big azz monster on Lido :(

Note to self: Don't forget Ipod and noise cancelling headphones :D

Exactly. ☺

right on past that screen full o crap to somewhere on that ship that doesn't have Miley, Justin and the Flava of the Month...;)

The ship is indeed a big place, but only outside hangout place kids are allowed is by main pool On Conquest). Im done with my venting. lol. Why I love cruisecritic 😛 (and not big loud obnoxious T.V.'s on vacation........

While in port in Grand Cayman on our last cruise we stayed on the ship and watched Everybody Loves Raymond from the hot tub! They had Cheers on after that. I thought it was kinda cool to watch TV from a hot tub. :)

1514444_10152198632749721_129369082_n.jpg

More fun to make conversation with new people IMHO. Or talk with who you are with.

On which ship?-- So we know to avoid it, since we never hang out at the main pool. The back pool of the Victory is no longer adults-only, after the addition of the Serenity deck, and I assumed all the ships made the same kind of transition, except the small Fantasy class ships that put the Serenity at the back (and don't have movie screens).

I feel sorry for those choosing the screen entertainment because I'm sure they can't please everyone, but we wish they had more family-friendly fare and not just at our 6 p.m. dinner hour (start them at 7 or 7:30 p.m.!!), and otherwise be turned off during the daytime, when most people would rather hear cruise music.

Conquest does not have Serenity so Aft pool is adults only. (We only saw one person in it one time- no exaggeration) I know they obviously can't please everyone, so the next logical thing is to please the majority. Back in the day (before Seaside theatre screen) the main pool was a happening place. Island music or steel drums, drinks flowing, people swimming or laying out, reading a book, or talking to neighbor about where they are from. That is the essence of cruising. Count how many people there during tv shows vs. music (d.j. or live- doesnt matter) it is objective to evaluate and very clear what is preferred by a landslide. 🍹🌴🌞👙📵🚢

Wait. So there isn't music playing by the main pool, the TV is playing instead?? And kids are only allowed at the main pool? (I will be on the Dream). Last cruise (didn't have the big screen) we hung at the pool all day every sea day and the music was great! We will be disappointed if mash is playing, and I like mash. Just not while I'm swimming in a pool in the middle of the ocean with a drink in my hand ;)

...and I can remember a Celine Dion concert/story about her life on the Conquest big screen several years ago! LOL!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Wait. So there isn't music playing by the main pool, the TV is playing instead?? And kids are only allowed at the main pool? (I will be on the Dream). Last cruise (didn't have the big screen) we hung at the pool all day every sea day and the music was great! We will be disappointed if mash is playing, and I like mash. Just not while I'm swimming in a pool in the middle of the ocean with a drink in my hand ;)

...and I can remember a Celine Dion concert/story about her life on the Conquest big screen several years ago! LOL!!!

I can't believe this either. I love sitting by the pool with a calypso band playing. Doesn't seem like a Caribbean cruise without it.

They should use the big screen at night for movies but not during the day. I see enough TV at home.

I can't believe this either. I love sitting by the pool with a calypso band playing. Doesn't seem like a Caribbean cruise without it.

They should use the big screen at night for movies but not during the day. I see enough TV at home.

Music plays later in the day. Mash and other sitcoms were in early afternoon. The Today show was morning time. Employee around the pool said they "are always changing Theatre schedule" Definitely no more calypso band. Those were the good old days.......

Edited by missholly24

I believe the Dream is much different than Conquest. Probably has a Serenity area so that changes things. No worries. And what was your last cruise without the screen? I want that ship!

Edited by missholly24

:confused: You suffered through a Celine Dion concert? Were you strapped to a chair and made to watch it? Had I walked onto the Lido deck and saw Celine Dion on the big screen, I would have kept on walking.

The kids were in the pool so we had no choice....awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I believe the Dream is much different than Conquest. Probably has a Serenity area so that changes things. No worries. And what was your last cruise without the screen? I want that ship!

The Elation!