Just off Freedom of the Seas Western Carib

Did anyone here try out the karaoke booths?

Just curious how many people can fit in one and if anyone has any pictures of it. How was the song list?

We did it a couple times. I'd guess you could get 4 or 5 people in there easily.

Tom

One thing I kept thinking all week. I know food tastes vary, but everyone I talked to thought the food was exceptional in the MDR. Some reviews had said it was "average". My wife and I kept joking about what those people must eat most of the time since if this is "average" then their food must be way more incredible than we are used to eating at home.

Our waiters (Ercan - from Turkey and Joseph - from Jamaica) were amazing and we kept them for the second half of the cruise as well. Tip: if you like a waiter in MTD you can request the same one all the time. In fact, they like it that way. We really missed them last night for our first dinner home. Now "that" food was average :)

Tom

This is great to hear. I was wondering if you could keep the same waiters on a B2B. Was the request made to the Matre' D? When did you make the request?

Did anyone here try out the karaoke booths?

Just curious how many people can fit in one and if anyone has any pictures of it. How was the song list?

The booths are pretty big...I would assume at least five adults or more could fit...I did it with my little granddaughters and they were dancing around..the song choices were not good...not up to date...lots of old songs..

We just asked the hostess at the end of our first week. She was thrilled to let us keep the same waiter. We got a different table since he'd changed stations. It was a table for 2, but pretty close to other tables for 2 so we had the privilege of being private when we wanted or joining in conversations at other times and became really good friends with the newly married couple next to us.

I like My Time dining more than ever.

Tom

This is great to hear. I was wondering if you could keep the same waiters on a B2B. Was the request made to the Matre' D? When did you make the request?

Just goes to show you how preference vary. I thought both fo the comedians were not funny and the magic act was so easy to figure out that it wasn't that entertaining. I remember Drew Thomas from AGT and they told him over and over that he spent to much time prancing around and not enough time making the tricks interesting.

I know a few people who really liked it though so he appeals to some. It was OK for a cruise ship act.

I didn't find anyone who thought the comedians were funny.

Tom

We had drew Thomas and the first time was pretty good. Not so much the second time. I thought at one time he was a weekly entertainer in the ship.

This is no biggie. Probably the only thing that I did not get to do, and I wanted to was, play minature golf. I love that.:) Oh it just dawned on me. I would have liked to have done "tea time" also.

As for the wear of the ship, or carpeting, I didn't think it was that bad.

I was on this cruise and did the chefs table. It was amazing. There were 22 of us and it was upstairs near the Windjammer. The head waiter said they had another one the day after too.

This is conflicting information according to the website there is no chef's table on freedom of the seas. What up?

This is conflicting information according to the website there is no chef's table on freedom of the seas. What up?

Sounds like Royal's website has not been updated to reflect the addition of Chef's Table to Freedom.

Sounds like Royal's website has not been updated to reflect the addition of Chef's Table to Freedom.

I was on this sailing also, Could you be confusing Chefs Table with Chops Grill or Portofino? Those are the two specialty restaurants next to the Windjammer on Freedom.

I was on this sailing also, Could you be confusing Chefs Table with Chops Grill or Portofino? Those are the two specialty restaurants next to the Windjammer on Freedom.

I was referring to the post below:

I was on this cruise and did the chefs table. It was amazing. There were 22 of us and it was upstairs near the Windjammer. The head waiter said they had another one the day after too.

@ Clarea... Freedom does offer a Chef's table for $ 75 each. It is held in the Windjammer and has received accolades from fellow seasoned cruisers. We just departed FOS on Sunday and several of our cruises raved about their dining/ wine pairings over coctails in the CL.

@ Clarea... Freedom does offer a Chef's table for $ 75 each. It is held in the Windjammer and has received accolades from fellow seasoned cruisers. We just departed FOS on Sunday and several of our cruises raved about their dining/ wine pairings over coctails in the CL.

Windjammer, interesting. Are there other guests eating the normal buffet dinner there too?