Norwegian NEXT

So this NEXT program is similar to how Celebrity "Solsticized" their older ships, Carnival's 2.0, or how RCI is adding Oasis features to their fleet? If so, it's a good idea. I don't think NCL has been nearly as innovative with ship revitalizations as the other cruise lines have been. If fact, I sorta think they went backwards with Dawn and Star. Good for NCL.

So this NEXT program is similar to how Celebrity "Solsticized" their older ships, Carnival's 2.0, or how RCI is adding Oasis features to their fleet? If so, it's a good idea. I don't think NCL has been nearly as innovative with ship revitalizations as the other cruise lines have been. If fact, I sorta think they went backwards with Dawn and Star. Good for NCL.

Its not just fleet enhancements its everything from new entertainment to new destinations.

I always get a little sad when the cookie cutter approach is applied to dining and entertainment. At least it sounds like shows themselves will be different.

The Belize news is exciting and it's about time the iConcierge program is extended to the fleet. Long overdue!

I just finished reading this from NCL's facebook page link.

Unless I overlooked it, the list of ships to get the NEXT treatment seems to be missing Sun.

The Sun's next dry dock is not until April 2016. With a totally different deck plan the sane changes they are doing to the Jewel class ships can't be done.

Hopefully the new menu rolled out on the Jewel on her first cruise after dry dock. Fingers crossed here as I will be on her in a few days :D

Edited by kdzkatz
because I always have to change something I guess

They rolled out the new menus on the Dawn to Bermuda last week. The food was fantastic, and we received a rating card after every meal at the Aqua so they can determine which ones are customer favorites.

So is this the end of the white hot party? :(

Not really, just changed a name. From press release:

The line's exciting new H2GLOW Party, first introduced on Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Getaway, will also be rolled out fleet wide. I think they still wear white just give you glow stuff, and maybe you could also wear neon colors. I bet it's the same kind of thing.

Edited by orangegrove

The Sun's next dry dock is not until April 2016. With a totally different deck plan the sane changes they are doing to the Jewel class ships can't be done.

Thanks time2cruise1! I figured it was something beyond 2015 and thus not being listed.

The line's exciting new H2GLOW Party, first introduced on Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Getaway, will also be rolled out fleet wide. I think they still wear white just give you glow stuff, and maybe you could also wear neon colors. I bet it's the same kind of thing.

That's funny how the cruise lines go back and forth copying each other. First, RCI copied NCLs white party....but then they went an extra step and made it a glow party a couple years ago...and now it's come full circle to NCL copying RCIs thing. :D

They rolled out the new menus on the Dawn to Bermuda last week. The food was fantastic, and we received a rating card after every meal at the Aqua so they can determine which ones are customer favorites.

That's good to know. I'm hoping the Epic will have them by Thanksgiving. Will be very hard to go from what we had on the Getaway back to the old stuff.

The glow party on Breakaway wasn't anywhere as good as white hot party. They had crew dressed in "morph" type outfits that looked ridiculous..

That's good to know. I'm hoping the Epic will have them by Thanksgiving. Will be very hard to go from what we had on the Getaway back to the old stuff.

The Epic currently has the new menus. Food was excellent on transatlantic cruise.

So is this the end of the white hot party? :(

On our BA cruise last November, we went to the new Glow party and about 2/3 of people attending were in white.

I went shopping for neon clothes...yes I know :o ... if I knew it was mostly white hot...I would have worn my white kit....yes I know :o ...

can't wait to party on the high seas again !!! :D