Great Barrier Reef Feb 25th Perth to Sydney

saracenman

I am very pleased to advise everyone that Celebrity have listened to the comments posted and have now arranged an excursion to GBR - excellent news . Please show your appreciation by booking this trip!

Edited by saracenman

I am very pleased to advise everyone that Celebrity have listened to the comments posted and have now arranged an excursion to GBR - excellent news . Please show your appreciation by booking this trip!

Appears to be good news, but still doesn't explain the Noon arrival time when normally it's 7.00am.

Seems to me that they have arranged for a local mob to pick up pax directly from the ship....say 12.30...whisk them out to the reef...1.5hrs ( arrive pontoon at 2.00pm)...give them just 2.5 hrs there (normally 4.5)..depart at 4.30pm and back at ship by about 6.00. Maybe there is room for a bit of flexibility here, but still a bit of a "short change" on time allowed at the reef.

The normal (8hr) excursion costs A$250pp which includes lunch. I wonder what the charge will be for this abbreviated one. :confused:

I also imagine that there will be very limited availability on this tour.

cheers

This is great news. Have a great trip.

Great news for cruisers! Just finished a personal trip to the area, and was thinking about how cruises would handle tours given what was mentioned above about the long boat ride each way. I would give it a go in a heartbeat just to get even a small amount of time snorkeling the beautiful area. Make sure you take meds for sea sickness if you are prone to it because the ride can be bumpy!

Appears to be good news, but still doesn't explain the Noon arrival time when normally it's 7.00am.

Seems to me that they have arranged for a local mob to pick up pax directly from the ship....say 12.30...whisk them out to the reef...1.5hrs ( arrive pontoon at 2.00pm)...give them just 2.5 hrs there (normally 4.5)..depart at 4.30pm and back at ship by about 6.00. Maybe there is room for a bit of flexibility here, but still a bit of a "short change" on time allowed at the reef.

The normal (8hr) excursion costs A$250pp which includes lunch. I wonder what the charge will be for this abbreviated one. :confused:

I also imagine that there will be very limited availability on this tour.

cheers

According to the website $A295

According to the website $A295

Great Barrier Reef (CN01)

Cairns (Yorkey's Knob), Australia

Overview: Experience one of the seven wonders of the natural world. Highlights: Board an air-conditioned catamaran for the 1.5 hour transfer to the Great Barrier Reef. Your destination is a pontoon on the outer reef where you have approximately 4.5 hours of free time to indulge in a wide range of activities, including snorkeling, a reef tour on a semi-submersible vessel, and a walk through underwater viewing chamber. Buffet lunch will be served on the pontoon. Notes: Restrooms, covered areas and sunning decks are available on the catamaran and pontoon.

Activity Type: Sand & Sea, Snorkel & SCUBA Activity Level: Strenuous Duration: 8 hours 0 minute Restrictions: Minimum Age: 8 years Advisements:

*Starting From

Adult251.25 AUDChild212.50 AUDInfant0.00 AUD

Edited by Flipper133

Great news!!

It is always wonderful when you can correct something that is really quiet silly. Because your port times are till 8pm, I would think you would still have a reasonable amount of time at the reef. Book early so you get a spot. Enjoy!!!

Edited by monicajay

The GBR trip I did on QM2 from Yorkeys in March was only around 6 hours not 8. Be prepared. Most of the boat including the QM2 crew who had "shore leave" were quite seasick. Take ginger or seasickness treatment. I took ginger pills and was fine.

Edited by Pushka