Should I ask TA to cancel-rebook with latest Princess sale?

luv2trvl6

I booked my Dec sailing in Jan with my TA when it was too far out for eZAir pricing. Saw lately that Princess is running a sale. Upon checking the price online and seeing the price drop, I contacted my TA about that. She dropped our total of 8K+ by 1800 (though losing my original 200OBC)!

Got home and was ready to book the eZAir. Well, it turns out that if I add eZAir to my existing booking, it costs another 1200 more than a new booking with the lower price (and 200OBC) along with eZAir booking at the same time. The stateroom next to mine is still available in the same category.

So basically, the total of cruise fare plus eZAir, booked through my TA saves me 400 compared to a new booking with Princess directly with air, 200 if counting the new booking will also include 200OBC.

I am not sure if I should ask my TA to cancel my current booking and rebook under the sale to include air? My take is that my TA is discounting a lot basing only on cruise fare, and if I rebook, I hope it can be a win-win. I am still saving money now, so I really don't want to make this cancel-rebook to ruin the relationship with my TA. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

I can't quite follow your numbers, but if it is a net savings I would do it. Have you figured out the math for booking the air on your own? We usually go on our own, but fly in a few days early as a safety net. If the cabin you are currently booked in is the same category as the one next door, then there would be no need to switch cabins, the TA can get the same cabin and maybe even a better one.

Final payment is far off so I don't understand the need to cancel and rebook. Why not just ask your travel agent to rebook you under the current promotion?

The promotion the OP originally booked under which included the $200 OBC may no longer be available, unfortunately. Guess it's worth a try to attempt to get the original pricing restored.

Hopefully, I am understanding the problem correctly. :)

The promotion the OP originally booked under which included the $200 OBC may no longer be available, unfortunately. Guess it's worth a try to attempt to get the original pricing restored.

Hopefully, I am understanding the problem correctly. :)

Just reread the original post. Not sure if I do get it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you all for confirming that asking to get a better pricing is okay. Sorry for the original confusing post, as my head was spinning with the prices among the initial saving, updated pricing, and the complexity that comes with the latest Princess sale.

So I got in touch with my TA. They talked to Princess and now have gotten me just an incredible overall saving. My agent definitely is a keeper. Thanks again to you all as well.

Thank you all for confirming that asking to get a better pricing is okay. Sorry for the original confusing post, as my head was spinning with the prices among the initial saving, updated pricing, and the complexity that comes with the latest Princess sale.

So I got in touch with my TA. They talked to Princess and now have gotten me just an incredible overall saving. My agent definitely is a keeper. Thanks again to you all as well.

We all know that CC does not allow endorsements of TA's, and I'm not asking for one.

Could you share how you found your TA? So far I only have a handful of darts and the yellow pages.