MSC Project Seaside

London-Calling

So MSC have ordered two Mega-ships, which will be the third biggest ships in the world (based on gross tonnage).

The RCI and NCL like feature, will prove interesting: a Royal Promenade, (internal 'street') and a 'Waterfront' (external promenade).

Exciting! What do you think?

Edited by London-Calling

OMG!! I cain't wait, WAHOO MSC, looking great!!! Be interesting on what ports she will call. No matter I will be sailing her no matter were she goes in the Caribbean.... The count down is one.... :-)

Where did you get the info about the Caribbean?

I do believe that the other two ships are rumored to be smaller and entirely yacht club style.

DH and I are already planning our 45th birthday cruises on one of them!

The other two ships will be part of the MSC Vista class. They will be bigger:

315 metres long

43 metres wide

167,600 tons

2,250 cabins for guests

820 crew cabins

5,700 passengers

1,536 crew members

They will be delivered in 2017 and 2019.

394754892_MSCVista.jpg.a010a1067a1f4032f19549c7308cd31a.jpg

Edited by MM42

I do believe that the other two ships are rumored to be smaller and entirely yacht club style.

DH and I are already planning our 45th birthday cruises on one of them!

There has been no press release about the smaller, luxury ships as yet. Only an onboard lecture AFAIK.

Wait I'm so confused...

These are just two of FOUR new MSC ships coming before 2020? Will the other two be project Seaside as well or not?

There is also an option for a third one (Seaside) ;)

So MSC have ordered two Mega-ships, which will be the third biggest ships in the world (based on gross tonnage).

I'm kind of wrong! The two new 'Visa' ships will be the third biggest. Seaside is a little smaller (but still VERY big)

I also said: The RCI and NCL like feature, will prove interesting: a Royal Promenade, (internal 'street') and a 'Waterfront' (external promenade).

Also a bit wrong!

Vista will have the internal promenade, Seaside the external promenade.

Too many MSC new-builds is confusing me!;)

Seaside slide show here: http://youtu.be/_O7MZYipt8E

Vista slide show here: http://youtu.be/aC1dTIqhCu4

Edited by London-Calling

I'm kind of wrong! The two new 'Visa' ships will be the third biggest. Seaside is a little smaller (but still VERY big)

Also a bit wrong!

Vista will have the internal promenade, Seaside the external promenade.

Too many MSC new-builds is confusing me!;)

Seaside slide show here: http://youtu.be/_O7MZYipt8E

Vista slide show here: http://youtu.be/aC1dTIqhCu4

And there is an option for two more Vista Class ships ;)

Edited by MM42

I also find a bit confusing that they announce the possibility of building 7 mega ships, giving so little information about them and mixing two different ship classes

If they built these ships they would just double the size of their fleet in terms of passenger capacity

Judging by the little we know, I find the Seaside class more appealing, since the Vista class seems to have a too big part of the ship for YC customers only (that looks as a copy of the Oasis of the Seas solarium by the way).

I also find a bit confusing that they announce the possibility of building 7 mega ships, giving so little information about them and mixing two different ship classes

If they built these ships they would just double the size of their fleet in terms of passenger capacity

Judging by the little we know, I find the Seaside class more appealing, since the Vista class seems to have a too big part of the ship for YC customers only (that looks as a copy of the Oasis of the Seas solarium by the way).

They want to double their capacity by 2022.

MSC is really expanding rapidly, however they are taking on a lot of capacity in a relatively short period of time. Especially for a cruise line that doesn't have a very strong passenger base outside of the European market. It will see where these ships are home ported and the affect they'll have on their respective markets.

Edited by cjknox

MSC is really expanding rapidly, however they are taking on a lot of capacity in a relatively short period of time. Especially for a cruise line that doesn't have a very strong passenger base outside of the European market. It will see where these ships are home ported and the affect they'll have on their respective markets.

That's a very good point, rapid expansion in any business can harm the product, especially MSC's pre-cruise customer service, which is patchy, at best, all ready.

The RCI and NCL like feature, will prove interesting: a Royal Promenade, (internal 'street') and a 'Waterfront' (external promenade).

Exciting! What do you think?

I think we have enough monsters in seas :rolleyes: plus no metter what they will do some people will talk about bacon :p Not our size of ship but wewil ltry for sure.

• 4 months later...