New year

Hello everyone, I'm thinking of booking a New Years cruise. Has anyone on CC been on one? What did you think of it, anything special happen, or go on? Did they have any special parties. Would you do it again? Thanks for your input.

:)

Hello everyone, I'm thinking of booking a New Years cruise. Has anyone on CC been on one? What did you think of it, anything special happen, or go on? Did they have any special parties. Would you do it again? Thanks for your input.

:)

We do it almost every year.

The only negative is the high cost.

There is free champagne and lots of partying.

Definitely a good way to spend the holiday.

Agree with the above! Did our 1st one last year and have another one booked, can't wait.

Great time but it was alot more money, we were able to take advantage of the last sale. Have fun

Did a New Years cruise a few years back and was not a fan. I could do 2 cruises at another time for the price, but if it had been a great celebration, it would have been worth it. To me it kinda fell short. Many may disagree, but I've found that land based New Years parties are much better. Yeah, they do a midnight balloon drop, and there's some music, and a glass or 2 of champagne, but I thought the promenade was crazy crowded with limited seating and long waits for bar service. I am not one of those that enjoys big sardine can crowds. Just not a great venue to fit all the passengers and not enough passengers go to the other venues like Studio B.

I love cruising, and I love New Years, but I probably won't combine the 2 again.

We have done two New Year's Eve cruises. Two years ago we were on the freedom of the seas, last year on the 14 night celebrity eclipse. The cruises were fantastic. The parties were a bit different. The freedom's party was inside on the promenade and the celebrity party was outside on the deck.

Both cruises had a special menu for New Year's Eve, decorated the dining room, give out party favors, and had lots of champagne around midnight. New Year's Eve dress was particularly festive.

Last year on the celebrity ship the captain stayed slightly off the coast of Aruba so we could watch their fireworks display.

Both cruises had a good amount of international passengers and that made for a very interesting conversations. The cruises were very festive and happy. I would definitely take the New Year's Eve cruise again.

The prices can be high. Actually last year we had hoped to take the freedom but the price started out high and never came down. About six weeks prior to sale date, the celebrity cruise price was reduced so we jumped on that.

Enjoy

M

We do NYE every year out of Tampa on Radiance class ships. Tried FOS once, but it was way too crowded in the promenade. Radiance class are much smaller (2000 vs 4000 passengers), and the parties spread out a lot more. Great experience on a smaller ship. Would highly recommend it. Plus, the BOGOHO promo knocked ~$800 off the price for 2015 :)

Edited by orville99