Alaska - 1st week of June or 1st week of September?

Laszlo

Going to book the Pearl for either the first week of June or the first week of September. Is either month better people, weather or temp wise? Its only my wife and I.

Thanks

You will get much longer days in June the September. They start getting shorter June 21st.

But still long.

We did two at the end of May, early June. If you can schedule it so that you have a few days in Seattle during their big NW Folk/Music Festival, that is super!!

You stand a better chance for clear weather in June than September, but it will probably rain in Ketchikan regardless since it's a rain forest. There would be fewer school-aged children on board in September.

But no matter the weather, Alaska is spectacular!

We were on the Sun in Alaska last June (the first week) and we had the best weather. We stayed in Anchorage 2 nights before and they were having record heat (hit 80 the days we were there). Their 80's feel nice because in the south our 80's is hot! :) It never rained at any of the ports even Ketchikan. We even wore shorts in Ketchikan. The skies were beautiful and the temps were great.

I would love to go in September and see the change of the leaves so I think either week would be great.

We went on June 2010 leaving on the 8th. The weather was cool, 55-60, and a lot of people from warmer climates were wearing heavy coats. We were in t-shirts being from Massachusetts. We experienced rain on and off the whole trip, but it was mostly misty or light. When we were in Seattle we were actually able to see Mt. Rainier which we were told was lucky as it is not often visible.

My SIL went in June 2008 and had 80 degree weather.

I guess it's like everything else - you hope for the best and enjoy yourself no matter what. I have friends who refuse to go on an Alaskan cruise because they like hot weather. I keep trying to explain that they are missing out on a fantastic trip. It's not even explainable the vastness of the country there.

Would return in a heartbeat!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have done September twice and May once. Prefer September. Less kids on board and everything in the ports are marked down. They don't want to inventory it. But both were awesome. Make sure you do Glacier Bay.