Current RCCL MDR Menus

I apologize if this info is already available on here somewhere, but I searched and was unable to find it. We have not sailed RCCL since 2011, having opted instead for Celebrity the past two summers, so are unfamiliar with their current MDR menus. My son will be on Grandeur of the Seas for a seven night cruise in just a few weeks with a friend who has never sailed before, and would like to be able to see the MDR menus in advance. Does anyone have any recent photos of them, or know of a link to accurate current menus? Also, any recommendations for particular selections to either avoid, or items not to be missed would be greatly appreciated. I realize that food tastes are subjective, but often there is a pretty good consensus about certain things, so I would be willing to hear any and all opinions. Thanks in advance.

Thanks to both of you for your quick response. I am still eager to hear from anyone who has any recommendations regarding particular menu items.

Edited by Lysingers
Spelling

We were on Adventure OTS in March and ate in the MSR every night and with the exception of the lasagna, I loved absolutely everything. In my opinion, the food has improved over the years. We were very happy!

Thanks to both of you for your quick response. I am still eager to hear from anyone who has any recommendations regarding particular menu items.

I love the chilled soups, although the strawberry one is not as smooth.

A favorite of mine is the duck and lamb as well:D although can be a little rare so if you like well done on the lamb make sure you ask.

BBB was my favorite desert on Majesty, but Adventure it was a big let down (not cooked and really runny:()

You will soon work out your favorites:D

Enjoy!!!!!!

The lobster bisque has been improved to the point where I will again order it. :)

Escargot are not always available, although they are always on the menu. :eek:

The fruit/cold soups are delicious, and FULL of sugar. FULL FULL FULL

Desserts rarely look like their descriptions. Taste is subjective and I won't go there.

Scallop and chorizo appetizer is one of my favorites.

Crepes with artichokes - DELISH.

Lamb chops (rack of lamb) and roasted duck = always good.

Various fish - hit or miss.

LOVE the Harira soup. I could stick my head in a vat of it and just gulp. :D

The lobster bisque has been improved to the point where I will again order it. :)

Escargot are not always available, although they are always on the menu. :eek:

The fruit/cold soups are delicious, and FULL of sugar. FULL FULL FULL

Desserts rarely look like their descriptions. Taste is subjective and I won't go there.

Scallop and chorizo appetizer is one of my favorites.

Crepes with artichokes - DELISH.

Lamb chops (rack of lamb) and roasted duck = always good.

Various fish - hit or miss.

LOVE the Harira soup. I could stick my head in a vat of it and just gulp. :D

Merion Mom:

As I said in my OP, it's been nearly three years since we were on a Royal Caribbean ship, having opted instead for Celebrity Summit the past two summers. We expected to experience a much higher level of food quality there, but frankly found the opposite to be true. I do recall greatly enjoying RCL's lobster bisque - Did it go downhill for awhile? I also recall that their fish selections were indeed, very hit and miss, and were sometimes downright lousy. The bread and rolls on RCC, specifically Enchantment of the Seas, was excellent, and head and shoulders above Celebrity Summit, as they had no good bread products on there at all in my opinion. My son, who is actually the one going on this particular cruise, was always a fan of the fruity, cold soups. There was always something else that I, personally, preferred to order instead of them. I do agree with you that most cruise ship desserts look much better than they actually taste, and personally tend to eat a lot of the creme brulee, with the burnt sugar crust layer artfully removed. (Never saw the sense in wasting the calories on burnt sugar!)

Merion Mom:

As I said in my OP, it's been nearly three years since we were on a Royal Caribbean ship, having opted instead for Celebrity Summit the past two summers. We expected to experience a much higher level of food quality there, but frankly found the opposite to be true. I do recall greatly enjoying RCL's lobster bisque - Did it go downhill for awhile? I also recall that their fish selections were indeed, very hit and miss, and were sometimes downright lousy. The bread and rolls on RCC, specifically Enchantment of the Seas, was excellent, and head and shoulders above Celebrity Summit, as they had no good bread products on there at all in my opinion. My son, who is actually the one going on this particular cruise, was always a fan of the fruity, cold soups. There was always something else that I, personally, preferred to order instead of them. I do agree with you that most cruise ship desserts look much better than they actually taste, and personally tend to eat a lot of the creme brulee, with the burnt sugar crust layer artfully removed. (Never saw the sense in wasting the calories on burnt sugar!)

Oh, yes......it went downhill all the way to used dishwater.

And I am not exaggerating. :eek:

But I am also happy to report that I had it this past month and it was delicious.

:)

Yum!

It all sounds delish.

What do they serve if you are on a 13 night cruise? Do they just start repeating the menus again?

No, they have different menus each night. Some entrees might repeat, but the combinations are different.

I do agree with you that most cruise ship desserts look much better than they actually taste, and personally tend to eat a lot of the creme brulee, with the burnt sugar crust layer artfully removed. (Never saw the sense in wasting the calories on burnt sugar!)

That "burnt" sugar topping is my favorite part!

Have they done away with Lobster night?

Lobster is on the 2nd formal night (Jasmine Menu)... It is listed on the menu as follows...

Fisherman’s Plate

Broiled lobster tail, garlic shrimp and seasonal

vegetables

My mom always orders it with no shrimp and usually gets 2 tails!! But they have always accommodated requests for additional portions. And if you are sailing with me you can have mine... I'm allergic :(

Enjoy!

No, they have different menus each night. Some entrees might repeat, but the combinations are different.

Bob is, as usual, correct. We were just on a 14 night TA and the menus never repeated, although some items appeared on a menu more than once. Overall we found the new menus to be quite good, although there were perhaps two when there was a bit of a challenge to find something we really liked. On those occasions we usually made a reservation for one of the specialty restaurants.