Current RCCL MDR Menus

We are sailing on the Legend of the Seas in June of this year. Do all RCI ships have the same menu? Will this likely be ours? Hope this isn't too silly a question.

More than likely will be the same, but not guaranteed, sometimes items may vary from ship to ship

From experience if it wasn't on the menu what are DD wanted we just asked our waiter and they got exactly what she wanted

When very young they used to bring her out fruit and desserts to keep her occupied whilst we were waiting for our appetizers..

Have a nice cruise :)

Don't be afraid to ask as they will do their best to accommodate you.

Edited by PompeySailor

Do they still have the Tutti salad bar set-up in the dining room during lunch on sea days on RCCL ships? We really enjoyed it when we sailed on Enchantment of the Sea, and were surprised and disappointed to find that it was not offered on sister-line Celebrity ships that we sailed on the past two summers.

Do they still have the Tutti salad bar set-up in the dining room during lunch on sea days on RCCL ships? We really enjoyed it when we sailed on Enchantment of the Sea, and were surprised and disappointed to find that it was not offered on sister-line Celebrity ships that we sailed on the past two summers.

Yes.

• 3 weeks later...
Bob is, as usual, correct. We were just on a 14 night TA and the menus never repeated, although some items appeared on a menu more than once. Overall we found the new menus to be quite good, although there were perhaps two when there was a bit of a challenge to find something we really liked. On those occasions we usually made a reservation for one of the specialty restaurants.

Would you - or anyone else - have a copy of the MDR 14 nt menus? Good to hear there was no repetition except a few items.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I was pleasantly surprised by the menu and food in the MDR. It has definitely changed and improved. I saw items on the menu that I had never seen before and enjoyed most of the food I ordered.

Chops was delicious, but I recall paying 12.00 pp years ago when they first offered speciality restaurants.

Lobster is on the 2nd formal night (Jasmine Menu)... It is listed on the menu as follows...

Fisherman’s Plate

Broiled lobster tail, garlic shrimp and seasonal

vegetables

My mom always orders it with no shrimp and usually gets 2 tails!! But they have always accommodated requests for additional portions. And if you are sailing with me you can have mine... I'm allergic :(

Enjoy!

Hmmmm... looks like they didn't do the lobster during our recent Adventure of the Seas cruise!

I remember Jasmine, but there wasn't any lobster!

I know on our 11nt there were no menu repeats but some of the entrees showed up again.

On that one-- unlike the posted menu-- nearly every night there was an Indian-style curry dish offered. I let the waiter-- who was from that region-- know I was going on a limb but was never disappointed, and by about the 3rd or 4th night it was like I had earned some minor celebrity with him, the assistant and other nearby waiters.

Lesson learned: if you're feeling adventurous, the ship is the best place to "go for it" in the Dining Room. They've totally cool with bringing you a favorite if that new choice turns out to be "not your thing." (for me, that was Eggplant Parm.)