Screwed up, need opinion

jackparts

Family of 10, frequent cruisers, booked on the Glory over Thanksgiving. I booked airfare for the day FOLLOWING the cruise by mistake and Faster to the Fun. Cannot make my mind up to keep or cancel the Fun thing. No tendering, no rush to get off the ship, only things good are faster to board and Guest Service priority lines. any opinions?

Family of 10, frequent cruisers, booked on the Glory over Thanksgiving. I booked airfare for the day FOLLOWING the cruise by mistake and Faster to the Fun. Cannot make my mind up to keep or cancel the Fun thing. No tendering, no rush to get off the ship, only things good are faster to board and Guest Service priority lines. any opinions?

Then why spend the $$$????

I'd say your airfare being on the wrong day is a more significant problem. You need to get on the phone with your airline real quick! If I weren't platinum I would definitely purchase FTTF but then I hate waiting in lines so that one item would be enough to make me purchase it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I'd keep FTTF the only thing about it that matters to me is skipping boarding lines and having cabin ready when I board. Personally couldn't give a rip about the other stuff. But priority boarding is well worth $50 to me.

I'm assuming since you didn't mention any problem that your schedule permits you to spend and an extra day after the cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Waterloomarc
edit: cant spell

It sounds like you are fine with the airfare mistake and will spend the extra day and the issue is whether you feel FTTF is worth it. I don't know if all the cabins in your party have it, but to me, an extra $50 isn't a big deal considering the amount spent overall on the trip. Another nice feature is that you can drop off your carry-on luggage as soon as you get on the ship and you'll get your checked luggage faster.

I would keep FTTF, just to drop off the blasted carryon in my room ASAP.

I hate lugging it around with me when I board.

Also since you dont have to get off the ship quickly, as your flight is the next day, then with FTTF, you can stay on board a little longer and dont have to get off until last call.

I guess it is a personal choice, I would keep it, but then again you might not think it is worth it. So give it some thought and then make the choice that is right for you.

Also, as for having the flight the day after the cruise, I am now doing this on purpose, because, I hate the hectic rush to get to the airport and fight the throngs of crowds there, then flight, and reach home exhausted. So I stay an extra day and for me it is just one more day to relax a bit, before I get back to the real world.

the ONLY reason i get FTTF is to dump my carry ons (luggage and soda/water) into my room as soon as i board.

It is a lot less stressful that way -- also -- as i have kids, we can get to the Lido and have lunch before the extremely rude cruisers show up and demand they "respect their elders and give up their seats"

It is a lot less stressful that way -- also -- as i have kids, we can get to the Lido and have lunch before the extremely rude cruisers show up and demand they "respect their elders and give up their seats"

I can see that, as getting to the Lido buffet would be much better before the extremely rude kids get there and cut me off in line, cry and scream in my ear, touch all the food, plates and utensils, and then make a made rush to the ice cream machine without eating any of the food that they took.

You have no problem. you have a cruise, and a day to unwind, now you just need to find a hotel for the one extra night.:)

Not quite that simple if you're scheduled to work the next day. I usually only schedule the time I need for the trip expecting to be back for work the next day. So I assumed the OP would feel the same way. Also hotels are pretty expensive in some areas. Which might be a consideration for the OP if he's concerned about 50 bucks for the FTTF.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Jana60

I can see that, as getting to the Lido buffet would be much better before the extremely rude kids get there and cut me off in line, cry and scream in my ear, touch all the food, plates and utensils, and then make a made rush to the ice cream machine without eating any of the food that they took.

clearly not my kids as they were sitting quietly eating :)

i am sure as i get more cruises under my belt i will experience this from a child, but so far only had adults break in the line , poke the food and leave a huge plate of it behind). I am above 5 feet tall so very few children can scream in my ear -- thank goodness -- but even when it happens -- it's vacation time -- and i am to relaxed to stress about it.

I'd keep FTTF the only thing about it that matters to me is skipping boarding lines and having cabin ready when I board. Personally couldn't give a rip about the other stuff. But priority boarding is well worth $50 to me.

I'm assuming since you didn't mention any problem that your schedule permits you to spend and an extra day after the cruise.

I agree, I would keep FTTF. I used it on the 11th on the Dream and I purchased it just for priority boarding (onboard and eating lunch at 11:15) and to be able to go straight to the cabin and drop off our carry on luggage. It also gives you use of the Priority line at Guest Services. On our last night we had to return a library book. There were at least 25 people in the regular line and only 1 in the priority line. You also get priority luggage delivery. This allowed us to be completely unpacked before muster drill and able to relax after that. You may not need priority disembarkation but they will give you early numbers which will allow you to get off whenever you please rather than waiting for a later number to be called.

I agree, I would keep FTTF. I used it on the 11th on the Dream and I purchased it just for priority boarding (onboard and eating lunch at 11:15) and to be able to go straight to the cabin and drop off our carry on. You also get priority luggage delivery. This allowed us to be completely unpacked before muster drill and able to relax after that.

I agree, when you get to go on board, have lunch and be totally unpacked before debarkation it makes you feel like you have an extra day of vacation. I even have time to tour the ship and learn where everything is before debarkation thanks to priority boarding.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Forums mobile app

I purposefully booked airfare returning the day after the cruise and FTTF. We may as well since the following day is Sunday and we're off work already anyway.

FTTF is primarily for early boarding, early cabin access and tender in HMC for us, although the special guest services line will be a benefit too. Plus, I figure we can get off the ship early in order to enjoy our last day in Miami.

I would keep FTTF if I were you.

I would personally keep it.

Just for two reasons: Go straight to the room and dump the bags:D:D

Secondly, if you have a need to go to Guest Services, at anytime throughout your cruise, your line will have one or two, while the normal one will have 10-20:eek::eek:

Just being able to drop the bags off, alone, to me, is worth the $50.

After paying what you pay for the cruise, what is another $50?

Enjoy!

You posted this same thing on 4/30/14. Didn't get the answers you were looking for a month ago ?

Is that REALLY necessary?:rolleyes:

Maybe they DIDN'T get the answers they were looking for.

Geez.

clearly not my kids as they were sitting quietly eating :)

i am sure as i get more cruises under my belt i will experience this from a child, but so far only had adults break in the line , poke the food and leave a huge plate of it behind). I am above 5 feet tall so very few children can scream in my ear -- thank goodness -- but even when it happens -- it's vacation time -- and i am to relaxed to stress about it.

Not necessarily. The only rude behavior I've ever witnessed or had to deal with on ANY vacation came from obnoxious adults.

As to the OP, keep fttf and enjoy the down time once off the ship. I did that once and it really was very relaxing. Enjoy every part of your trip!

Oh and one more thing. You didn't screw up. A screw up is when you book your flights for the day BEFORE your cruise comes back. Yep I did that 2 years ago. Didn't realize until I reviewed our documents while packing on the last night...in other words about 10 hour after the flight I paid for left! That's a screw up. You have a longer vacation ;)

Not necessarily. The only rude behavior I've ever witnessed or had to deal with on ANY vacation came from obnoxious adults.

As to the OP, keep fttf and enjoy the down time once off the ship. I did that once and it really was very relaxing. Enjoy every part of your trip!

I love reading how you think (^_-)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I guess this means when you get back to port you are flying out the next day, therefore no rush to debark. Well, like another mentioned, it's personal preference, i like to be able to drop off carryons and spend my time not waiting in lines, so for me it's worth it, but if you have 10 people and 2-4 cabins and all want to board together, at $50 a cabin (even if you have connected bookings and multiple cabins, FTTF is per cabin and if you do not buy it for each cabin you can't all board together), it might not be worth it. Or maybe it will. It's up to you and how you prefer to spend your time and $.

Sorry Geezers, the previous post was to explain how I felt. Stupid. It was a mistake on my part and I hoped that it may make me feel better if I posted it. It didn't. This post was to see what other reasons I might not have thought of, such as having more time on the ship and less of a hassle to get off(private message). I did not realize it for days so the airline was not accommodating at all. So, sorry for the almost double post.