Noon Flight Home from Orlando?

Has anyone ever taken a noon flight home (or earlier) after leaving Port Canaveral? Is that too early?

In the past my flights have always been around 2-3pm. I'm trying to avoid sitting at the airport for 3-4 hours like I have done in the past.

hey Buddy, a month ago, I got off the Carnival Sunshine and got to MCO in plenty of time for a 12:20 flight. Infact, I got through security and then purchased a botttle of water, my receipt says 10am. I booked a private shuttle because CCL woulldn't let me use theirs. Just as well, I spent half of what they wanted. I did carry-on only, because I was worried about time.

hey Buddy, a month ago, I got off the Carnival Sunshine and got to MCO in plenty of time for a 12:20 flight. Infact, I got through security and then purchased a botttle of water, my receipt says 10am. I booked a private shuttle because CCL woulldn't let me use theirs. Just as well, I spent half of what they wanted. I did carry-on only, because I was worried about time.

Maureen!!!! Thanks! What time did you actually leave the ship, like 8am?

Just checked my phone, I had to call them (Cortrans) after I cleared Customs. I called them at 8:22. I waited about 15 or 20 minutes for them to pick me up. They were great, I think it was like $20 each way. They picked me up at hotel to port, then port to MCO.

Just checked my phone, I had to call them (Cortrans) after I cleared Customs. I called them at 8:22. I waited about 15 or 20 minutes for them to pick me up. They were great, I think it was like $20 each way. They picked me up at hotel to port, then port to MCO.

Wow, not bad. I might give them a shot.

There are days on which MCO is a madhouse. Saturdays are better than Sundays. It's the security line that can cause big delays.

Definitely use private transportation, as Maureen wrote.

Ruh roh. Freedom sails Sunday to Sunday.

Edited by Merion_Mom

Has anyone ever taken a noon flight home (or earlier) after leaving Port Canaveral? Is that too early?

In the past my flights have always been around 2-3pm. I'm trying to avoid sitting at the airport for 3-4 hours like I have done in the past.

We've routinely done 11am departures out of MCO. If you get off the ship by 8am, you should have no problem.

We just got off on Sunday. Had an 11:30 departure out of MCO.We were in the 7:15 group, off by 8 (there was a 10 min. hold up due to security). By the airport at 8:45. At our gate by 9:30. 2 veeeeeeeeery long hours with a 10 month old. I'd say you have plenty of time!

Please tell me more about Cortrans. Do you wait for them to fill up

a bus? Would they take 2 passengers?

We have been using a driver

that we like but it was $120 for one way.

Never mind, I see the info I want on their website.

Thanks !

Edited by CAT GIRL

In January we walked out of our cabin at 8:20 and were on the ship bus by 9:10. We had to wait for it to fill up and then a 40 minute ride to MCO. We were there by 10:20. I would use luggage express so you don't have to mess with your luggage. A private hire would save you the time of waiting for the bus to fill up and depending on the terminal you are leaving from hitting all the other ones. We were on a Delta flight and we were the last drop off, so there was probably another 20 - 30 minutes. I would guess using private hire and luggage express you won't have an issue. If you use luggage express you can walk off at anytime. We waited until last call because our flight wasn't until 3:00, so no hurry.