Winter weather in Norway - in July

davecttr

Just got my pre cruise booklet for my norway cruise on Oceana in July

Especially interesting was the important information section. apparently we are going to get average temperatures of minus 1C and there is advice on winter clothing. :confused:

Wonder who P&O use for their weather forecasts :rolleyes:

Hi, it is best to use the theory of layering i.e. base mid and top. Make sure the top layer is windproof and waterproof. You will probably find you can have all 4 seasons in the space of a couple of hours. Whatever the weather I hope you enjoy.

They don't know what the weather's going to do in July. Norway weather is no more reliable than English weather. But as Bergen's record lowest nighttime temperature in July is plus 5 degrees C, there's no way (barring a snap Ice Age) that the average temperature will be that low.

Edited by dsrdsrdsr

I have been to Norway and Higher twice in July -first time I wore thermal vest under my T-shirts -second time it was VERY warm !

I am going again on Oriana and will take a couple of thermal vests -The thin ones with me just in case !!

On our first cruise we went to Norway at the end of June. We had snow in Geiranger. You have to be prepared for anything.

Brian

Yes we had snow in Geiranger in July! It was a whiteout.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They don't know what the weather's going to do in July. Norway weather is no more reliable than English weather. But as Bergen's record lowest nighttime temperature in July is plus 5 degrees C, there's no way (barring a snap Ice Age) that the average temperature will be that low.

In fairness it depends where the cruise is going. If it is going to Svalbard (600 miles from the North Pole) you could easily experience minus temperatures in July. As an average for the whole trip however, I agree, that is nonsense. The weather for most of it will be similar to that of Scotland.

Edited by Spikey M