dining times waitlisted???

I am looking at the April 18th 2015 sailing of the Grandeur and was in the booking process and the only time available for dinner is the my time.

The early and late seating say waitlisted.

Is that normal that a ship only has my time dining available with over 10 months until the cruise?

Are they maybe changing over to dynamic dining or something?

It seems odd to me but i am not that familiar with the way RCI does things.

Bill

I am looking at the April 18th 2015 sailing of the Grandeur and was in the booking process and the only time available for dinner is the my time.

The early and late seating say waitlisted.

Is that normal that a ship only has my time dining available with over 10 months until the cruise?

Are they maybe changing over to dynamic dining or something?

Bill

This has happened on my last 2 reservations that I booked over a year out. I just put a request to be waitlisted and I got what I requested. I have no idea why they are doing this. Maybe they eventually want everyone to do MTD?

Mine too. Never had that happen. They only allow so many in, then waitlist. Then open again. They don't want everyone "hogging" one time. This is what I was told :rolleyes:

Bill

Odd, but not unheard of. Go ahead and wait list to the one you want, and keep checking. I suspect there maybe large groups on board that have specific requests in.

Happens more often than not. Keep checking or confirm when on board. I have never not gotten the time I wanted eventually. As far as I have heard Dynamic Dining is only on the Anthem and Quantum.

I booked a few weeks ago for Feb. 2015 and the same thing happened to me. I requested early seating in the MDR and yesterday, when I checked my reservation, I was listed for 6:00 in the MDR. I have no idea why they didn't give it to me when I booked. As some have said, maybe they want you to prepay the gratuities. Go ahead and book. I don't think you will have a problem.