Is Carnival Victory having problems?

What is this???

We were on the same deck, a Balcony cabin, 2.5 years ago. Our room was spotless, and I heard no one complaining. You read the youtube comments, and recent cruisers seem to agree that their room were either dirty, or that they heard others complaining.

Is Carnival slipping, or just the Victory? Maybe the crew is becoming careless with more partiers going to the Bahamas? Maybe bad stewards on just a deck or two?

We have Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay on our bucket list, now I'm not sure. Anyone know if the Elation is clean?

Wow! I certainly hope that the Victory has been upgraded since then! Including upgrading the crew!! Never have I seen such awful conditions on one of their ships! I bet this exposure will get Carnival humping on fixing this ship! Thanks for sharing!

Victory is the reason we have taken a break from Carnival.

Really? If you are no longer cruising with Carnival, just on the board to bash them?

I was on this years Super Bowl cruise on the Victory, and it was a great cruise with the staff being over the top nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Really? If you are no longer cruising with Carnival, just on the board to bash them?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I can only guess that's a rule on your private message board. I can visit DC only once and be able to talk about it a lifetime; the good and the bad. It's called an experience, and can be shared.

Same thing holds true for cruising.

We sailed this spring and had no complaints with our Empress inside cabin on the Victory. Maybe we have lower standards (we were happy with five people in an inside after all...and we frequently camp in a tent), but I never noticed any cleanliness problems. The steward did make a couple mistakes -- taking a dirty beach towel and forgetting to replace it -- but the room was always clean and the steward still called me by name far away from my cabin. Everything was kept shipshape in common areas, despite some significant waves causing the pools to flood. The staff was working so hard to keep the decks relatively dry. DH heard a rumor that some rooms below the pool had water after some rough seas at night (which we slept through), but I never heard any complaints. I really liked the ship's layout, with the aft pool roof for bad weather, and our wait staff was excellent as usual.

What is this???

We were on the same deck, a Balcony cabin, 2.5 years ago. Our room was spotless, and I heard no one complaining. You read the youtube comments, and recent cruisers seem to agree that their room were either dirty, or that they heard others complaining.

Is Carnival slipping, or just the Victory? Maybe the crew is becoming careless with more partiers going to the Bahamas? Maybe bad stewards on just a deck or two?

We have Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay on our bucket list, now I'm not sure. Anyone know if the Elation is clean?

That video was posted almost 1 year ago. So hopefully the problems were resolved. When we were on Victory in January, our cabin was spotless.

Eww! That looks like a steward problem that has hopefully been reported to guest services and management. We stayed in an airport hotel in Jacksonville before our Fascination cruise two years ago that looked like that in the first room we got. Reported the problem to management and they moved us down the hall to another room which was just as nasty. After a long talk, a manager put us in a room on a different floor and walked it with us. This time we got a room that was very clean. That hotel just had a horrible housekeeper on the floor we started off on so hopefully that's the case on the ship. Hopefully people who have had rooms like that reported it so it can be taken care of. I wish you a great cruise on whatever ship you choose!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did a last minute 4 day cruise on the Victory this past weekend (5/22 - 5/26). We had a great time. The ship may be a little dated but it sure didn't bother us. The ship was clean and we didn't experience any "cleaning" issues. First time we sailed out of Miami and loved it! I would book this cruise and ship again without hesitation. This was our 12th Carnival cruise.

We stayed in room 7204 which is interior with picture window.

Edited by CJinFLA00
added cabin number

I'm not quite grasping the purpose of the video. I didn't watch all of it as I got "seasick" with the camera scanning. Didn't he say it was like that for the whole cruise? If so, why? If I paid that much for a cruise, (or even at a give away price) no way in Hell would I tolerate that. It would be reported upon seeing it for the first time.

If I had a room that was this disgusting, I would definitely invoke the Carnival Great Vacation guarantee and make them pay me to fly me home. Would never spend a week in that filth. The man's point in valid - a house can be very very old, and still be clean and well maintained. No excuse for the same standard not to be held to a ship. Fortunately, we have sailed the Elation 3 times and not encountered any issues. Looking forward to the Dream this October! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I have been on 5 different Carnival ships and never saw such conditions. However, It wasn't so bad to bring his situation to light. It shows that Carnival is not perfect and can only make them better. It appears that the balcony cabins suffer more corrosion than interior cabins due to their exposure to the high humidity and salty air. I don't blame him for showing this, I would have been angry at those conditions too, and for allowing any stateroom to get to that level. But I am still a Carnival fan through and through, and am excited about boarding the Breeze in a couple weeks!! I bet the Victory has had its Fun Ship 2.0 upgrades since then! Apparently, it hadn't at that point.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forums mobile app

Hi :)

Wow....:eek: the video of that stateroom aboard the Victory from July 1, 2013 is

certainly unacceptable.

Hopefully things have changed since July 1, 2013 and this issue was resolved

long before the Victory's recent dry-dock that took place from March 21, 2015

to April 4, 2015.

:)

If I had a room that was this disgusting, I would definitely invoke the Carnival Great Vacation guarantee and make them pay me to fly me home. Would never spend a week in that filth. The man's point in valid - a house can be very very old, and still be clean and well maintained. No excuse for the same standard not to be held to a ship. Fortunately, we have sailed the Elation 3 times and not encountered any issues. Looking forward to the Dream this October! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

This is horrible publicity, but at the same time it's a situation that needs to be addressed. Anyone ever been in a hotel 13+ years old? Remodeling should be included and spread out into the price. Balconies are generally cheap on Carnival, but an extra $10 per week pp would result in a $13,000 fund after 13 years. Cleaning on the other hand, that's ridiculous, especially between guests!

Good to know the Elation crew is on their game, we sail next Halloween. ;)

I can only guess that's a rule on your private message board. I can visit DC only once and be able to talk about it a lifetime; the good and the bad. It's called an experience, and can be shared.

Same thing holds true for cruising.

This is true.....but we are waiting for the good portion.;)

Hi :)

Wow....:eek: the video of that stateroom aboard the Victory from July 1, 2013 is

certainly unacceptable.

Hopefully things have changed since July 1, 2013 and this issue was resolved

long before the Victory's recent dry-dock that took place from March 21, 2015

to April 4, 2015.

:)

We were on her the month after that and our room was spotless.

You stay in $39 motel rooms?:confused:

No. It is impossible to find a quality establishment for less than $44. Inflation and all. :rolleyes:

The point is that for the cost of a Carnival cruise, ANY cruise, ANY length, ANY ship this is deplorable. I thought my statement was pretty clear. Obviously you felt the need to twist it around.

No. It is impossible to find a quality establishment for less than $44. Inflation and all. :rolleyes:

The point is that for the cost of a Carnival cruise, ANY cruise, ANY length, ANY ship this is deplorable. I thought my statement was pretty clear. Obviously you felt the need to twist it around.

Did I say that it was OK? Your intent was clear. Do you think that this could happen anywhere (on any ship on any cruise line on any length)? I do. Should it be tolerated when found? Not at all. I have never found that on any Carnival cruise, have you? What was the point of a $39 hotel room? I was implying in my question to you that you were making a Carnival cruise and cheap hotel room the same thing. I am sure I am mistaken though.....correct?:cool:

Did I say that it was OK? Your intent was clear. Do you think that this could happen anywhere (on any ship on any cruise line on any length)? I do. Should it be tolerated when found? Not at all. I have never found that on any Carnival cruise, have you? What was the point of a $39 hotel room? I was implying in my question to you that you were making a Carnival cruise and cheap hotel room the same thing. I am sure I am mistaken though.....correct?:cool:

I absolutely was not saying Carnival is the same as a $39 motel. Carnival is significantly more expensive vacation and as such one has the right to expect a CLEAN room. So, yes, you were mistaken.

I absolutely was not saying Carnival is the same as a $39 motel. Carnival is significantly more expensive vacation and as such one has the right to expect a CLEAN room. So, yes, you were mistaken.

It won't be the first time (today even)....my apologies madam.;)

It won't be the first time (today even)....my apologies madam.;)

I read that three times and was like....why does he think I'm a woman. Then it clicked. Must be that dry (New) England style humor :D