Southern on Adventure -hump or aft?

I am taking my first southern cruise and cant decide on hump or aft. I currently have a center hump on deck7 but want to move to a JS.

I have cruised in 1394 and loved it but wonder if a southern would better experienced in a hump. If hump, does side matter?

My itinerary is ... St Thomas, St Croix, Anitgua, St Lucia, Grenada.

Any advice?

I prefer the hump. More centrally located and it's a clear view without the beams and structure that the aft cabins have.

On Adventure, just make sure not to choose deck 6 side facing balcony, which has an all steel front, as opposed to a lower steel front topped with glass on the higher decks.

I am taking my first southern cruise and cant decide on hump or aft. I currently have a center hump on deck7 but want to move to a JS.

I have cruised in 1394 and loved it but wonder if a southern would better experienced in a hump. If hump, does side matter?

Any advice?

I was wondering the same thing. I was thinking hump on deck 8 but whichever, I'm on a cruise! The itinerary scares me a little bit with so many ports. I love a sea day but I guess we can balance it with tours & relaxing beach days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was wondering the same thing. I was thinking hump on deck 8 but whichever, I'm on a cruise! The itinerary scares me a little bit with so many ports. I love a sea day but I guess we can balance it with tours & relaxing beach days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They do pack a lot into the southern itineraries. St Lucia is my main target. I have been to St Thomas twice, so thats my second sea day.

We have become fond of hump cabins! We are booked center hump on deck 9 on Adventure and can't wait. We have been in a deck 9 hump on Serenade, Freedom and now Adventure! Great location central to everything! :cool:

It is like choosing between steak and lobster! :) No bad choice really.

We sailed in a deck 7 hump cabin on Adventure in March 2013 and we loved it. I like the convenience of the hump. For port intensive cruises, my opinion is the hump is better. If there are a lot of sea days, the aft might be really nice.

We just reserved a balcony on Adventure in cabin 6630. Any thoughts? It is designated as Aft and on the deck plan, we line right up with the stairs/elevator which is fine by us. I know it can be a bit noisier there, but that's okay. Think I got a good room?

We just reserved a balcony on Adventure in cabin 6630. Any thoughts? It is designated as Aft and on the deck plan, we line right up with the stairs/elevator which is fine by us. I know it can be a bit noisier there, but that's okay. Think I got a good room?

The railing wall on deck 6 balcony staterooms is all steel, whereas on deck 7 and higher, it is half steel, half glass. More visibility when you are seated on the higher decks.

6630 isn't an "aft" cabin....it's a side cabin in the aft section of the ship. True "aft" cabins are lined up on the rear of the ship, overlooking the wake. Your cabin will be not too far down the hall from the elevator/stairway FOYER....yes, they are in a foyer, so noise isn't an issue! You aren't actually "lined up" with the entrance to the foyer, but you aren't far!

I have a corner aft booked on the Adventure and cannot wait. You cannot go wrong with either choice. It is a longer walk to the aft cabin but I look at it as being able to walk off all that food.

Hump cabins are my favorites. I'm just not a fan of the aft cabins whatsoever. The extra large balcony is nice but for me, it doesn't make up for the vibration, motion, and view. I generally don't like the view from the aft cabins because I like to be able to look forward and backwards, but on Voyager and Freedom class ships the superstructure is just not a good view period. Ill leave them for those who don't mind the poles and superstructure ;)!

We just booked 9390 on Adventure for 2016 cruise. Anybody know anything on this aft cabin?

We booked 9390 on Adventure for July 2015. I'd be happy to share our experience after we return in 15 months. Can you wait that long? ;)

Hopefully someone will chime in and give both of us their experience.

How is Junior Suite 1644 on deck ten? Looking forward to Sept. 2015!!

We prefer deck 9 to avoid potential noise from deck 11 above.

Edited by clarea

We prefer deck 9 to avoid potential noise from the pool deck above.

That was one of my concerns! Hopefully it wont be an issue, since we are really in the room to get dressed and sleep. We usually get a balcony but with the BOGOHO sale we treated ourselves to a JS.

Edited by lounger

That was one of my concerns! Hopefully it wont be an issue, since we are really in the room to get dressed and sleep. We usually get a balcony but with the BOGOHO sale we treated ourselves to a JS.

Having ti quiet when we are trying to sleep is one issue that is important to us too. Hearing rolling carts from Windjammer overhead at 4am is what I don't like.

We booked 9390 on Adventure for July 2015. I'd be happy to share our experience after we return in 15 months. Can you wait that long? ;)

Hopefully someone will chime in and give both of us their experience.

Yes I can wait that long. Glad I got a cruise at end of this year to keep me sane. That 670 something days is ugly.

Any advice?

We have booked 7310 (right in front of the hump) on the Adventure for 5/15. The balcony is larger (45 sq ft) and angles forward so that you can see both forward and the side. We had the same balcony configuration on the Jewel last month (8586) and it was perfect! You get the same extra seating as the afts along the back.

We were at cabin 8690 and did a southern route on January. Great corner aft and no structure blocking the sun.

Didn't like the balcony door (not a slider), but not a big deal. Although in that specific route the balcony cabin was not a must, cause there was only one cruising day (and smoking not allowed on balconies...). But a great cabin whatsoever. Worth of money totally.

Sent from my iPad using Forums