New Suite and Mini-Suite Amenities

Charliesmom

Is the disable smiles in text boxed checked- it should be unchecked- it is below show your signature?

Nope, the "disable smilies" box is UNchecked, but the "show your signature" box is checked. I can't do smilies within the message, and my signature doesn't show. Maybe if I reverse the checkmarks, it'll work! Argh.

It was starting to look like all cruise lines were just taking perks away. When we sailed in our first mini we got canapes every evening but the second cruise we were told this had been stopped so Its nice to see Princess giving something extra. We have a mini booked for the christmas and new year cruise on the Sea Princess so this will be great

Julie

This sounds great especially the Pillow menu. (You can never have to many friends (pillows) My wife gets quite indignant when I call down for more pillow all the time.

TorontoTL if you are traveling as much as you say and not getting bonuses then I would switch travel agents. I have been on Princess a few times. Last Xmas I booked an inside and I was told inside was the same as balcony so I took balcony, I was then upgraded a month before departure to a mini suite. The next cruise coming again I booked a balcony an got a mini suite for the same price. Oh I forgot I live in

Toronto as well.

Happy Cruisein'

I am also very excited about this change. We will be in a suite on our 1/21/06 Golden Princess cruise and between my dh being allergic to feathers and liking to sleep on a bunch of pillows, the pillow menu will be a welcome addition! Of course having the tote bag in our room will make it a little less exciting when we win one for some silly contest :D

Oh and I second the question - What is: "Lotus Spa Thermal suite"?

Hilary

I was against paying more for the mini suite initially but I've been sold on the idea for quite a while. This is just Icing on the Cake. I guess the husband's decision making is o.k. after-all. LOL!!!!! I love the pillow menu. I wonder if they run out quickly. Also...What is this comfy sounding mattress??????

We made a decision last year to postpone our cruise to this year and upgrade to a suite. We have a 16 yr old daughter and wanted to treat her as well as us. We just made our final payment for the Sapphire Thanksgiving Cruise 11/19/2005. I was really getting excited then heard about the new ammenities. That is Awsome - of course the DD is most excited about the large bathroom and Halo vanity mirror.:) .

Does anyone know what the Lotus Spa Thermal suite is?

Oh I do hope they have this implemented on the Star for by B2B that starts September 12th. This will be my second mini. My first was on the Dawn which was the best. That one was more like a suite so any little extras on my up comming cruise will help. But, I will be in cruising heaven with or without the perks.:)

Here is a 360 degree view of the Lotus Spa thermal suite on the Coral Princess.

If I am not mistaken, it is a classy name for a steam room. lol

http://www.virtualtoursusa.com/tours/coralprincess/lotusthermal.htm

And a bit more info about the Thermal Suite: http://www.frommers.com/deals/cruise/article.cfm?dealID=CRUISE&articleid=2099&t=Spas+at+Sea%3A+Reveling+in+Relaxation+

On the Island Princess in March by DH and I used the thermal spa every sea day. It has three different steam rooms plus a fourth that is sort of a tiled sauna. There are two tropical rain showers to cool off after being steamed. The best part though were the heavenly heated tile chaise lounges. They looked terribly uncomfortable but felt wonderful. One could fall asleep on them. We thought the price we paid to use the spa was well worth it. Free next time will make it that much better!

Ann

I love the mini-suite perks!:D This is good timing, since I'm paying $300 more per person than I paid for the same cabin category last year on the same itinerary.:eek: It makes me feel like I'm paying more, but getting more as well!

nhcruiser.....I do not know, am only guessing that most of these amenities will not be offered to VIPs in other categories. Most of these things sound like physical amenities which can not be moved around the ship from cabin to cabin......imagine staff running down the hallways trying to remember if the CD/DVD player and upgraded mattress go in room # 134 or in #143? :eek:

Just wondering if anyone knows if these perks will be extended to Elite Captains Circle members, in all classes of cabins, as they have been in the past?

I would guess that the Elite perks will remain the same but this is an addition to the suite and mini suite amenities only.

Elite perks are still some of the best of any cruise line so I doubt they will be increasing those anytime soon.

I hate to burst anyone's bubble but I think that this news Letter was only refering to the Suites and Mini Suites on the Grand Princess. I brought up the Ship "Regal Princess" and clicked on onboard and did not get any such notice of the added Amenities. I hope I am wrong as I am sailing on her the 26 th of Sept.

I hate to burst anyone's bubble but I think that this news Letter was only refering to the Suites and Mini Suites on the Grand Princess. I brought up the Ship "Regal Princess" and clicked on onboard and did not get any such notice of the added Amenities. I hope I am wrong as I am sailing on her the 26 th of Sept.

It isn't on the Princess website - it came in an e mailing to Princess Captains Club members - it did not indicate that it was limited to the Grand! Here is the link http://book.princess.com/html/cc/enewsletter/onboard.html?source=enews6AS

Ron

If you look at the princess website in the cruise answer place here is the description for mini suites

cap_onboard_subhead.gif

IN-STATEROOM AMENITIES

The little extras you find in the best hotels - fresh fruit (by request), evening bed turn-down, chocolates on your pillow, complimentary shampoo, conditioner and body lotion - are provided in every stateroom. Waffle weave cloth bathrobes are available upon request from your stateroom steward for your comfort and convenience. For those of you who wish to enjoy a relaxing drink in the privacy of your stateroom, bottles of liquor and stateroom bar packages are available for purchase at non-duty prices either through room service, from designated bar locations, or through our stateroom packages. Click here to download our menu of offerings.

Mini-suites include a welcome glass of champagne, two televisions, a refrigerator and a walk-in closet, while full suites offer these plus additional amenities such as a combined DVD/CD/MP3-CD player, free access to a DVD library, a halo light magnifying mirror and more (available beginning September 2005).

Each stateroom has other items for your convenience, such as a private safe and refrigerator. In addition, each room is equipped with a 110-volt, 60-cycle alternating current (AC) with standard U.S. plug fittings. Please ask your stateroom steward to check your appliances for suitability before use if you have any doubts. All ships are equipped with an electric hair dryer in every stateroom.

Archived