Share Holders statement

lrockwitt

I faxed in my Princess Share Holders for our cruise in January. I received an automated reply to resubmit 90 days prior to cruise.

I have never had trouble in the past sending it in earlier than 90 days.

Anyone else have this problem?

I sent one for an October cruise 6 months ago and had no problem having it credited.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I faxed in my Princess Share Holders for our cruise in January. I received an automated reply to resubmit 90 days prior to cruise.

I sent one for an October cruise 6 months ago and had no problem having it credited.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It has always been the rule to submit after final payment with a recent statement dated no earlier than 90 days prior to sailing. This is to keep it fair so folks actually own the shares when they are on their cruise versus those who may have sold immediately after faxing in their old statements.

Interesting. My October cruise was credited immediately and I have not paid final payment. I guess they must be watching more carefully. Carnival credits my account as soon as I send it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly they are probably looking LESS carefully and no one looked at the date :)

Interesting. My October cruise was credited immediately and I have not paid final payment. I guess they must be watching more carefully. Carnival credits my account as soon as I send it in.

You got lucky. It has always been after final payment.

It's printed on the form

"No earlier than three months prior to your cruise and no later than 14 days prior to your cruise"

Mike:)

My TA waits until 30 days before the cruise to send it in. This time Princess baulked because my Edward Jones statement had "Hold" (instead of Buy") in the opinion column. After several attempts (IOWs getting it to the right person at Princess) they approved the OBC. My stance was I had bought the stock and it shouldn't matter what Edward Jones thinks of the corporation.

(Edward Jones claims they are going to stop 'opinionating' on CCL stock starting next month so hopefully the October cruise will not have this pre-cruise hassle.)

Bottom line--persevere!

We booked a last minute voyage last month and had only 2 weeks before embarkation to request our Shareholders Benefit. Since we didn't have fax capability we sent it in "snailmail" and we did receive our OBC in a week. Maybe we caught it just right and were lucky.

Normally we send it in soon after the last payment or a month ahead of embarkation and have had no issues.

It has always been the rule to submit after final payment with a recent statement dated no earlier than 90 days prior to sailing. This is to keep it fair so folks actually own the shares when they are on their cruise versus those who may have sold immediately after faxing in their old statements.

I agree ...

Here is the official rule from the annual statement.

http://dmmarks.com/mexico2014/images/Shareholder.jpg

It only mentions 2 weeks and nothing else. There is no official form. I sent in my request about 120 days before my Oct 1 cruise after I made final payment. It was applied within 2 hours.

I have had them say 90 days in the past but I just thought I would try after someone else said they had theirs already for December.

BTW: I used a screen shot of my portfolio at the stockbroker.

Here is the official rule from the annual statement.

http://dmmarks.com/mexico2014/images/Shareholder.jpg

It only mentions 2 weeks and nothing else. There is no official form.

This is the official form that we have used for years.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=280187&d=1374748991

Mike;)

This is the official form that we have used for years.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=280187&d=1374748991

Mike;)

Thank you. I do notice that it indicates brokerage statement issued within 90 days of voyage. That can be a problem when you only get a quarterly statement and your latest one is a few weeks greater than 90 days. Your next statement would be a couple of weeks before the cruise. I have always used a screen shot of the online portfolio.