Fake Names?

jp12687

We see several LaTrina's at the place I work, but the one that makes me laugh like a mad man everytime is when one of the LaTrinas comes in with her son Sh*tarious. OK, I shouldn't find that so funny, but I do.

the guy I work with had me laughing one day

He said "you know its only a matter of time before you are walking through Walmart and you hear a mother yelling at her kids "Laveitra , I told you not to touch anything ".....".Ambien , you hold my hand when we walk in the parking lot"...... Cialias, you put that down ,or I will kick your butt" *LOL*

I have a fake name myself and use it always. My real name is too hard to pronounce. I dare say many feel the same way about their names. Gets old having to teach how to pronounce your name over and over and over and over and over again.

The only time I use my real name is when I'm booking a cruise, or using my CC where they ask to see my license. My name here is not my real name, and I'm so glad I never have used my real name on the internet. Our last cabin steward was Filipino and his first name was George and a very common last name. Doesn't matter to me, as long as he does his job.

Edited by elliair

How many people do you know in your circle that have nicknames or use a shorter version of their given name? My son's name is Eddie, we call him Buddy, does that make him a questionable person? Again, I agree, it's simply for our benefit, not theirs, to offer us an easier way to address them, not to hide their true identities.

What you are talking about is nick name or family name which many people have.

I actually know people that have one or two actual different names . One guy is named "John Lewis"(just an example) , but when he hangs out in New York City (we live in Connecticut so he is there a lot) he is" Louis Johnson".... because he wants to keep his NYC life and his real life separate (whatever that means ). In this case this person is pretty questionable *LOL*

On last month's Freedom cruise, my cabin steward's name was Blessing, and he was a "blessing". So nice and caring. Did a great job all week. Knew our names as soon as we entered the cabin. (Not that it matters to me if he did or not - but I thought that was impressive). I did wonder if that was his "real" name or not - but whatever - he was very good.

One of my friends used to work at Chick Fil A in college and she told me that if you forgot your name tag, the manager would give you a fake one. And usually the name on the tag was really bad, like Gertrude or Belva or something like that.

One of my friends used to work at Chick Fil A in college

and she told me that if you forgot your name tag, the manager would give you a fake one.

And usually the name on the tag was really bad, like Gertrude or Belva or something like that.

That is BAD -but I love it! :D

One of my friends used to work at Chick Fil A in college and she told me that if you forgot your name tag, the manager would give you a fake one. And usually the name on the tag was really bad, like Gertrude or Belva or something like that.

I did that to my employees when I was a retail manager. Girls were always Ethel or Bertha, and guys were Dick.

I worked at Disneyland with a cast member that had the first name of PHUC.

Yep, if you looked at his name tag and pronounced it, you would think it says that word. But it was pronounced with the long o sound like spook. After about a week of fellow cast members AND guests saying his name like like a swear word, he asked for and received a new name tag with FRANK on it. LOL

When I was in 6th grade we had a new student from the Philipines with that name as well -- we ended up calling him Phil :)

I work with overseas call centers (in the Philippines) and the agents change their names, just because its easier for the Average American to say. Even the ones with "typical" American names change them.

We've had agents named "Sunshine" and "Honey". My favorite is one of our offshore agents had the legal name Rocky Balboa. :D

I managed a support team which included "Rainbow Sunshine, Princess Diana, Michael Jackson and Homer Simpson"

I have a fake name myself and use it always. My real name is too hard to pronounce. I dare say many feel the same way about their names. Gets old having to teach how to pronounce your name over and over and over and over and over again.

True! Not really a "fake" name ... just an easier to pronounce version for English speakers. :)

LuLu

My hubby was born in Malta in the 50s, when all babies born were given a saint name. He was never called that name but something similar.

When he moved to Australia and started at secondary school his home room teacher gave him a similar name to use to simplify things.

So I am not too sure who I am married to, his passport has his saint name, his driving licence and our marriage certificate has the name his parents called him, and everyone else knows him by his teachers given name. Fortunately when we renewed his passport they added the clause "this person is also known by the name................" just in case we have a problem anywhere, first time that had been put in the passport.

My hubby was born in Malta in the 50s, when all babies born were given a saint name. He was never called that name but something similar.

When he moved to Australia and started at secondary school his home room teacher gave him a similar name to use to simplify things.

So I am not too sure who I am married to, his passport has his saint name, his driving licence and our marriage certificate has the name his parents called him, and everyone else knows him by his teachers given name. Fortunately when we renewed his passport they added the clause "this person is also known by the name................" just in case we have a problem anywhere, first time that had been put in the passport.

I'm sure he's had quite the journey with his name over the years. Thanks for sharing!

I heard a rumor a lot of the staff have fake names on their name tags...is this true?

Not fake, just easily remembered and pronounced by the cruisers, not all of them have sharp memory.

When you call the bank or a corporation 800 numbers and "John" or "Linda" picks up the phone, what do you think, these are their real names?

Not fake, just easily remembered and pronounced by the cruisers, not all of them have sharp memory.

When you call the bank or a corporation 800 numbers and "John" or "Linda" picks up the phone, what do you think, these are their real names?

I wish "Rachel" from the unknown credit card company would quit calling trying to lower our non-existant credit card rate. Funny thing is, her name never changes yet her phone number on caller ID always does.

I work with overseas call centers (in the Philippines) and the agents change their names, just because its easier for the Average American to say. Even the ones with "typical" American names change them.

We've had agents named "Sunshine" and "Honey". My favorite is one of our offshore agents had the legal name Rocky Balboa. :D

In the age of social media, Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare etc. If I still worked on the phones I would consider changing my name, just from a security perspective. People are crazy, one bad experience and they could start stalking you on FB. When I was on the phones I had people ask me if I worked in a specific office, because they didn't live too far away and they were going to come to office and have a chat. I don't blame the cruise staff for using aliases.

I have visited the Philippines, and have friends there and here in the US, and they often use aliases (not fake names), or change their names often. Sometimes it because their names it difficult to pronounce, or just because they want to. As noted above, I have friends names Spring, Autumn, Sunshine, Billabong, etc. I don't think I have every run into a cruise employee with an alias or fake name, most are shortened to an extent.

Once on the Legend, we had a bar waiter whose name started with a G followed by several syllables. He said "Just call me G-Man."

G-Man was great. He usually worked the Serenity area, but we saw him in other areas on the ship at times and he always made it a point to come over and say "Hello Mr. ******, do you need anything?"

Just got off the PRIDE and the hostess for anytime dining was named ABCDE....saw it and thought umm ok then they sent a dessert to the room for taking so long seating us one night and it had that name on it

Fake names???

Did you ever hear of actors named "John Wayne" and "Dean Martin" or "Marilyn Monroe", what were their real names? Google will help with that.

People often use a "pseudonym" because it is both easier to pronounce, and in the case of media, more marketable. On cruise ships it is often a matter of pronunciation.

I started off in radio broadcasting in college as "Lou K Scott" as opposed to Louis J Betti (my real name). My last name didn't sound Italian enough, so I changed it and my middle initial.

With my first commercial radio job, the program director asked me not to use "Lou" as my first name, as we had another DJ working weekends, "Lou Walker", and that wasn't even his real name! Okay, so I changed it to "Jay Scott".

Heck, I have Greek friends whose first name is "Dimitrios", they change it to Jim or Jimmy.

Fake? Your name is what you want it to be, as long as you do not use it to defraud others. You do not need a legal name change.

Right now, I'm "Lou Anthony" for my radio and TV commercial voice-over work.

Then there are the large number of passengers who decided to give themselves new names at least once, if not more, in their lives (insecure women that need a man's surname to validate themselves).

?huh?

Sent from my Ipad

Fake names???

Did you ever hear of actors named "John Wayne" and "Dean Martin" or "Marilyn Monroe", what were their real names? Google will help with that.

People often use a "pseudonym" because it is both easier to pronounce, and in the case of media, more marketable. On cruise ships it is often a matter of pronunciation.

I started off in radio broadcasting in college as "Lou K Scott" as opposed to Louis J Betti (my real name). My last name didn't sound Italian enough, so I changed it and my middle initial.

With my first commercial radio job, the program director asked me not to use "Lou" as my first name, as we had another DJ working weekends, "Lou Walker", and that wasn't even his real name! Okay, so I changed it to "Jay Scott".

Heck, I have Greek friends whose first name is "Dimitrios", they change it to Jim or Jimmy.

Fake? Your name is what you want it to be, as long as you do not use it to defraud others. You do not need a legal name change.

Right now, I'm "Lou Anthony" for my radio and TV commercial voice-over work.

I guess its like the original Hawaii Five-O . In the credits they had that guy Zulu as "Kono" . I guess Zulu didn't sound Hawaiian enough *LOL*

I work in HR and deal with employee files on a daily basis. Every two weeks I get a new lot of files to make and yes, some names are so strange and difficult to pronounce and legally have to use it for payroll purpse. They get around it by using a nickname that is used in daily use for those of us who have no idea how to pronounce the name, so when you see a name that has around 30 letters and the first name and last name each have around 15 letters and you have no flippin clue how to pronounce it, "Sam" sounds kinda good...

I had one where I had no idea what the guys name was. I had three different names on at least 10 different documents and only one of the names was common on most documents.....in the end I had to mark everything with the name we have recorded for that employee...

As far as cruising goes, for them I would assume they don't mind or care if their name was altered or changed to make it easier.....Personally, I had a East Indian named Jose as a room steward, and I have never seen an East Indian man with the name "Jose"