New sale has started;not impressed

Congrats!!! Glad someone here got to take advantage of it!!

$900 or even $800 for an outside on the grandeur isnt a great deal. its best to wait inside 60 days ,if one is looking for the price drops. those are better than any sale. im going 399pp 7 night on friday.

Edited by DannyDriscoll

I've been watching Freedom for end of August (8/24). The prices were holding at about $1009/pp for a D2 or D3 balcony but when the WOW sale came out they jumped up to $1309/pp. Today, they are back down, to $1157/pp with second at 1/2 price. If I had booked at $1009, with my balcony discount, I would have been at $909/pp before taxes. Now I'm at $898.50/pp. And I pulled a Next Cruise I had booked into 2015 up to this sailing, so I have $100 OBC as well.

I planned on waiting another few weeks to see what the prices did after final, as I already have air booked so that's not an issue. However, I need either connecting or adjoining cabins, so those disappear faster. With only a few pairs left, I figured I'd take the price now and go with it. I can always keep an eye on the categories above and if something really great opens, move us. But it wasn't worth taking a chance for maybe another $100 or so off.

$900 or even $800 for an outside on the grandeur isnt a great deal. its best to wait inside 60 days ,if one is looking for the price drops. those are better than any sale. im going 399pp 7 night on friday.

Too each their own. This is a ten day cruise with IMHO a better iten .The same cruise in December is a lot cheaper but this works better as my wife needs time to prepare for the holidays .

We are lucky enough to live near the beach so a summer cruise to a beach while great for most doesn't work for me

Too each their own. This is a ten day cruise with IMHO a better iten .The same cruise in December is a lot cheaper but this works better as my wife needs time to prepare for the holidays .

We are lucky enough to live near the beach so a summer cruise to a beach while great for most doesn't work for me

of course it has to work for you , very true. not everyone can grab a cruise inside 2 months of lift off.

I paid $630.14 for two pax. on Explore of the Seas in Dec. We got a PR cabin. Now the same cruise is $899.14. It went up $269. from when we booked! Is it the sale or just that the cruise is selling well and rates have gone up?

I paid $630.14 for two pax. on Explore of the Seas in Dec. We got a PR cabin. Now the same cruise is $899.14. It went up $269. from when we booked! Is it the sale or just that the cruise is selling well and rates have gone up?

As stated in previous post "supply & demand."

The sailiing is probably selling well and so prices have gone up. We've got an Explorer cruise coming in in December that the JS prices went from $1650 to about $4000 a month or two ago. Now the sale price has brought the JS price down to $3100, still way more than the price when the cruise came out.

We just upgraded from an interior guarantee for our Oasis Transatlantic to an interior balcony for only $133 per person - delighted!

I had my TA check the TA for me and the price is $1000 more for the 2 of us with the new sale - we did have a drop 2 weeks ago of $720 from our original booking so I'm happy:D:)

• 2 weeks later...

The only cruise we had booked for September (3 people) went down with the bogo sale that just started, but we decided to add a fourth person, and total price including port charges and taxes still dropped by $50. Not bad, add a person and save a little to boot!! Not a huge savings, but with the $440 Future Cruise Certificate from our Galveston Oil Spill Cruise, total for four persons for 7 days in an inside accessible cabin is $1,050 with a $50 OBC. Would have been $140 less two weeks later, but traveling with others, so had to stay with this week. But.... I have been price checking a few others.... Some have gone down, but some went up substantially.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app