Drone

Snook

That's pretty cool! Any idea what the filming is being done for?

Like others, I really would not want of those hovering around anyplace I might be :eek:

They already were, but until you know big brother is watching you there's nothing to worry about.

That's pretty cool! Any idea what the filming is being done for?

Like others, I really would not want of those hovering around anyplace I might be :eek:

Yes, they were making a documentary about Alaska, but the news item also mentioned that the drone will possibly used for other filming purposes. Then there was concern expressed about this going into other - unauthorized - areas, but the FAA has approved the use of them.

• 2 weeks later...
You can actually buy drones on ebay for around 500-1,000 dolars. Thanks Copper for the link on the drone up in Juneau, Alaska. I think it could be scary seeing one outside the Crows Nest. You never know whether it be friendly or foe.

$_57.JPG

Do all drones look like the one you posted, or do some of them look like model airplanes?

IMO it would be a bit scary to see one of these hovering over our ship or even our house..

The year is 2014...

Amazon is looking to deliver product via drones. Yes, lots of issues over who owns "airspace". But, it is coming.

Some US cities have plans to use drones as part of normal operations.

Real Estate agents are using drones to film and market homes.

If Google can use satellite pictures of our homes, why can't a drone be used openly too?

great link marti2282.

Time to embrace change and not fear it...

Learn some more here:

Imagine the home movies you can bring home from your next cruise. Sure beats the old slide shows of the past.

Edited by Sam.Seattle

Here is a link to a YouTube video of a drone flying over Allure of the Seas (I think) as she sails out of port Everglades.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zXHrZo4FhN4

I have also seen a video of one following a Carnival ship out of Port Canaveral.

Modern technology/Clear pic! Great shot of one of PE's pilot boats sailing alongside waiting for the pilot to disembark. Thanks for posting!