Embarkation time in Baltimore

Typically my family and I are late arrivers at the port, and this is not an issue for us. But my son and his friend opted to drive over to Baltimore a day early, and were hoping to get on the Grandeur as early as possible tomorrow in order to start the festivities (and christen their premium drink packages!) as soon as possible. He is only a gold level loyalty member, so would have somewhat limited priority boarding privileges. But does anyone know what the earliest time he could expect to be allowed to board the Grandeur tomorrow morning would be? Don't want to tell him to be there too early if he just has to sit and wait for hours.

Edited by Lysingers

Most likely time would be around 11:00-11:30. I'm Diamond Plus and we board around 11:00 give or take a couple minutes. They usually have cookies and drinks while you wait. The best port for embarkation and debarkation.

Gwen :)

.........but not for sitting around waiting.

Typically my family and I are late arrivers at the port, and this is not an issue for us. But my son and his friend opted to drive over to Baltimore a day early, and were hoping to get on the Grandeur as early as possible tomorrow in order to start the festivities (and christen their premium drink packages!) as soon as possible. He is only a gold level loyalty member, so would have somewhat limited priority boarding privileges. But does anyone know what the earliest time he could expect to be allowed to board the Grandeur tomorrow morning would be? Don't want to tell him to be there too early if he just has to sit and wait for hours.

absolute earliest they will begin boarding is 1030. more likely 11 or so. if he gets there too early he will not even be allowed to drive into the lot to drop off luggage or park. last time we got there at 9 and had to wait about half an hour before they started letting people inside the gate.

Last month we arrived around 10:30 AM. Waited about 5 minutes to pull up to the luggage drop off, then drove right to the parking area and into the terminal. Boarding started around 11 AM. Very quick and easy thru security.

.........but not for sitting around waiting.

We've gone out of Baltimore several times and we've had to sit and wait at least once because we got there so early. It's not bad at all. I've never had a bad wait in any port. I've never understood people complaining about the port not being "nice". Whatever that means. I honestly think some people think it should be like your living room. LOL.

Overall it's a great port. Easy to get to and easy to get in and out of.

Edited by BND