Easy excursion wallet?

helene109

I have something very similar from the same company, the Alligator.

I do not wear it around my neck. I tie (with several half-hitches) to my bathing suit top, then usually put it under the top. You do not want the stingrays to confuse the wallet with food.

Where do you put your important stuff for example if you and your family are swimming with the stingrays?

thanks!!

There are tons of products out there, you can usually buy small hard sided waterproof cases on the ship or in port, or for less money at a sporting goods store at home. I use a dic a pac camera bag. We used those for our cameras before we bought underwater cameras. Works great.

I also recommend one of the waterproof products that goes around your neck. There are plenty to choose from.

Keith

On tours I feel pretty comfortable leaving a bag behind on a bus/boat etc... there is usually someone looking out for your stuff. They will tell you when it's OK.

But if you are on the beach on you own you want to be able take your money, I.D., and cash and be able to go swimming. These pouches are the way to go. If I go snorkeling I carry my underwater camera, got my equipment and the pouch is around my neck. You can leave everything else on the beach. If someone steals your towel or sandals so be it, but you want to be able to carry everything that's really important.

Pick one that is convenient for you. I personally prefer the soft sided plastic types because I can fold them to a smaller size when convenient. One important feature is that you have to make sure that it is waterproof. Some are much better quality than others.

Edited by Nic6318

A small Zip Lock Freezer bag will work if you don't have a water wallet. ;)

LuLu

Won't work if you want to keep it on your person. How many women's suits have a pocket?

In a search for money belts that weren't worn around the waist, we found some that are designed to hang from your belt down inside your shorts.

They are REALLY comfortable, you don't even know you're wearing it, it just feels like something in your pants pocket. No elastic belt riding up and getting itchy, nothing dangling around your neck.

Ours are about 3x5", nylon with a zipper. On the short end are two fabric loops - one khaki and one black, to attach to your belt. It is easy to access for the wearer, but impossible for a pickpocket to reach.

I use a safety pin to hang it to shorts or skirts without a belt, and to my swim-shorts. It's nylon, so it dries quickly. Anything we need to keep dry (money, copy of passport -- NOT the real one) goes in a ziploc bag in the pouch.