Breeze Eastern Video

pyroguy

It's been a while since I posted. I finished up our Breeze video but I'm still not done with all the pictures. I plan on posting a review, but hopefully this will suffice until I can get the rest finished.

Carnival Breeze

Random Wind Sailboat Tour / St. Maarten

Cockshell Bay / Reggae Bar / St. Kitts

Segway Tours PR / San Juan

Jack's Shack / Grand Turk

It's been a while since I posted. I finished up our Breeze video but I'm still not done with all the pictures. I plan on posting a review, but hopefully this will suffice until I can get the rest finished.

Carnival Breeze

Awesome video! Thanks for sharing.

Loved the video Pyro! Who sung the song and what was the name of it? I can't get it out of my head now! :)

The song is called "Best Day of My Life" by American Authors.

Funny story actually. I hadn't heard the song until last week...my daughter (in the video) and I went to a Father/Daughter dance event our church was putting on. They played this song and she told me she loved it. So I pulled out my phone, opened the "listen" app, let it find the song and bought it right there. That's how it made it into the video!

Fabulous video, Pyroguy. Hubby wants to know what kind of camera you used. I think he wants one! LOL!

I used a combination of cameras for the various shots. I used a Nikon D7000 with a 24-70mm f/2.8 lens for the majority of the tight shots. For most of the action shots I used a GoPro Hero HD 3 Black mounted on a GoPole. Some of the DSLR video was handheld, some was using a Manfrotto fluid head monopod and a CarrySpeed VF-4 viewfinder and manual focus.

For the underwater shots, I also used an EelVision shallow filter on the GoPro lens.

I took all video at 1080p resolution, 60fps on the GoPro and 24fps on the Nikon.

Nice. Looks like y'all had a blast.

What / where was y'all when you all was on the sail boat jumping off?

That was the Random Wind in St. Maarten. It's an outside excursion. We really had a great time and it was worth it. Found on Trip Advisor.

Great video. Ive got a 6 year old and have been looking for something good for him in st kitts. How was that Raggae bar at cockleshell beach for your kids?

My son ( the little one) will be 6 next month. The first clip of a sand castle and all of the snorkeling underwater shots were in St. kitts.

The kids loved it. Snorkeling wasn't the best we've ever had, but it was not the worst. LOTS OF SEA URCHINS (like thousands,never seen that many before), but it's in the coral, not near the swimming area by reggae bar. The snorkeling is maybe 75-100 yards away. There was also a moray eel I caught on video, but I didn't see it until I was reviewing back home (hiding under a rock).

The sand is nice enough to make sand castles and our kids played all day on the beach no problem. There are monkeys in cages near the bar area.

There were very few beach vendors selling services(only 2 women selling massages) and none selling trinkets.

There are waiters that come to the beach to serve drinks and food. The chairs and umbrellas are $5 each.

Taxi from the port to reggae bar was 35 each way for our family of 5. It's about a 25 minute trip. We asked our driver to come back and get us, and he did right on time.

Carnival Breeze

Hi Pyroguy :)

Terrific video! Thank you for sharing. Also, I have a couple questions for you.

I find it best to ask you here in your post, I hope that is ok. In another post

by another member I saw a reply by you in regards to the Chef Table aboard

the Breeze. You mentioned that the actual meal itself was held in the galley

and not in a more intimate, quiet setting.

My wife and I have been cruising for over 3 decades and have been to many,

many, many Chef Table meals aboard Carnival, Princess, Royal & Celebrity.

A handful of them have indeed been in the galley itself, but a great deal more

of them have been in private, more intimate rooms.

I love the Chef Table experience on every cruise line my wife & I have traveled.

We never miss it!! But we also have not experienced a Chef Table set up

in the galley in quite sometime.

So sorry to ramble & babble on... trying to get to my questions for you.

I have Multiple Sclerosis, and the past few yrs living with this beast of a

disease and its many overwhelming symptoms, there are two symptoms in

particular that concern me. Ear/hearing issues and prolonged heat issues.

I am really concerned about the noise level. After approx 30 minutes in a noisy

setting, I begin to experience confusion. Prolonged heat I experience fatigue.

How was the noise level in the galley for the 2.5 hour Chef Table?

How was the temperature in the galley? Comfy cozy, warm or hot?

Was the table set up off to the side, well ventilated area?

My wife & I booked the Breeze for a 14-day voyage. An 8-day & a 6-day

B2B voyage. We have not sailed the Breeze yet & we are excited. In

fact, I already secured a reservation for a Chef Table Table dinner through

the steakhouse, and a reservation at the Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse,

and a reservation at the Cucina Del Capitano restaurant, LOL!! Hahahaha!

I'm thinking it may be wise for me to bring lightweight ear plugs to

the Chef Table as a preventative measure to muffle the kitchen noise

slightly???

What are your thoughts from your recent Breeze Chef Table experience

concerning noise level (constant??) and kitchen heat in regards to the

placement of the Chef Table?

Again, so sorry to ramble. Thank you in advance for your thoughts and

assistance!

Have a wonderful day!

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

What are your thoughts from your recent Breeze Chef Table experience

concerning noise level (constant??) and kitchen heat in regards to the

placement of the Chef Table?

Hi! Thanks for the compliment on the video.

I had known prior to booking that this CT was in the galley. I was a little concerned about the heat having been on numerous other CT experiences where that is an issue in the galley. I convinced myself that they would have to make it more comfortable or I would have heard about it ;)

As it turns out, the heat was not an issue for anyone it seemed on our CT experience. The noise level, however was an issue. It wasn't the constant noise level being too high and hurting my ears (I would estimate 75-85dB, peaking at 95dB during crashes every couple minutes or so), but it was that we couldn't understand what the chef was saying. Partly because he would stand at the other end of the table and partly because of his heavy indian accent. I found myself trying to read his lips multiple times...and other times just smiling and nodding but having no idea what he said. We finally started asking him to come to our end of the table and repeat himself, which he did.

My father-in-law had heard us raving about the CT (this was our 4th) so he decided to try it. I could tell he was visibly frustrated multiple times throughout the experience being unable to hear what was going on.

As for ambiance, think stainless steel everywhere with industrial lighting. It wasn't very elegant or intimate. Also, they broke it up differently. We did the appetizers and WCMC demo in the cooking area, then we sat down for the first 4 courses of the meal. They then got us up and took us on the rest of the galley tour - then came back and finished the rest of the courses. In the past when I've done it we always did the entire galley tour prior to retreating to the meal.

While the food was excellent as expected, I don't believe having it in the galley is nearly as enjoyable as having a private intimate dining room experience. Personally, I don't think it was worth the $75pp charge. Maybe $40 or so? I probably won't be doing it again if it's going to be held in the galley. *possibly* if they change up the menu, which is definitely in order.