Best time to cruise hawaii

kballhsd

If you come over to the Hawaii board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62

you will find tons of info on cruising Hawaii.

Define "best". Weather? Varies very little year around. December to end of March is very popular due to the presence of whales. Again, some reading over on the Hawaii board will answer a lot of your questions.

"Best" cruise line? You could ask 25 people, and you would get 40 different answers. Best cruise line is about the most subjective question you could ask.

Do people plan years in advance? Absolutely.

Edited by CruiserBruce

I agree with CruiserBruce that you will get a lot of good information on the Hawaii Ports Of Call Board.

The first thing you need to figure out is what type of cruise you want to take. NCL offers a seven day cruise that starts and ends in Honolulu. It is offered all year round

Another option and one we have done several times is to take a cruise that begins and ends in California. It provides four sea days at the beginning and four at the end and usually stops at four Islands. It often leaves/returns from Los Angeles, San Francisco or San Diego. Several cruise lines do this but just during a portion of the year including Celebrity and Princess.

Personally I have found January through March to be a nice time for a Hawaii Cruise when it is cooler on the mainland and lovely in Hawaii.

If I can help with additional information, please let us know.

And congratulations on your upcoming Anniversary milestone.

Keith

Our experience over Christmas and New Years was that it was pretty cool and rough for the first 2 days over and the last 2 days back and from what I have read that is pretty much the norm any time of the year...so we are booked to go back in January 2016. The one thing to remember with a Hawaiian cruise that there are a lot of sea days with only about 4 in the islands so if you are good with that then away you go.:)

There is no "bad" time in Hawaii....if you want to see whales, you need to be there in the late winter or early spring...that's when the mother's calve. The big males will leave before the mom's and calfs.

The best way to experience Hawaii is NOT on a cruise...you should take a land vacation there, for at least 10 days...2 weeks is better!

The first two times I was there were on land trips (1. three islands in nine days guided tour, late February 2. honeymoon trip on two islands, five days, November) and then three cruises RT from LA to Hawaii on Princess ships, all during the holiday season late December/early January). For me, the cruises were great because I hate flying. Lots of fun-filled sea days plus Hawaii. If I wasn't doing the RT, I would just want to fly there and spend the time on the islands rather than on a floating hotel, which doesn't sound as great as the Golden Princess.

We saw lots of whales on our cruises. In fact, when we got back to the ship on our Maui day on our most recent one, there were many whales hanging out around the ship.

wanting to cruise Hawaii for our 25 wedding, when is the best time of year?

and which cruise line?

has anyone plan "years" in advance

thx

We live in Hawaii, the weather can be good anytime, its windy today. I do like the winter months. February great.