Packing list

kkimber2

Just search "packing list " on this board. There are many packing list treads on it. Just remember your are on a ship they have everything you need if you want to pay for it. Take first aid stuff. Band aid, sea sickness, creams, sun block, ect.

instead of a power strip, I found this cute little adapter at Target for $5. You can plug in 3 things and a spot for USB too (like for an Iphone or Ipad) It even had a night light on it. here is one from Staples. s0467303_sc7.jpg.59f8b83eee22ccc9e7f2ef75ac6b3985.jpg

I also bring a pop up hamper to help keep the room tidy. And clothespins and extra plastic hangers. There is a cord in the shower to hang your wet swimsuit but with the hangers and cloth pins you can hang more. The cord isnt very big.

Edited by thomarvin

Underwear, some clothes , a swim suit, sunscreen, aloe and proper documentation.

Most important a good attitude. You're going on a cruise not moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In 20 cruises I have never used nor needed an over the door organizer.

Also, I personally feel a pop up hamper simply takes up floor space. Dirty clothes can be put in suitcase which you can put open under the bed, easily slid out.

You only need a power strip if you have several electronics that need charging at the same time.

I do agree that bringing bandaids etc is a good idea. I'd add Imodium and something for upset stomach.

But on the whole keep in mind that some people's must-haves are laughed at by others. Some things I think essential are scoffed at by others. So decide what YOU would use.

Edited by NMLady

Think through all of your clothing for daytime, and evening and what yo need to bring with you to wear off the ship.

The one area I would stress relates to medicine/first aid. Take items that you will carry with you in port such as bandaids, and other first aid items in case you get a cut. Also, take items for the ship in case you were to get a cold or some type of virus which will provide relief. While some of those items are sold on the ship the choices can be very limited.

Have a great time.

Keith

instead of a power strip, I found this cute little adapter at Target for $5. You can plug in 3 things and a spot for USB too (like for an Iphone or Ipad) It even had a night light on it. here is one from Staples. [ATTACH]316447[/ATTACH]

I also bring a pop up hamper to help keep the room tidy. And clothespins and extra plastic hangers. There is a cord in the shower to hang your wet swimsuit but with the hangers and cloth pins you can hang more. The cord isnt very big.

Hey that's pretty good. I'll check Target out for this, I have european power strips but not those. I'll definitely get on of those. :D

There are lots of list out there but one thing that is seldome mentioned is perscription medications. If you take some on a daily basis BRING EXTRA!!! That is why I always take the bottle and not the "Old Person Organizer" that has a spot for each day of the week. What if there is a cancelled flight? Problem getting back into port? Electrical/Mechanical problem on a sea day? Lots of things that will probably not happen can leave you without medication.

Remember--Packing is an evolving process.

Whatever you pack will be 'wrong' or you brought 'too much' or 'not enough'. :p

What works for some won't work for others. We use pocket holders when traveling with more than two in a cabin or on certain ships with lousy bathroom set-ups. No hampers when a plastic bag will do. Use a Belkin or Phillips mini surge protector. The Belkin is awkward to use on Princess.

Been on too many (~20) of the 3 & 4 day cruises out of Los Angeles. You'd think I'd know what to take? Nope, always bring something I don't wear.

After each 4 day cruise it's "I packed enough for a week", but when we take week-long cruises I always bring extra and don't wear all of it.

My theory is If It Fits, It Can Go. One small suitcase and a tote.

The Fashion and Beauty Board has tons of info.

Ok everyone I need help putting together a pacing list for some newbies. Is there anyplace I can find some sort of list I can't think of everything. I know I am forgetting something.

Start early,just to think about what you want to bring and what not to bring.

We bring lots of one dollar bills for tipping.

We tie bright colored ribbon on our suitcases to help us identify them.

Bungee Cord - Brought a bungee cord to secure a door that we wanted to keep open from banging. We once had all of our cabins next to each other and had the doors to the balconies opened up all the way. Our door kept banging.. so this helped it to stop.

The OTC medications are a really good idea and do not take up much space (had a hard time on one trip trying to get decongestants because I did not speak any Eastern European languages well enough), Put one little card each of decongestant,Iimmodium, Dulcolax, some kind of aspirin in a baggy (should not need bottle, the packets say what they are) and put in your luggage. You can use for several trips and replenish if needed. Put the bandaids in too. Neosporin goes in the quart bag.

Set out all the clothes you think you need and get rid of half.

I am with the pack light advice group. My husband and I each travel with a small rolling carry on (added after lost luggage) and a light weight bag for under the seat that slips over the handle of the rolling bag, and one shared 4 wheel small checked bag. We have traveled 5 weeks with these items. We don’t go on trips under 2 weeks. The airline lost our luggage before a cruise though the Panama Canal and we did not get it back until we got home. Since there was no place to buy new clothes on the trip, we learned quickly you don’t need all that stuff. Turns out it was one of our favorite trips. Remember you will never see these people again so what to you care if you wear the same outfit to dinner 3 times. With less items in your state room you get dressed quicker and back into the events on the ship. If you do spend quiet time in your cabin, then it is neater and you have more room. I always make room for the following: scarves; small plastic file organizer for all reservations and information and toss as you go; nightlight for the room or battery operated tea light for bathroom; suction hooks for mirror; 3m quick remove hooks; power strip; tiny flashlight for each bedside table; duck tape wrapped around a bottle; shoe stings for tying back curtains and things; safety pins; luggage scale, always kept in an outside luggage pocket and our Kindles . We wash out items at night and they are ready in 2 days. At the end of the trip we put one of the wheeled carry-on inside the checked luggage and then pack it for home. Most of all pack your fun easy going side. Have a great trip.