Norwegian Spirit balcony

hawkshoe

We are thinking of cruising to Italy in Sept. or Oct. Was wondering if it is worth the $650 price difference to get a balcony instead of ocean view room.

Apparently lots of people think it is worth it since they tend to sell them all. And, lots of people do not think even an OV is worth it as they book insides.

But, since you asked, I would not do anything less than a balcony on any cruise.

Thanks. I have only done a balcony once before and the weather on that cruise was terrible, so we could barely use it. I think that is my biggest concern here given the time of year we are traveling. However, if there will be a lot to see (looking at going from Barcelona to Venice), then it would probably be worth it.

The staterooms on the Spirit seem to be a bit smaller. You may want to have a balcony for the space.

Our outside on the Spirit seemed as big to me as our outside on the Gem, and perhaps the larger window made it seem even bigger.

My first balcony was last year on the Spirit, port side. It was almost magical watching the ports come into view each morning on our balcony. Each one was very unique, but I loved Mykonos and Istanbul the most. I got some of my best Instanbul pictures from the balcony. We were also able to watch the pilot boats come to the ship and see the pilot literally jump and climb on board. It was very much worth it to have the balcony.

I would (we always do) go for the balcony.. The quiet morning sailing passed coastlines in your pjs.. Can't be beat. You will love the Spirit!! We sailed twice last year.. 12 day in the summer and a 10 day after Christmas. The aft on the spirit is the best place to cruise.. So much seating, space, open air open to 3 or 4 decks. We loved it!! Enjoy!!:)

I think it would be worth it - weather in Sept/Oct will still likely be sunshine and over 20c. We had a balcony on the Spirit in November and still got a lot of use out of it, even when it was a little chillier or drizzling I enjoyed a coffee in the morning in my dressing gown on there. Plus, fresh air from the door being open is a million times better than air con.

The Spirit is amazing, as is Italy, you will have a lovely time even if you stay in a broom cupboard! :D

My wife and I just returned from a cruise on the Spirit and booked deck 5 mid ship ocean view. Although we normally book a balcony, I am glad we didn't on this sailing.

Looking back, since it is so port intensive, we would not have spent much time on the balcony. Disembarkation at the ports was from deck 4, so all we had to do was go down a flight of stairs and we were out. Coming back from a long day of touring having to only go up one flight of stairs was great.

We were close to the dining rooms and the theatre which was where we spent the bulk of our time. We only had two sea days on our twelve day itinerary, so we only had to go to deck 12 to use the pool and buffet for the day.

For what we wanted out of this cruise, I didn't feel that the extra cost for a balcony would be worth it.

Well worth it.

But keep in mind the balconys on the Spirit are smaller than on the Jewel class ships. About the same size as the Breakaway/Getaway.

Unfortunately I introduced my wife to balcony cabins on the Spirit, and we have not been back to an inside cabin since! Only balcony or above for her now...

You are sailing on a cruise ship on the sea - surely you would want to connect with the sea; the views; the sunsets; the stars; have your own outside space for coffee/drinks/relaxation.

Each to their own but we always go for a balcony cabin.