Entertainment

Randolphkay

I keep reading about entertainment In the pizzaza but have not heard what actually goes on there. This will be our first cruise with princess and we will be on the crown at Christmas. Love reading comments from the cc so any insight would be great.

Thanks, Sandy

I keep reading about entertainment In the pizzaza but have not heard what actually goes on there. This will be our first cruise with princess and we will be on the crown at Christmas. Love reading comments from the cc so any insight would be great.

Thanks, Sandy

My favorite is the string quartet (trio?) but often there are jugglers, too. Then there is the piano.

They do a good job of organizing a bunch of different activities in the Piazza.

On my recent cruise on Star Princess, they had different musicians (pianist, a quartet, guitarist, Dixieland jazz and my favorite, Jazz Cafe), a juggling duo (Team Rootberry...very funny), martini demonstration, horse racing, bean bag battle, paper airplane contest, egg-drop contest, hole-in-one contest, flash mob, Beatles tribute, etc.

Thanks, Sandy

The Piazza will definitely be the heart of the ship at Christmas, with caroling when you board, caroling on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, a children's fun festival, a gingerbread house display, etc.

I have several photos of the activities, entertainment and decorations in the Piazza on the Emerald Princess for the past three Christmases on my blog at:

http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas

loved your blog and all the great pictures. Can hardly wait until Christmas. Celebrating our 50th anniversary and bringing the family with us. Looking forward to great memories. Will be in an aft suite

The Piazza will definitely be the heart of the ship at Christmas, with caroling when you board, caroling on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, a children's fun festival, a gingerbread house display, etc.

I have several photos of the activities, entertainment and decorations in the Piazza on the Emerald Princess for the past three Christmases on my blog at:

http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/search/label/Christmas

A couple of years ago on the Golden Princess on Christmas, the kids were given their gifts by Santa (who actually arrived via tender boat that day from Lahaina) in the Piazza.

Sometimes the "Golden Princess" singers and dancers would give a preview of the big production show for the next night.

And since it was the Hawaiian cruise, and Elua was on board (they're a musical duo who were hired by Princess to give the Hawaiian cruises that touch of Aloha), they would often perform in the Piazza (also up on deck during some days).

The International Cafe is right there on most Princess ships, so you can grab a light meal or dessert and watch the entertainment.

My favorite is the string quartet (trio?) but often there are jugglers, too. Then there is the piano.

On the Star the quartet was not a string quartet, but consisted of a piano, accordion, violin, and Cello. They were very good and all the seats in the area were taken when they played.

Edited by RDC1

During the month of December, the caroling company of which I am a member has provided the music (acapella carols) in the Piazza during embarkation on ships departing from Los Angeles! It's lots of fun :D.... until we have to disembark prior to sailing. :(

(That's me on the right).

attachment.php?attachmentid=316605&stc=1&d=1403203013

photo.jpg.55bbbcd1c09be95c2e93178950a6f474.jpg

Please expound. What is Elevator Roulette? Even the name is fascinating.

Yes, I also am wondering. Can someone please explain?

No cost to play.

The display of what floor the elevator is at is covered for four elevators.

Players are given roulette type gambling chips and place a bet on which one of the four elevators will be the next to come to the flour they are on.

Winners double their bet. At the end, the ones with the most chips wins. Sometimes it is the usual cheap ship prizes (such as given to trivia winners). Once it was a bottle of cheap sparking wine.

Best fun is to applaud as the elevator doors open. The startled elevator passengers have no idea why there is an applauding crowd welcoming them.

During the month of December, the caroling company of which I am a member has provided the music (acapella carols) in the Piazza during embarkation on ships departing from Los Angeles! It's lots of fun :D.... until we have to disembark prior to sailing. :(

(That's me on the right).

attachment.php?attachmentid=316605&stc=1&d=1403203013

Thats neat! :)

Landon Swank was the magician on our May cruise on the Ruby Princess. His act in the atrium was great--better in my opinion than his stage act in the theater. A lot of times there are varying musicians in the atrium. A lot of these play background type music, although sometimes you get ones that people actually want to sit and watch perform. We've enjoyed the acrobatic acts and jugglers as well.