Diamond and Up Drink Vouchers - List of Ships Using them

Are you sure those are the rules Jamon? I don't remember reading that anywhere. And although they were very strict about what you could order at the R bar, we had no problem ordering drinks for my sister and brother-in-law who were with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by jules71

Are you sure those are the rules Jamon? I don't remember reading that anywhere. And although they were very strict about what you could order at the R bar, we had no problem ordering drinks for my sister and brother-in-law who were with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are absolutely the correct rules. The free drinks are a wonderful benefit for those of us who have earned Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle status. If a large number of people abuse the original intent of the the program the is a strong possibility this benefit will be discontinued for all. If your friends can afford to take a cruise they can afford to purchase their own drinks (just as you had to before you reached Diamond or above status).

A clarification:

Infinity, owned by Celebrity, is kind of a cousin to the Royal Caribbean International (RCI) ships. Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines (RCCL) owns both Celebrity and RCI. The equivalent to Diamond status on RCI via Crown & Anchor (C&A) is Elite status on Celebrity via Captain's Club. The happy hour benefit is similar for both Captain's Club and C&A, but there are some differences (paper vs. on sea pass card, no need to use "vouchers" in Diamond Lounge, longer hours w/ C&A happy hour, all Celebrity sailings do not give the paper vouchers, etc.).

We did 12 days on the Legend of the Seas last month. The Diamond Lounge and vouchers so much better than what is offered on Celebrity. The martinis we full size and freshly made, no paper vouchers needed. Even with the three drinks loaded on our cards the DL was too crowded so they opened a large overflow lounge from 4:30 to 6:30. The vouchers and DL were from 4:30 to 8:00 (8:00 was later seating on this cruise) Celebrity martinis in the Elite cocktail events were usually pre-made, warm and small. I used to order them on the rocks to get a cold one.

The evening was a highlight of the cruise, we met a lot of nice people in the lounge. :)

It was our first time on a Royal Caribbean ship with a Diamond Lounge, we were Diamond because of our Celebrity status. This cruise earned us Diamond level with Royal -- so no more reciprocity ;)

Edited by CRUZBUDS

You can definitely use them in the theater. You cannot use the drink vouchers in the dining room or Windjammer. I have to say though that on my most recent cruise on the Explorer, I generally stopped at the bar to use the voucher and proceeded to the theater. Bar staff in the theater was scarce that sailing for some reason. I remember for years there used to be a bar waiter just hovering waiting to take your order...now you can't even find one.

With that being said, I also used a few of my vouchers for a friend. My opinion on the matter is that they are mine and I can do what I want with them. I earned them and I should be able to use them for myself, for another, or not at all. I know a lot of people find this appalling but it's just my opinion.

A similar scenario: When they used to give the actual coupon books in the rooms, we were able to let a family member use our diamond coupon on the spa with no problem. And there is no sneaking around that. The staff knew it and were okay with it.

Ordering drinks for someone who is not entitled to them would be frowned upon and not in the spirt of the program...of course you could order one and give it to them, but you would be breaking the rules. It seems like you are D or D+ by your question and I am surprised that you do not know this....

Wow! Um, yes I am in fact Diamond Plus but doesn't mean that I knew the answer which is why I asked. Jamon, I've not sailed in quite some time due to personal reasons and haven't sailed since they started putting drinks on sea passes.

I apologize if I offended anyone by simply asking so I can see that I won't be sharing my drinks and if I do, I'll certainly keep it to myself.

We are elite plus on Celebrity and thus we be diamond on our first cruise with Royal on the Oasis in June. We will be taking our 7 year old grandson with us and so will not be able to use the diamond lounge during the cocktail hours. Do I understand correctly, that Royal gives 3 drink coupons loaded on your sea card each day that could be used in addition to the use of the Lounge?? Sorry, if this has been asked before, as I am new to how Royal works things.

We are elite plus on Celebrity and thus we be diamond on our first cruise with Royal on the Oasis in June. We will be taking our 7 year old grandson with us and so will not be able to use the diamond lounge during the cocktail hours. Do I understand correctly, that Royal gives 3 drink coupons loaded on your sea card each day that could be used in addition to the use of the Lounge?? Sorry, if this has been asked before, as I am new to how Royal works things.

yes, you use the coupons on your Seapass between the hours of 5-8:30 at any bar. You cannot use them in restaurants or room service.

I tried searching RC to see if they stated the drink vouchers are for the exclusive use of the diamond member. I can't even find anything about the voucher. Maybe those who state its against the rules can find it on the RC site. I haven't cruised since they started that program so maybe it says something on board.

Either way, while I wouldn't share drinks from the unlimited package, I'm not sure that it's the same thing sharing drinks from my vouchers. Maybe because it's a finite number of drinks in a limited timeframe... The real question is am I feeling generous or do I want all the drinks for myself??!! 😉

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by cindivan

I tried searching RC to see if they stated the drink vouchers are for the exclusive use of the diamond member. I can't even find anything about the voucher. Maybe those who state its against the rules can find it on the RC site. I haven't cruised since they started that program so maybe it says something on board.

Either way, while I wouldn't share drinks from the unlimited package, I'm not sure that it's the same thing sharing drinks from my vouchers. Maybe because it's a finite number of drinks in a limited timeframe... The real question is am I feeling generous or do I want all the drinks for myself??!! 😉

6 The Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event is a benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club member and cannot be extended to include friends and family due to limited space. The event will take place approximately between the hours of 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm in a dedicated lounge and will feature complimentary wine, champagne (sparkling wine), fountain drinks, and a 'happy hour' discount of 25% off beer and drinks with liquor. Drinks will need to be consumed within the venue during the hours of the event and cannot be removed from the venue. On ships where a Diamond Lounge is available there will be no Nightly Special Diamond Event or complimentary Specialty coffees available in the dining room.

6 The Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event is a benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club member and cannot be extended to include friends and family due to limited space. The event will take place approximately between the hours of 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm in a dedicated lounge and will feature complimentary wine, champagne (sparkling wine), fountain drinks, and a 'happy hour' discount of 25% off beer and drinks with liquor. Drinks will need to be consumed within the venue during the hours of the event and cannot be removed from the venue. On ships where a Diamond Lounge is available there will be no Nightly Special Diamond Event or complimentary Specialty coffees available in the dining room.

Still nothing about the voucher usage though

"The Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event is a benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club member and cannot be extended to include friends and family" - Hopefully someone from RCI is monitoring these discussions and will update this long existing policy that has been exceedingly clear for years to include the word "VOUCHER" for those that insist on abusing the program.

The recent addition of vouchers in the past few months was intended to decrease the overcrowding conditions in the DL and CL. The intention of this change was not to give free drinks to the entire ship.

It never ceases to amaze me how a few always attempt to circumnavigate the rules 95% of us abide by. It is those same 5% that will complain the loudest if RCI discontinues all or part of this program due to abuse.

No need to get so upset. People have different opinions and until RC makes a clear statement I don't think anyone should say the rules say this or that based on their opinion of how they think it should be.

If I get on board and they tell me not to share I won't. No big deal. But I imagine I will make sure I use all thee every day even if it means ordering wine that I drink an hour or two later.

Edited by cindivan