Diamond and Up Drink Vouchers - List of Ships Using them

So, will we be able to use these at any bar on the ship, other than the dining rooms, ie Pool Bar, Crown and Castle, Centrum bars, etc? Between 5 and 8:30. Up to gratis drinks per day?

Sounds good to me.

One more thing...does RCI typically offer specials on laundry like we see on X. $20. for a bag?

Correct, 3 drinks per day. Royal has a wash & fold special for $30.

Ohhhh lovely!!

Thanks for the list MerionMom!

I wonder if we can still get champagne in the DL.

Cheryl

Yes, you can still get house champagne in the DL.

Rhonda, thanks for clarifying that it's 2 bottles per stateroom!

Cheryl

No problem. I often cruise solo and bring 2 bottles for myself.

I suggest carrying them onboard the ship, and expect that security will probably check them to make sure they are sealed and not hard liquor in a wine bottle.

I know someone who is on the Majesty right now, and he is enjoying the heck out of his vouchers! ;) :D

He posted the usual list, so Majesty has joined the rest of the world, er, fleet.!

drinklistmajestyaug14_zpsdfa9a2e2.jpg

Just to confirm, this picture was from the Majesty sailing? Also, does your friend say if they still had a Diamond Event in Viking Crown Lounge run like a Diamond Lounge where you didn't need to use vouchers? Thanks.

Correct, 3 drinks per day. Royal has a wash & fold special for $30.

Yes, you can still get house champagne in the DL.

Thanks Bob! My DD&SIL like to go to the champagne bar before dinner, so I can grab a glass of champagne in the DL and join them!

Cheryl

No problem. I often cruise solo and bring 2 bottles for myself.

I suggest carrying them onboard the ship, and expect that security will probably check them to make sure they are sealed and not hard liquor in a wine bottle.

So good to note! Yes, I'll be bringing red wine with corks and they will be well sealed! Thanks!

Cheryl

OK Help me out, I haven't been on the boards in the while.... what is this change?

I am diamond, almost plus , but have to admit, I've never been to the diamond lounge before.

We're usually doing activities as late as we can and dressing for dinner just before doors open.

Not to mention, e very time I've slipped by a diamond lounge it looked crazy crowded, too.

So, does this mean, I now get 2 free drinks a day anywhere I want on the ship?? Or what is the change?

OK Help me out, I haven't been on the boards in the while.... what is this change?

I am diamond, almost plus , but have to admit, I've never been to the diamond lounge before.

We're usually doing activities as late as we can and dressing for dinner just before doors open.

Not to mention, e very time I've slipped by a diamond lounge it looked crazy crowded, too.

So, does this mean, I now get 2 free drinks a day anywhere I want on the ship?? Or what is the change?

In addition to getting all the drinks you want in the DL, Royal is now giving you 3 vouchers per night, for drinks in any bar on the ship.

The vouchers are only valid during the time the DL is holding it's nightly cocktail hour. The vouchers expire every night, so cannot be accumulated. The drinks are limited to what you could normally get in the DL. You cannot use the vouchers for drinks in restaurants.

Edited by clarea

Thanks Bob!

I figured.

Diamond Lounge sounds awesome, I just avoid crowds and every time I've popped by its been crazy busy (obviously)

so on vacation, what's another $5.50 lol?

If we take a radiance class, like we're planning I'll try to get on there.

Although that sailing has all the suites sold out, so it may be a sailing heavy on the diamond & up folks.

Thanks Bob!

I figured.

Diamond Lounge sounds awesome, I just avoid crowds and every time I've popped by its been crazy busy (obviously)

so on vacation, what's another $5.50 lol?

If we take a radiance class, like we're planning I'll try to get on there.

Although that sailing has all the suites sold out, so it may be a sailing heavy on the diamond & up folks.

When we were on the Jewel in May the DL (Diamond Event) was quiet. Never more than 10 people there and often just 4 or 6 of us. I just depends on the sailing.

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

I'm home today from Majesty's 8/22 sailing. The vouchers were indeed loaded onto my seapass card. What was available with the vouchers varied greatly by bar, and even within each bar, depending on the server. A lot of confusion still. And the nightly event in the Viking Crown Lounge was not welcoming, to say the least! All of the aft elevators were out of service for the entire cruise. I had a cabin on Deck 9, so it was 5 flights of stairs. I went once and there were only a few people.

I'm home today from Majesty's 8/22 sailing. The vouchers were indeed loaded onto my seapass card. What was available with the vouchers varied greatly by bar, and even within each bar, depending on the server. A lot of confusion still. And the nightly event in the Viking Crown Lounge was not welcoming, to say the least! All of the aft elevators were out of service for the entire cruise. I had a cabin on Deck 9, so it was 5 flights of stairs. I went once and there were only a few people.

That's a little surprising after recent good reviews of Majesty and the vouchers. But maybe it was so new, and reports of using vouchers until midnight was not a flexibility intended and staff got in trouble and now are trying to crack down.

I would have guessed every bar had many of the "menus" printed up shown in the images in these links and they would be set or or readily available during the Diamond hours. Since they have emailed out to pax they are offering it, they need to have staff informed and pre-printed menus would help I'd think.

Will you be doing a review? Did they say anything about why the elevators were broken? Did the VKL run more like a DL than a DE? Was it only unwelcoming in that it was hard to get to b/c of elevators?

That's a little surprising after recent good reviews of Majesty and the vouchers. But maybe it was so new, and reports of using vouchers until midnight was not a flexibility intended and staff got in trouble and now are trying to crack down.

I would have guessed every bar had many of the "menus" printed up shown in the images in these links and they would be set or or readily available during the Diamond hours. Since they have emailed out to pax they are offering it, they need to have staff informed and pre-printed menus would help I'd think.

Will you be doing a review? Did they say anything about why the elevators were broken? Did the VKL run more like a DL than a DE? Was it only unwelcoming in that it was hard to get to b/c of elevators?

I will post more tomorrow, I've been up seen 5:00 AM.

I won't be doing a review. I have been having problems with my back, so didn't get to do most of the activities people would be interested in.

I asked to see the menu of what was included with the vouchers in the Schooner Bar, and they couldn't find it. Eventually they found it. On another night, I asked the waiter what I could get with the vouchers, he said what did I want? He would take care of his diamond people. I ordered a Cosmo. When that was finished I asked the next waiter for another and was told I couldn't have one with a voucher. He got one for me but it was wrung up as something else because it wasn't included.

Elevators weren't broken, just taken out of service. One was being used by Adventure Ocean staff and the art auction people, just not for paying cruisers. Oh, it was only 4 flights of stairs to VCL, I forgot there is no Deck 13. I didn't see any food offered in VCL.

Overall, it was a great cruise! Met some very interesting people, especially their majesties from Malaga, dressed in Spanish/Turkish garb?! Never could figure this out. They were in full costume, complete with headdress with feathers. Nice guys, very different and interesting! You just never know what kind of experience you will have on a cruise!

Hi all,

We sail next week on the Allure and have not received an e-mail stating that this program has started. I did read that Allure started in July on this thread. Has anyone sailed Allure since the rollout and what was your experience?

Thanks!

Do they work in the dining room? Since were usually at dinner at that time, could we just order wine by the glass with dinner?

The vouchers cannot be used in the dining room or the Windjammer. We just stopped by the DL and got a glass to go, and took it to dinner most nights on the Vision.

Do they work in the dining room? Since were usually at dinner at that time, could we just order wine by the glass with dinner?

Just stop by a bar on the way to the dining room.

Besides bars, the vouchers work in the theater.

Edited by clarea

I thought that I would start a thread where people can post which ships have moved to include drink vouchers loaded on Sea Pass cards in addition to the nightly Diamond and up event/lounge.

So please copy and paste the most current post with the list and add your Ship to the bottom. :D

How did a "list" end up with over 425 posts? I wasn't aware the fleet was so large. :confused:

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app