Diamond and Up Drink Vouchers - List of Ships Using them

The vouchers are in addition to the unlimited drinks in the DL/CL. The vouchers can be used in bars or the main theater. They cannot be used in restaurants. They are valid only during the normal cocktail hours of the DL/CL and they expire every night.

Didn't know that about the main theater. Now I won't mind leaving the CL to go see a show that I've seen before.:rolleyes:

Just "talked" to someone who is on the Brilliance right now.

No vouchers.

:)

That would be me ( Hi Carol )

As of July 27th the Brilliance was not on this new program. I asked about it and they were not sure when they would start it.

• 2 weeks later...
I received an email today announcing that drink vouchers will be pre-loaded onto my seapass card for Majesty's 8/22/2014 sailing.

Cheers!

have not received that email but will be interesting to see since we are on Majesty 2x in Oct. We love that Majesty has gone to a true Diamond Lounge. Last 2 cruises they had the comp cocktail hour plus food up in the Viking Crowne where they used to do the Diamond Event. Nice touch that they upgraded to a true Diamond/CL

have not received that email but will be interesting to see since we are on Majesty 2x in Oct. We love that Majesty has gone to a true Diamond Lounge. Last 2 cruises they had the comp cocktail hour plus food up in the Viking Crowne where they used to do the Diamond Event. Nice touch that they upgraded to a true Diamond/CL

Where is the "like" button? I haven't sailed on her in five years, so it will be interesting to see how she has changed.

Nice to see that the Majesty has added drink vouchers as Mystaken has stated. According to Karena1, the Majesty also has gone to a true DL/CL type format where it serves the same drniks and food as a regular DL/CL does. Has anyone experienced this on the Explorer or ships, since it seems like some ships without a regular DL are now doing instead of the Diamond Event. Thanks...

We are Diamond. Just booked Serenade for late Oct/14-our first RCI since 1998! Somehow the timing/pricing never worked out and we did many Celebrity cruises.

So, if I understand this correctly we will either get paper vouchers OR evouchers on our room keys for 3 free drinks each (we are both Diamond) in any of the lounges from 5-8 PM. This replaces the Diamond Lounge Cocktail Reception. Is this a correct read?

Second, are we permitted to bring a bottle of wine each on the ship without paying corkage? Is that the limit-one bottle each (8 day cruise)?

It is for our balcony. I understand that if we do BYOB to a public venue that we will pay corkage-no issue with that.

So, if I understand this correctly we will either get paper vouchers OR evouchers on our room keys for 3 free drinks each (we are both Diamond) in any of the lounges from 5-8 PM. This replaces the Diamond Lounge Cocktail Reception. Is this a correct read?

No more paper vouchers; 3 are loaded to your seapass card each day. This does NOT replace the Diamond Lounge Cocktail Reception. It's IN ADDITION to the DL and CL drinks.

Edited by pcur

Iancal - you may bring two bottles of wine onboard to your cabin and drink as you wish without a corkage fee. Once you bring it to the dining room, you may be charged a corking fee.

My teenagers are Dimond members too, will they have a problem at the bars getting soda with their sea pass cards?

Shouldn't have a problem. Be sure to have them tip the bar waiters when they order. Service can go downhill fast if the bar staff are not tipped, because they ARE getting tips for all the other orders that are not vouchered.

I received an email today announcing that drink vouchers will be pre-loaded onto my seapass card for Majesty's 8/22/2014 sailing.

Cheers!

I know someone who is on the Majesty right now, and he is enjoying the heck out of his vouchers! ;) :D

He posted the usual list, so Majesty has joined the rest of the world, er, fleet.!

drinklistmajestyaug14_zpsdfa9a2e2.jpg

Edited by Merion_Mom

I know someone who is on the Majesty right now, and he is enjoying the heck out of his vouchers! ;) :D

He posted the usual list, so Majesty has joined the rest of the world, er, fleet.!

drinklistmajestyaug14_zpsdfa9a2e2.jpg

Yeah!!! Great news! Thanks!

So, will we be able to use these at any bar on the ship, other than the dining rooms, ie Pool Bar, Crown and Castle, Centrum bars, etc? Between 5 and 8:30. Up to gratis drinks per day?

Sounds good to me.

One more thing...does RCI typically offer specials on laundry like we see on X. $20. for a bag?

Edited by iancal