Diamond and Up Drink Vouchers - List of Ships Using them

We are travelling with friends who don't have diamond status. It is unlikely that we will have three dinks each before 8.30 so can we use the vouchers to buy drinks for our friends? Has anyone else tried this?

You are not required to use all three. We have one drink each night either the lounge or with vouchers.

To answer the question - we have never tried it.

M

We are sailing on Splendour on Saturday, does anyone know if the vouchers are available on her? I never use the Diamond Lounge as my friend has not yet reached Diamond status but it would be nice to have a free glass of wine :)

Thanks for any information.

Clearly not the intention of the program. When benefits are abused the cruise line reduces or eliminates the program and all of us who abide by the regulations are punished. Your friends should either earn their own benefits or pay for their own drinks.

----------------------------------

Very well expressed! We are Elete members on Celebrity. Going on our first Royal Caribbean cruise on the 25th of Sept. and will enjoy the perks of Diamond. I think Royal went to comp drinks being put on cruise card instead of coupons, like Celebrity, in an attempt to curtail folks from giving their earned free drinks to the underserving. ABUSE, will have a negative toll on all of us!!

Since you have to present your seapass to each drink it would be trickier than you think to get drinks for others. And again as others have said an abuse of the program. I think the waitstaff might be alert to the possibility also and keep an eye out. They are pretty sharp. We had drinks in the bar outside the Diamond lounge on AOS and they knew us by name and what we liked it drink by the second night.

We are sailing on Splendour on Saturday, does anyone know if the vouchers are available on her? I never use the Diamond Lounge as my friend has not yet reached Diamond status but it would be nice to have a free glass of wine :)

Thanks for any information.

On the August 30th sailing, Splendour did not have vouchers. Even if you don't normally do so, stop by the Diamond Lounge anyway to see Daniele (concierge) and Fernanda (bar server). They're very nice.

• 3 weeks later...
Just off Liberty last week and they are using the pre-loaded drink vouchers as well as the diamond lounge.

I have been scanning all of the posts in this thread hoping to educate myself about Diamond status but I am totally confused. The best way to figure out what the deal would be by asking you, the educated consumer and obvious cruise veterans for guidance. I am Elite on Celebrity and know that I will be given Diamond Status on the Allure when we sail on November 2 (I was on the Oasis last October but never took advantage of the DL---that oversight won't be repeated...:p) Is there a difference between having the vouchers loaded onto your Seapass or going to the Diamond lounge? On Celebrity if they give you drink vouchers they do not open the Elite lounge. With pre-loaded daily vouchers can you order the free drinks only during 'Diamond lounge" hours? Is the DL open in addition? If so do they scan your sea pass card for each drink you order so they know you used it? I know these seem like silly questions to you but it is hard enough to walk into the lounge alone (my roommate is not Diamond) so the last thing I want to do is embarrass myself (although I will certainly do that anyway over the course of the week, however, that will be after the cocktails so I won't mind so much:D) Probably a little late to ask this question now but are the drink vouchers available on the Allure yet? How about the Liberty? I will be on their December 1st sailing. I won the slot machine tournament on the Oasis last year and I won a FREE cruise!!:p (I had no idea what I was doing. Beginners luck, I was excited by the free shirt and trophy when I looked in the envelope i almost passed out:eek:) I really want to take advantage of all the perks I missed out on last year. Thanks for any information you can share!

As I understand it, the Diamond Lounge will have happy hour from 5-8:30 AND you'll have 3 free drinks loaded on each seapass available during those same hours. You'll be able to get these drinks at all bars except for a few, main dining room for example.

I have been scanning all of the posts in this thread hoping to educate myself about Diamond status but I am totally confused. The best way to figure out what the deal would be by asking you, the educated consumer and obvious cruise veterans for guidance. I am Elite on Celebrity and know that I will be given Diamond Status on the Allure when we sail on November 2 (I was on the Oasis last October but never took advantage of the DL---that oversight won't be repeated...:p) Is there a difference between having the vouchers loaded onto your Seapass or going to the Diamond lounge? On Celebrity if they give you drink vouchers they do not open the Elite lounge. With pre-loaded daily vouchers can you order the free drinks only during 'Diamond lounge" hours? Is the DL open in addition? If so do they scan your sea pass card for each drink you order so they know you used it? I know these seem like silly questions to you but it is hard enough to walk into the lounge alone (my roommate is not Diamond) so the last thing I want to do is embarrass myself (although I will certainly do that anyway over the course of the week, however, that will be after the cocktails so I won't mind so much:D) Probably a little late to ask this question now but are the drink vouchers available on the Allure yet? How about the Liberty? I will be on their December 1st sailing. I won the slot machine tournament on the Oasis last year and I won a FREE cruise!!:p (I had no idea what I was doing. Beginners luck, I was excited by the free shirt and trophy when I looked in the envelope i almost passed out:eek:) I really want to take advantage of all the perks I missed out on last year. Thanks for any information you can share!

We were on the Grandeur when they rolled this out. We were allowed to use it at all of the bars (not the dining room but good in theatre). They swiped your sea pass for each drink. You could get any drink that was available in the CL ur DL with the addition of Baileys and one other beer. They had the list at every bar with the choices. You may still go to the lounges and/or the bars. It allows you to spend time with those who do not have access to the private lounges. The drinks will only be available during the time that the lounges are serving. If the ships happy hour is from 5-8:30 then at 8:30 your card will no longer work for the free ones. It is limited to 3 and each time you order they print out a receipt (allows for tipping). Hope this helps.

We were on the Grandeur when they rolled this out. We were allowed to use it at all of the bars (not the dining room but good in theatre). They swiped your sea pass for each drink. You could get any drink that was available in the CL ur DL with the addition of Baileys and one other beer. They had the list at every bar with the choices. You may still go to the lounges and/or the bars. It allows you to spend time with those who do not have access to the private lounges. The drinks will only be available during the time that the lounges are serving. If the ships happy hour is from 5-8:30 then at 8:30 your card will no longer work for the free ones. It is limited to 3 and each time you order they print out a receipt (allows for tipping). Hope this helps.

Thanks!! That helps a ton. I would tip $5 every night in the lounge when on Celebrity. After the first night the drinks would stack up faster than I could drink them. I finally had to ask them to stop at 2 unless I specifically request more. It would be alcohol abuse to leave it on the table untouched and that is just wrong.:D

I thought that I would start a thread where people can post which ships have moved to include drink vouchers loaded on Sea Pass cards in addition to the nightly Diamond and up event/lounge.

So please copy and paste the most current post with the list and add your Ship to the bottom. :D

Good idea.

As I understand it, the Diamond Lounge will have happy hour from 5-8:30 AND you'll have 3 free drinks loaded on each seapass available during those same hours. You'll be able to get these drinks at all bars except for a few, main dining room for example.

ok good to know.:)

I like to get a Bellini or two :D before dinner and then we have wine with dinner. Am I able to get a Bellini in the DL or with one of the new drink vouchers at one of the bars ?

We are new to being Diamond and I am trying to figure it all out. We are on the Vision in 2 weeks, the Explorer in Feb 2015 and the Radiance in Alaska in June 2015. Are the benefits the same on all the ships? Do all three of these ships have the DL?

Thanks for the info~

Trish

Wife was on Freedom 9/21 & 9/28. Was able to get frozen drinks. No problem in theatre, had to convince the pool bartender. Apparently no where on the in room card explaining the program does it exclude frozen drinks. That may not be the intent, but they should probably print new cards if that is what they are trying to convey. I would also add that my wife does not do CC and is not as in the know as some of us think we are. ;)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app