OS/GS on Liberty OTS - Question about private dining

Hi we are considering whether or not to book an OS or GS on Liberty.

Can anyone tell me if suite guests have the option of private dining for breakfast and lunch in Chops Grille? I thought I saw something about it on an older thread but wasn't sure if this was still going on after the recent "ship enhancements".

Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can anyone tell me if suite guests have the option of private dining for breakfast and lunch in Chops Grille? I thought I saw something about it on an older thread but wasn't sure if this was still going on after the recent "ship enhancements".

Thanks so much!

Chops was open for suite guests for both lunch and dinner on our recent Liberty cruise. Not sure if they had a separate menu or if it was just a place to sit with your meal from the WJ.

Haven't been on Liberty lately, but all the ships we have sailed in GS and OS have offered a cooked to order breakfast in Chops. Some ships have offered a limited lunch menu on sea days as well. Otherwise, lunch is bringing food from the WJ.

Thanks so much!

This is what it says online. Hope it helps

Full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining

Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurants on our Voyager and Freedom Class ships

When we did Navigator 2 months ago suite people had breakfast at Chops , also lunch on some days not all, lunch menu was very limited but you could get something from windjammer and bring it to chops to eat.

Thanks y'all!!

One of the reasons I'm asking is DS 12 is celiac so WJ will not be a safe option -- cross contamination risk too high. So we will need other options for breakfast and lunch. I just hate the thought of kinda being forced to eat in the room all the time and not out in the restaurants enjoying the ship.

We just sailed in the Haven on NCL and we LOVED having that private dining area for breakfast and lunch. I guess I was thinking the Chops thing was similar???

Edited by SouthernBelle_N_Louisiana

We sailed on the Liberty, in a GS, a few months ago

Breakfast and lunch seating in Chops for suite guests.

Breakfast had cook to order menu and lunch was carryin from the buffet

Our favorite perk was every meal, full menu room service, and enjoying it on our balcony

Are high tier like Pinnacle also invited to dine in Chops for breakfast and lunch?

Depends on the ship, but Pinnacle members are usually allowed to take part in most gold card events.

What about D+ , are they considered high up too?

Again, depends on the ship. Sometimes a ship will have a breakfast/lunch venue for D/D+, and sometimes it's just gold card holders.

Depends on the ship, but Pinnacle members are usually allowed to take part in most gold card events.

I thought Pinnacle automatically gets a gold card?

I thought Pinnacle automatically gets a gold card?

Yes, Pinnacle members do get a gold card, and while they get many of the perks that full suite guests do, they don't get everything. For example, Pinnacle members don't get to order off the MDR menu for room service.

Yes, Pinnacle members do get a gold card, and while they get many of the perks that full suite guests do, they don't get everything. For example, Pinnacle members don't get to order off the MDR menu for room service.

Oh OK

So that is a perk just limited to full suites. Glad we were able to enjoy it

Thanks

Southernbelle--DH is celiac and he is able to be accommodated in the MDR

with gluten free bread and pancakes at breakfast. The MDR also has a fruit/cereal bar and he loves starting his meal with a selection of fresh fruit.

We have toured the galley on a couple of the ships; they have a dedicated prep area for GF. The headwaiter at your dining table can bring you a menu each night for the next night, indicating which items can be prepared GF.

Ice cream, berries, and sherbet are always available for dessert.

If you are on a Freedom or Oasis class ship, they have gf pizza available.

The cupcake cupboard has fabulous gf cupcakes.

We have had good luck in the Windjammer asking to have a chef point out the GF option; Park café has great made to order salad, fruit, etc.

Eating gluten-free is easier now than when we first started regular cruising 8 years ago.

Hope this helps, Barb

What about D+ , are they considered high up too?
I was on the May 2014 Liberty TransAtlantic. D+ (and D) were allowed to eat in Portofino for breakfast and lunch. There were limited continental breakfast items on a table in Portofino, but no cooked-to-order (at least that I saw; I didn't eat there everyday). D+ did have access to the reserved theatre seating and were admitted to the Concierge (Suite) Happy Hour which, for the TA, was held in VCL.

Thom

We sailed on the Liberty, in a GS, a few months ago

Breakfast and lunch seating in Chops for suite guests.

Breakfast had cook to order menu and lunch was carryin from the buffet

Our favorite perk was every meal, full menu room service, and enjoying it on our balcony

Thank you for this first hand account from your recent Liberty cruise.

How big was the GS? Do you have any pics? I am really struggling with which one to book. I'm leaning OS but if the GS is sufficient for 3, I would be ok with that I think.

Thank you for this first hand account from your recent Liberty cruise.

How big was the GS? Do you have any pics? I am really struggling with which one to book. I'm leaning OS but if the GS is sufficient for 3, I would be ok with that I think.

Sorry I don't have any photos but there are plenty on google.

If you pull up the deck 10 plan, you can see the difference in sizes

The GS was more than large enough for the 2 of us

We usually try to cruise in a JS which we think is the perfect size for us, but it was a great price:D

I think with 3 there is still plenty of room

With a 3rd there is a couch

There is a drape that that can be pulled across the foot of the bed for a little privacy. So it seperates the bed from the rest of the cabin.

While we havnt stayed in a OS, have seen a few on cabin crawls

The OS is bigger and does have a dining table in the cabin with a bar against the wall. The GS has a peninsula bar and no dining table.

The GS had a table 4 chairs and 2 loungers on the Balcony

Hope this helps

Enjoy the Liberty we look forward to sailing her again