Princess Question on DD214

bolivar5599

We are sailing on the Caribbean Princess on August 28 and I need to send them my DD214 but, the address and form that Princess sent was for Australia and New Zealand. Does anybody know the correct procedure/address? Thank you so much!

We are sailing on the Caribbean Princess on August 28 and I need to send them my DD214 but, the address and form that Princess sent was for Australia and New Zealand. Does anybody know the correct procedure/address? Thank you so much!

I see you've got the answers you needed. You will not need to send it in for subsequent cruises.

Thank you so much for your service. Because of people like you we have the freedom to cruise the world.

I see you've got the answers you needed. You will not need to send it in for subsequent cruises.

Thank you so much for your service. Because of people like you we have the freedom to cruise the world.

You are most welcome. Have a great day.

Hi there, just want to clarify. My husband finally remembered to send his in before our last cruise, so he won't need to send it again? They keep it on file or something? (This would be a huge relief, since he totally forgot to do it on our first two and it took constant reminders to get it done in time for Alaska :/ )

Hi there, just want to clarify. My husband finally remembered to send his in before our last cruise, so he won't need to send it again? They keep it on file or something? (This would be a huge relief, since he totally forgot to do it on our first two and it took constant reminders to get it done in time for Alaska :/ )

They are supposed to make it a permanent part of his information. Once eligible, there is no question about future eligibility.

It is not like the stock OBC where you might no longer own the stock at the time of your next cruise and thus have to prove ownership each time.

Just wanted to let you know that when we faxed my husbands DD214 it was less then a week and it was already showing up as OBC on our cruise personalizer. Thought you might want to know how quickly they handle it. I was very impressed

Just wanted to let you know that when we faxed my husbands DD214 it was less then a week and it was already showing up as OBC on our cruise personalizer. Thought you might want to know how quickly they handle it. I was very impressed

Yes, after doing this for "a couple of years", Princess has gotten pretty good about a) processing the DD214, and b) keeping this info included with one's file. In the beginning I had to send in a copy of my 214 for each cruise.

I wanted to let you all know that I sent the information on Sunday morning 6-22 and the credit was in place Monday morning 6-23. That is SERVICE! I am very impressed with that and needed to let people know that Military Service is still appreciated by Princess and they put their money where their collective mouth is! Thank you Princess, you have my gratitude.

I wanted to let you all know that I sent the information on Sunday morning 6-22 and the credit was in place Monday morning 6-23. That is SERVICE! I am very impressed with that and needed to let people know that Military Service is still appreciated by Princess and they put their money where their collective mouth is! Thank you Princess, you have my gratitude.

DITTO!!! Only Princess honors our veterans this way.

I'm aware that Princess is doing a better job keeping track of military service eligibility. Just a head's up though. We just booked our 4th and 5th cruises since December 2012 and I've been required to send my documentation each time. It's not a big deal for me but be sure to confirm military service OBC in "My Princess" prior to sailing. I appreciate this benefit from Princess and if I have to fax proof each time, I won't mind a bit.

I'm aware that Princess is doing a better job keeping track of military service eligibility. Just a head's up though. We just booked our 4th and 5th cruises since December 2012 and I've been required to send my documentation each time. It's not a big deal for me but be sure to confirm military service OBC in "My Princess" prior to sailing. I appreciate this benefit from Princess and if I have to fax proof each time, I won't mind a bit.

There must be some inconsistency with who-ever at Princess processes these military benefit submissions. My travel agent sent mine application in once in 2011 and it has automatically shown up on every booking I have made since that time and that amounts to more than a dozen bookings. I wonder if using a travel agent makes any difference??????

There must be some inconsistency with who-ever at Princess processes these military benefit submissions. My travel agent sent mine application in once in 2011 and it has automatically shown up on every booking I have made since that time and that amounts to more than a dozen bookings. I wonder if using a travel agent makes any difference??????

Nope! We book on our own and don't have to send it in each time. Can't understand why it is permanent for some and not for others:confused:

Princess is always so consistent:rolleyes:

DITTO!!! Only Princess honors our veterans this way.

Actually is is not just Princess. Princess and Cunard share the same database and we were surprised to see that our Military OBC automatically showed up immediately after booking a Cunard cruise.

DH and I are both qualified veterans so the combined OBC we receive is significant, resulting in our sailing pretty much exclusively Princess and Cunard. We thought before we retired that we would also sail HAL, but when they changed their wine policy that pretty much ended that relationship.

Edited by PunkiC