11:20 am Flight from Miami

samzing

Will we be ok with an 11:30 am flight out of Miami? Ship due in port at 8. Thanks.

If you can do walk off, grab a cab and get to MIA asap you should have no problem. I do it all the time, but I have VIP status with an airline and can go on expedited lines.

Could be tight. Getting to the airpot shouldn't be an issue....BUT.....depending on time of year and day of the week you won't be the only ship in port (as well as the boats in Ft. Lauderdale) there could be looooooooong lines for airline check in and security. (plus toss in all the folks doing land vacations in the Caribean/south/Central America flying in that morning and having to reclear security as well.)

Could be tight. Getting to the airpot shouldn't be an issue....BUT.....depending on time of year and day of the week you won't be the only ship in port (as well as the boats in Ft. Lauderdale) there could be looooooooong lines for airline check in and security. (plus toss in all the folks doing land vacations in the Caribean/south/Central America flying in that morning and having to reclear security as well.)

I'd preprint the boarding passes, drop your luggage with the porter outside & just cruise right up to TSA.

I'd preprint the boarding passes, drop your luggage with the porter outside & just cruise right up to TSA.

Where are you going to pre print them at? I use mobile passes (AA and UA smart phone apps), have TSA pre-check and "priority access" for both airlines and still the lines at security and be a major PITA on a Sat/Sun late morning.

I've done two recent cruises out of Miami and even with a #22 tag we were off the ship before 9:45 and we took our time. You can go to the front desk and ask the for a earlier lower number tag so you can get off even earlier.

We got off the Glory on June 6th. They did not let ANYONE off until 9:30 and then we did not get off until 11 something with assisted debark.

The problem was that there were 4 foreign passengers who needed to be found and presented to Customs for them to release the boat. We kept hearing over the loud speakersa that they were trying to find these 4 passengers and asked the to go to the xxx lounge to meet customs.

I suspect that these 4 passengers caused many people to miss their flights and I'll bet they didn't let new passengers on until after noon.

If everything goes perfect, you will be okay.. but if there are delays, such as weather, customs issues with other passengers, etc etc... it may be too early. I have been at the airport as early as 9:00 and as late as noon... even with priority debark... personally, I would never book before noon. The security lines at the airport can get pretty long...

We have an 11:20 out of Miami coming off the Breeze on July 5th. Probably going to do self assist to get off. Never done that before. It is me and my kids (11 & 10). Should I be worried about going down stairs with suitcases or just get up early, take the elevator and head to wherever they let us off? Planning on packing one suitcase for them to manage that they can carry down stairs if necessary and me with a slightly larger one. Also planning on finding a porter (with a nice tip) to get us in a cab quickly. The flight is only 10 mins earlier than the recommendation so I figure we will be okay.

I am thinking you should be FINE!

We are getting off in Miami, and have a 10:55 out of FLL:eek::eek:

Just get of EARLY, and you should be good.

Good Luck!!!!:D:D

Good luck with that.:) Hopefully, all goes smooth for you... last year we did not make it off the ship until 9:45 due to a customs issue. And then you have a 40-45 minute drive to FLL. And then you have security lines... make sure you do pre-check in if possible...