Premium vs. Ultimate drink package

Clarea thank you!!! I could get my money's worth on the Premium Package just with Chai Teas ;)

I didn't realize that Starbucks was served on every ship if that menu is the same thats on Navigator Father and I will be thrilled! :D

I believe that some ships serve Seattle's Best coffee.

How do things like red bull work with the packages? I thought I remember seeing them mentioned when the packages first came out, but there is nothing about them on there now.

Speaking of which, what do the ships carry as far as energy drinks go? I like to have a monster absolute zero in the morning, but I'm sure I'm not lucky enough for those to be carried on the ship. lol

My husband and I just got off the Freedom yesterday. He opted for the ultimate package because he really enjoys fresh squeezed orange juice. I got the premium because I didn't think I would drink enough fresh squeezed OJ and premium coffee to make up for the $10/day. We both were EXTREMELY happy with the packages and with everything that is included. Everything is the same for both except the OJ and "premium" coffee....like lattes and espresso. I am an avid coffee drinker but was just fine sticking with regular coffee.

Since there is so much debate about the worth of the drink packages, we saved all of our receipts. We had over 200 drinks between the two of us for the week (including bottles of water to bring back to the stateroom!), and at an average of about $7/drink, we definitely got our money's worth (I am 27 and he is 30...maybe a little more than average drinkers, but not drunks icon7.gif). Hope that helps!

ps. He often got Red Bull and Red Bull vodkas, and they were included. I don't recall seeing Monster, but we didn't ask about it either.

Edited by Klaus120

This is from Enchantment:

Enchantment_Cafe_Latte-Tudes.JPG

Ewww! Are all Latitudes made with "Starbucks" coffee? I see the symbol on this menu right there. That's very disappointing. I was hoping that since most ships actually have a Starbucks kiosk, Latitudes would be something different. Why not just call it a Starbucks? Very confusing.

Ewww! Are all Latitudes made with "Starbucks" coffee? I see the symbol on this menu right there. That's very disappointing. I was hoping that since most ships actually have a Starbucks kiosk, Latitudes would be something different. Why not just call it a Starbucks? Very confusing.

Only 2 ships have a Starbucks kiosk, Oasis and Allure. The other 19 have Cafe Promenade or Cafe Latte-Tudes.

Yes, I believe cider is included. I think the limit for included beer was under $6. Specialty beers in the pub like Guinness and Boddington are not included. The menus (which you can google images of) show what is not included with an astrix by it...and you can always ask bartender. You don't have to purchase the package before you board, so if you have a lot of questions you want answered, wait until you can go to the bar and talk to a bartender.

It was hinted to me to get one package and share with my hubby and kids. I'm not paying 100 a person

I understand that they are policing that fairly strictly by using the photo on your seapass.

D

I had the premium package early this month on Serenade, and it was great. I'm sure most of the martinis I was drinking were over the $10 limit, but they didn't seem to care. I looked at the Ultimate, but decided I wouldn't drink enough speciality coffee's of OJ's to make it worthwhile. I'll be buying it again for my transatlantic in October. On a sea-day it's very easy to get your money's worth. A couple of beers by the pool, a martini or two before dinner, wine with dinner and cocktails after dinner. No problem! Port days were more of a challenge, but I rose to it :D

The difference is easy to figure out.

Premium plan = full alcohol offering on the ship (all alcoholic drinks up to $10, you pay the difference per drink if you go over)

Ultimate plan = Premium Plan + Gourmet Coffee, gourmet tea, sparkling water and fresh squeezed OJ

My DH and I both had the premium packages and liked it. We still had to pay for our Starbucks coffee ($9 for both and not that great) DH got a coffee drink in Chops one night and had to pay for it. He also had to pay $2 for each special tableside margarita he had at Sabor, but there were plenty other options if you didn't want to do that. We also had lots of bottled water and would save the empty bottles to fill with regular water to carry in our pool bag so we could cool off on the deck. The only time we had to sign anything was in the Promenade. We heard sometimes they would print tickets for you to sign trying to get extra tip, but that never happened to us. I am a martini drinker and my DH like Basil Hayden or Bookers over ice. We got our money's worth for sure. Walk up, order, show your cards, get a drink and on our way. We stopped back by and tipped our favorite bartenders at the end of the cruise. It felt like they were working harder for less and we wanted to say thanks. We ordered our packages in advance and 2 drink cups were waiting in our stateroom when we arrived. Frozen drinks last a lot longer on the hot pool deck in them. We really didn't know what to expect from all of the comments for/against packages but would do it again. I heard Patron wasn't included but we didn't have any problem. The only thing I ever saw with a "not included" * was Fosters beer. It was all very easy.

Just to clarify, with the ultimate package, can one get starbucks, or, just specialty coffees elsewhere?

No package works at the Starbucks kiosks on Oasis and Allure.

However, the Replenish and Ultimate packages work at other venues where they might use Starbucks brand coffee beans.