WWYD? Interior porthole or interior midship?

jenifferf00

Hello,

Planning way in advance for our 10th anniversary and booked a 2016 cruise. Right now we're booked with an interior room deck 2 midship on the Splendor. I orginally booked a porthole interior forward on deck 2, but midship is considered an upgrade. I'm thinking I would like the porthole more than being midship. This will be our 2nd Carnival cruise together, and 1st time for either of us in an inside room. I'm thinking a glimpse of daylight is going to be worth more to me than a few extra steps to get where I'm going. Opinions please!

We've been in both types of cabins - porthole and interior midship. They both have their pros and cons. We enjoy being able to have the light in the cabin but also like being closer to the action. It just depends on your personal taste and what you want. We would book either one of them again - just depends on what kind of mood we are in when we book.

Sorry if I didn't help much with your decision. :confused:

I would do the porthole but that is just me. I cannot keep track of time in the interior rooms. I have woken up at 1:50 am thinking it was 6 am and showered, got dressed and went out to find out a BIG Surprise! :p At least with port holes you can see if it is day, night, sunny, or raining

Add me to the port hole count.g

Althought just a warning, you can hear some pretty loud wave slapping staying in the porthole rooms if you run into rough weather.

But over all, I'd still take porthole, can't beat semi window/ocean view for interior price.

Hello,

Planning way in advance for our 10th anniversary and booked a 2016 cruise. Right now we're booked with an interior room deck 2 midship on the Splendor. I orginally booked a porthole interior forward on deck 2, but midship is considered an upgrade. I'm thinking I would like the porthole more than being midship. This will be our 2nd Carnival cruise together, and 1st time for either of us in an inside room. I'm thinking a glimpse of daylight is going to be worth more to me than a few extra steps to get where I'm going. Opinions please!

I book a porthole when cruising solo but most of them have beds that cannot be joined together, so it would not be my choice of room for a romantic anniversary cruise.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Ended up switching to the porthole room. Not only will we get some light, but it also has a couch vs, just a desk with a chair. So to me the light and extra room are worth the few extra steps. My fitbit will appreciate the extra steps anyway! Thanks for all the replies, just needed some validation in my way of thinking.

I book a porthole when cruising solo but most of them have beds that cannot be joined together, so it would not be my choice of room for a romantic anniversary cruise.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Per the description this one can be made into a king bed, and I dble checked my reservation request which still says king; but yeah otherwise that would be a deal breaker!

I always book a year in advance simply because the porthole rooms sell out quickly. Why? The best cabin! I love them and they are a great value. Plus the large shelf by the windows stores a whole weeks worth of my towel family! If a porthole is available, I always book it!

on Magic for Aug 2015! I hope I will be happy about it. The room configuration showed the beds actually made into a king! and looked bigger than the other interior rooms. I sure hope so. Supposedly our room also has a couch and table which I really like. All the other interior rooms did not and only had a chair and desk. I like having a little extra room AND the sofa to sit on makes it nice to have a place to sit without it being the bed!

Ended up switching to the porthole room. Not only will we get some light, but it also has a couch vs, just a desk with a chair. So to me the light and extra room are worth the few extra steps. My fitbit will appreciate the extra steps anyway! Thanks for all the replies, just needed some validation in my way of thinking.

Definitely porthole. Some people may not like the sound of waves hitting the front of the ship. Some people may not like having a little more motion. But the sounds & motion are consistent, so it actually can help many people go to sleep. But for those bothered by that prospect, they should do the midship interior. I love the porthole rooms. Much much much much much larger room than the regular interiors, plus sunlight.

Someone mentioned it, so I'll just point out that the rooms labeled simply as "porthole" rooms will always have 2 standard beds that can be pushed together to make a king. The ones that don't have that are category 1As with portholes, or "Upper/Lower (with portholes)". It's not hard to tell the difference, but some people who don't look closely enough can get confused. Upper/lowers are always cheaper than the "Portholes".

Porthole room for sure. We stayed in an interior room on a 10 day Alaskan cruise for our honeymoon and by day 2 we both realized we made a mistake (about the room not the wedding!) Not having the natural light was a killer for both of us and I don't think we would ever go interior again

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I also would take the porthole room.

I dont mind interior cabins, but given a choice I will always go with the porthole. You can feel the ship's motion a little more up front of the ship, but it was never a problem for me. Not a great view through those portholes, but it is great for some natural daylight, and you can see if you are close to land etc.

You will hear the anchor early in the mornings coming into port, but only for a short time, also can hear the waves hitting the bow of the ship at night, but again, since I knew what the noise was, it didnt bother me and I only heard it a couple of nights out of 7.

Still I prefer the porthole room over an interior.

Have a great anniversay cruise.:)

This topic is really helpful. My husband will be booking our third carnival cruise. He wants an interior on deck 6 or 7, I want a porthole because i would like natural light in our room instead of it being pitch black like our last cruise.