Sake in the Tamarind?

RandyinDEN

There is a sake list and I have read that it's about $11 for a small carafe of decent quality sake. Sadly, I have no idea what the person writing the review meant by "good quality" or "small carafe." (Fortunately, I know what eleven dollars is, so I have that going for me.) ;)

There's also a list a "Saketinis." Sorry for being vague and somewhat, but not very helpful.

We had sake on the Eurodam. It came in a small-ish white porcelain carafe but don't remember the cost. We never had sake before so we wanted to give it a try. We ordered (or should I say the waitress suggested) a warm peach sake. It was awful. Either that or we just don't like sake!!

Yes

You can buy Saki in both the Silk Den and Tamarind Restaurants on the Nieuw Amsterdam and Eurodam (only ships that have the Silk Den and Tamarind).

I used to have the prices -- but since neither of us drink Saki anymore -- I do not have any new prices even though we were just on the Nieuw Amsterdam in March/April.

Those beverage geniuses at HAL Seattle have already proven that they know very little about wine.

Now they are proving they know even less about Japanese Sake.

The brands they offer are made in the USA - with American table rice.

That's the equivalent of making wine with table grapes. It doesn't work so well.

My Japanese friends would not even cook with the Sake brands they serve - much less drink that swill.

Only tourists drink hot Sake. The heat covers the bad taste.

We were on the Eurodam last December, and totally enjoyed our experience in the Tamarind, especially the gracious staff. I told the wine steward I wanted to try Sake, and would go with his suggestion, as long as it was on the dry side. If I remember correctly, the cost was approximately eleven or twelve dollars. I'm certainly no wine snob, but enjoyed it very much!!

Those beverage geniuses at HAL Seattle have already proven that they know very little about wine.

Now they are proving they know even less about Japanese Sake.

The brands they offer are made in the USA - with American table rice.

That's the equivalent of making wine with table grapes. It doesn't work so well.

My Japanese friends would not even cook with the Sake brands they serve - much less drink that swill.

Only tourists drink hot Sake. The heat covers the bad taste.

LOL, too funny but sadly also correct.