Royal retreat pool cabanas

Potstech

Are the cabanas at the Retreat pool really worth what they are asking for? Are there plenty of other open loungers there?

Personally, I think they are ridiculous and take up so much space. I was on the TA last year and never once saw anyone in one. If they wanted someplace else to sit, it seemed they paid and took the Sanctuary. I hope they go away in the future. Alice

They have apparently mounted glass shields to address that issue..

As to value, that's a personal decision...

I have read a couple of comments. One poster said it was so windy they were unable to use it many times. :)

They have apparently mounted glass shields to address that issue..

As to value, that's a personal decision...

Really? That is good news. Where did your read that? :) I know they did that in the sanctuary.

Edited by janetz

Are the cabanas at the Retreat pool really worth what they are asking for? Are there plenty of other open loungers there?

There are 6 cabanas at the Retreat pool. There are plenty of free loungers to use. :) There are pictures to see in my Review posted in my signature.

Really? That is good news. Where did your read that? :) I know they did that in the sanctuary.
There were glass shields in the Sanctuary to start with. Did they add more? I know that wind breakers for the Retreat Pool area were added on the Regal but don't remember that being done for the Royal. Maybe I just missed it.

Personally, I'd book the Sanctuary before booking a cabana at the Retreat pool for several reasons:

1. The Sanctuary is cheaper at $80/day or $40/half-day per couple. The Retreat cabana is $100/day or $50/half-day.

2. The loungers are the same but in the Sanctuary you'll have attendants to bring you drinks and food, an iced towel if it's hot, blankets if it's cold.

3. Much windier at the Retreat pool than in the Sanctuary.

4. No privacy in the cabana at the Retreat pool. Much quieter and secluded in the Sanctuary.

I'd consider the Retreat Pool cabana only if there were no loungers available in the Sanctuary.

So is there no longer a discount on either the cabanas or the Sanctuary if you book the spot for the whole cruise? I don't remember paying that much on the Coral for the Sanctuary last year, and we did the full 14 days...
Don't know the pricing for the Retreat Cabana other than $50/half day. The Sanctuary prices were doubled in February. :(They are now $20/pp/half-day, $40/pp/day, $30/pp/day if you book for the whole cruise.