Does 8:30 dining time hinder seeing shows?

Thoth

YAH!! I received my documents today. The last 2 years, there have been 2 dining times and I have been late dining at 8 with just enough time for the show at 10. The documents say I'll dine at 8:30. Does anyone know how these 4 sittings effect show times?

On the Maasdam, the 2nd show started at 10:15. We had the 8 o'clock sitting for dinner, and were almost always out by 9:30 - service was terrific. I don't think you'll have a problem making the shows.

I would imagine it depends upon the size of one's table as to how fast one finishes. I've usually been at a table for 8 -- sometimes we'd only have 6 at that table, though -- and we've almost always gotten finished with plenty of time to get to the other side of the ship and the show. I hope this doesn't change with the new dinner times.

Greg+

Maasdam: Western Caribbean Cruise Pictures

Volendam: Wayfarer Cruise Pictures and Video

Statendam: Hawaii Cruise Pictures and Video

Volendam: Alaska Inside Passage Cruise Pictures

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0924ff&cdt=2004;09;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Until Departure on the MS Zaandam, Panama Canal

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

i am sure that the late sitting will be finished in time for the shows in always taking late sitting the service has been great and the dining room staff is aware of the time of the shows so i don't think you will have a problem, with our group we are usualy have such a great time at dinner we never leave the dining room before 10-10:15 but that is our choice. we have had the dining staff quietily remind us of the time but they don't rush you out.

icon_wink.gif Show times

Our May 9th cruise on the Maasdam was the first time hat this ship used the new dining times.

Some people who ate at 8:30 said that service was so slow and they were not able to make the shows.

Remember that the lower level of the dining room has more people to serve.

Hopefully this problem has been solved.

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

On the Rotterdam we had the 8:30 pm dinner. I found this to be fine to see the show. I didn't much care for the 8:30 dinner, I didn't think 15 minutes could make that much of a difference, but it did (we normally always get the 8:15 dinner). But as far as the shows go, you should have enough time to get there.

Billhaha, if you are eating in the lower dining room, this dining time is always the later time. So if you have first seating for dinner and you are downstairs, you will have the 6:15 pm dinner, if you are upstairs you will have the 5:45 pm dinner. The second seating, downstairs is 8:30 pm and upstairs is the 8 pm dinner. Hope this helps you.

YES! It did for us!

We were on the O in May and had the 8:30 dining time. Althouh we are usually pretty "late" people at home, we HATED it! Our service was terribly slow and we were not getting out of the dining room until after 10:30. We missed the shows every time we ate in the dining room. There are other activities to consider as well. The American Idol style singing contest (I think it was called Superstar) took place during our dinner hour, happy hour (half-price drinks) was during our dinner hour. There were many activities between 8:00 and 10:00 that early diners could attend, late diners missed.

On the Rotterdam, the show for the 2nd seating guests didn't start until 11 pm. On our cruise, we found many people not eating at 8:30 with us, probably opting for the Lido, so our service was excellent.

icon_wink.gif Maasdam

We had the 5:45 dinner time. Cocktail hour didn't start until 5:15. We stopped in the first night at the Ocean Bar. By the time we ordered drinks, got them served and they brought out the appetizers, it was time to go to dinner. Those who ate at 6:15 got to enjoy cocktails and mucis. There weren't any half price drinks. Because of the time element we never went back.

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

On our May 29 Maasdam we ate at the Upper 8:00 seating. I did hear a lot of complaints from the later group that said that they had to sit way back or couldn't find good seats as our group got there first.

On our recent Zaandam cruise.....Panama Canal......after about 10 days they changed the late show to a pre dinner show for late DR guests, 6.45pm, they also served cocktails and Hors D`oevres during the show, so pax could get both cocktail hour and a show at the same time. It stayed like this for the rest of the trip....jean

Guess what CruiseDeamer28? I'm on the Oosterdam as well! Let's just hope that they have the service problems worked out by July 24! I could alway go back to my travel agent and get my time changed, but since "main lower" is printed on my ticket booklet, I'm afaid that making changes could create problems. It looks like perhaps the worst thing would be that i'll be on the upper levels at the shows with the other 8:30 diners. As long I get to see the shows, no problem.

Archived