Solstice veranda,what should expect

Ballard67

Veranda 6th deck, the solstice. We are going on the solstice on the 29th of Aug. First time In a Veranda on the Solstice, first time on a cruise period. How does it differ from inside state rooms?, from the top of the line rooms.

Veranda 6th deck, the solstice. We are going on the solstice on the 29th of Aug. First time In a Veranda on the Solstice, first time on a cruise period. How does it differ from inside state rooms?, from the top of the line rooms.

Hi, welcome to the world of cruising:) First cruise...awesome:D

Well, some of the balconies on deck 6 have obstructed views. Some

of the balconies have lifeboats as the obstruction. Depends on

what cabin you booked.

How does the cabin differ from an inside? It is the same size but

you have a balcony;).....the top of the line cabins? Well, they

are suites and are much larger, are much more expensive and have

Butlers, along with cabin attendants.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise! Enjoy Alaska...it is beautiful:)

Edited by Lois R

Verandah rooms are great. They are not as nice as the top of the line rooms, of course, but being able to open the door and have fresh air is great. It is also wonderful having breakfast on the balcony. An inside room has no window at all, so it is always dark without any lights on, a room with a window is better, but you are not able to open it or get any fresh air. The verandah is the way to go, if your budget will allow it and not allow a Suite. Enjoy

Hay thanks:D, the info was great. The answer,,,"Well, some of the balconies on deck 6 have obstructed views. Some

what cabin you booked".

When my Wifes parents book this trip(this is there second) they pacifically wanted a boat, a cruise with a obstruction free view. So that( at least i hope LOL) will not be a problem,,thank you. Whats the opinion for getting from deck to deck,the elevator. There seems to be a lot of people

Hay thanks:D, the info was great. The answer,,,"Well, some of the balconies on deck 6 have obstructed views. Some

what cabin you booked".

When my Wifes parents book this trip(this is there second) they pacifically wanted a boat, a cruise with a obstruction free view. So that( at least i hope LOL) will not be a problem,,thank you. Whats the opinion for getting from deck to deck,the elevator. There seems to be a lot of people

Deck 6 has SIX cabin categories!

Sunset Verandas (SVs), Sky Suite 1s, 1As & 2Bs are UNobstructed.

2Cs have lifeboats below that come to the bottom of the veranda.

2Ds have lifeboats below that come to the top of the veranda rail.

Check out the deck plans on the Celebrity website to find your cabin and also check out the sticky at the top of this forum that provides more info about specific S-class cabins.

Until you get the FV cabins and suites all of the veranda cabins on board are the same size and layout. Only difference is location and a small number on the angled side of the "humps" which have slightly larger verandas. Also Aqua Class cabins have a couple differences in the bathroom fixtures and CC and Aqua Class have small footstools on the veranda and slightly upgraded towels and linens.

Getting from deck to deck isn't usually a problem although elevators do get busy sometimes. There have been rare times when the fastest way to get an elevator going down is to get on one going up as all the elevators going down are full - but this is not the norm and at most times you'll have no issue. If you are able bodied then you'll find that using the stairs for a level or two is easier and faster. Deck 6 is the lowest veranda deck so closest to the decks with most lounges, the dining rooms, shops and many other public areas so it is very convenient to quickly go down a flight of stairs or two to these areas.

Edited by Lsimon

Check out the link below, it has a spreadsheet with the different cabins. You may be able to determine what if any obstruction you will have.

I am on the same cruise as you, any other questions please ask, never been to Alaska but lots of Celebrity cruises.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

The elevators will be crowded when everyone is trying to use them at the same time. This occurs after the muster drill, when a show ends, close to eating time, embarkation and debarkation.

Suites are larger and have more perks, depends on how deep your pockets are, plus what you feel is worth paying for.

Personally I cannot justify paying 5 to 6 times more for a larger cabin, many do as those cabins get booked.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thanks, Its funny I thought the 6th,being in about the middle would be kind of the bummer LOL. So it sounds pretty good. I would of thought that the restaurants shops would of been near the top, Interesting, Do you load onto the deck 5?.

Thanks, Its funny I thought the 6th,being in about the middle would be kind of the bummer LOL. So it sounds pretty good. I would of thought that the restaurants shops would of been near the top, Interesting, Do you load onto the deck 5?.

The Specialty Restaurants are all on deck 5.....all the way AFT.

So they are at the back of the ship....not the front;)