Laundry Service on 12 Night

Hi all,

Heading on a 12 night Baltics in a month. Trying to debate on whether to pack lighter and do laundry (will have a few days pre and post cruise in Europe). Normally I travel to Europe with only a carry on and find laundry services wherever I am....but don't really have that luxury on a cruise (and don't want to pay the per piece laundry prices). However, for this cruise I'm contemplating a bigger suitcase so I have room for all the crap I'm sure to buy in Russia.

Does anyone know what night they put out the laundry bag special on a 12 nighter?

Is the bag price only valid on that one day? Or can you stuff it full on any other days for a higher price (I.e., not paying per piece)?

We've done this on 7 day cruises, but this is our first longer cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by seaofwonder

Mention the laundry bag special to your stateroom attendant. You may be able to get it whenever you like. We've had it offered to us that way.

I've never heard of the bag being other than the standard charge, which I believe is up to $30 now.

The only allow certain items, such as socks, underwear, t-shirts, shorts, etc.

On my last 14-night TA cruise, the laundry bag special was offered only once, on day 11...to be returned on day 13 in the afternoon! I asked my room steward about the laundry special early in the cruise and was told she didn't know when it would be offered. We spent four days pre-cruise in Barcelona so had no choice but to have laundry done at the piece price.

Now, we love most everything about our RCI cruises and had an great time on this TA. But, if they are going to offer the laundry bag special, it should not be timed as it was on this Navigator cruise. No, I did not ask guest services about it...it wasn't that big of a deal.

Thanks all! I've found it to be Inconsistent on 7 day cruises.

I think I'll overpack a bit and not count on it being until day 7-8.

I've had pretty good luck with them washing everything we've thrown in :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wash and fold bag day is one of life's little mysteries on RCI. Every ship is different, and you often have to remind your cabin attendant. You also need to plan for an additional 36 hours for them to perform the service.

Was just on Independence of the Seas 14-night Italian Med Cruise (14 June sailing) and we were offered the Laundry Bag Special ($30) on Day 3 in the Cruise Compass. We didn't have enough laundry at that point so we waited until I had a comparable bag full of underwear, socks, and t-shirts and then phoned our stateroom attendant. He came down a few minutes later with the bag and we filled in the paperwork, filled up the bag, and about 36hours later our clothes were returned cleaned and folded perfectly. It was wonderful! Thanks for the advice all!

Actually one of the secrets is you can ask your cabin attendant for the wash and fold special on any day of your cruise. :) We have yet to be turned down.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Not true as I was turned down on the Rhapsody Sydney Hawaii Vancouver repo cruise this spring. The $30 Laundry bag with the Free D+ coupon would only be done on wash & fold day.

Thanks all! I've found it to be Inconsistent on 7 day cruises.

I think I'll overpack a bit and not count on it being until day 7-8.

I've had pretty good luck with them washing everything we've thrown in :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do they still offer the bag special on a 7-night? We've never had any trouble with what we've had them launder for us in the past, but we pretty much limit it to cotton shorts, tee shirts and my husband's dress shirt for formal night. We've also never had any trouble with turn-around time.

Back last weekend from 11 day Baltics on Legend. The bag special was offered on day 7 (just been through the Compasses to find it).

I was on the same cruise (hi Linda!), and we did Wash and Fold on day 5 or 6 - we just asked our steward and he brought us the bag.

I was on the same cruise (hi Linda!), and we did Wash and Fold on day 5 or 6 - we just asked our steward and he brought us the bag.

Hi Camille!! Whilst it did appear in the Compass I'd completely forgotten about it! Lol. My room steward never offered it.... barely saw him.