I did it!!!!!

runner2013

Just booked my very first Solo cruise Jan 30th 2015 on Majesty of the Seas. Flying out a day early and staying a day later to extend the trip and keep myself away from the New England cold as long as possible.

Picked a short cruise just in case I don't like it. (but something tells me I'm not going to have to worry about that)

Can't believe I finally did it after weeks of stalking these boards for advice and opinions about everything I could think of.

Yay me :p

Just booked my very first Solo cruise Jan 30th 2015 on Majesty of the Seas. Flying out a day early and staying a day later to extend the trip and keep myself away from the New England cold as long as possible.

Picked a short cruise just in case I don't like it. (but something tells me I'm not going to have to worry about that)

Can't believe I finally did it after weeks of stalking these boards for advice and opinions about everything I could think of.

Yay me :p

Good for you! If this coming winter is like last years, you'll be glad you're sailing. I'm spending about 1/2 of January in Playa del Carmen and 1/2 of February in Panama on land vacays. Hate NY winters!

I bet you like it!

I booked my first solo cruise for next July to Alaska and I hope I enjoy it. I have whale watching and bear viewing scheduled in 2 of the ports already so I don't think I will have time to think about being alone.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by LEtue

good for you!

I travel solo the majority of the time.

I often have people telling me how brave I am. I really am not brave, but I can read to follow airport signs and once aboard the ship, how hard is that?! simple to relax and do what I want when I want.

I am fine being on my own so don't have any worries.

I can be as sociable as I like or I can spend a whole day on my own reading.

the hardest part is sometimes giving myself permission to take care of me!

I did a solo cruise many years ago on the old Norway. Since then I have always cruised with friends, then my husband, then friends again after he passed away in 2011. My husband loved Princess so I am sticking with them. This will be my first solo since, well, I'm not sure, about 1996, I guess. I am really looking forward to not having to look out for anyone else.:)

I went on my first solo cruise, (widowed 4 years ago) in May and loved it. I had so much fun. I have booked 2 more cruises one in a week from now and one in Aug. After my August cruise I'm renting a car and driving from Baltimore to Niagara Falls for 4 nights and then on my way back to the Baltimore airport I'm staying in Hershey, PA. for a couple of nights so I can go do the Hershey stuff. All solo. I know I'll have a great time because I will be doing what I want when I want.