Find a better cruise line!!!!

Just to be clear: You do NOT have to pay extra for lobster or steak on RCI.

Yes, they offer the specialty restaurant versions of these items on the MDR menu for an upcharge.

However, you can get steak and lobster tails "included", just as you get on Carnival and all the other mainstream cruiselines.

No lobster tails included on European sailings :-(

So, although you never stated this in the original post, apparently you were on the Radiance? One of Royal Caribbean's most beautiful ships, without a bit of purple or hot pink in sight?

Would you please share your cabin number, so that we can understand better?

Mmmmmmmm - Radiance IMHO isn't one of the most beautiful ships.

It's quite small with a few areas of disrepair however it has a great crew who make up for some of this.

Let's bang the drum for Voyager, Freedom & Oasis class. Get rid of the smaller ones - stop sending them to Europe.

:-)

Mmmmmmmm - Radiance IMHO isn't one of the most beautiful ships.

It's quite small with a few areas of disrepair however it has a great crew who make up for some of this.

Let's bang the drum for Voyager, Freedom & Oasis class. Get rid of the smaller ones - stop sending them to Europe.

:-)

Totally disagree! I think Radiance was WAY more attractive than Freedom class or Voyager class! Less dark areas and more ocean views! Much classier too! Although I wish there were more to do on board..

ok just glancing at some of the many comments I don't have time to read all of them but as for sharing the room with my Mom being the issue that is completely wrong our family and my Moms best friend and her kids and their families have traveled together all of our lives and my hubby has been around my family for years before we were married and we all get along great. We all have a lot of places we want to see and things we want to do & my Moms hubby doesn't fly so she goes with us and we don't mind at all because my hubby prefers to relax for the most part of his vacation & I like to be doing something at all times & so does my mom so hubby gets to relax and not worry about me going off on my own. I just wish all families were as close as ours life is too short.

Now for the website small print would be fine but I booked on the phone with the vacation planner. If they don't know what to expect from a room by looking at the map of the rooms then that is another area of bad customer service :eek: lol.

Ok as for me supposedly saying Carnival is perfect and RCI is horrible I said that RCI had some things I liked that Carnival didn't but I am more about customer service. This is why there are so many lines out there because everyone has different preferences and that is fine.

I do love the fact that 1 post can get so many peoples panties in a bunch lmbo :D

I think that the fact that you came on a Royal Caribbean thread and headed the post "find a better cruiseline" perhaps hot everyone's "panties in a bunch". Did you really think that you were going to have everyone rally behind you here - the Carnival thread should give you much more sympathy! (BTW, I am a loyal RCL cruiser, and although I am truly sorry that you didn't enjoy your cruise, I feel I have found a better cruise line)!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh the dreaded blue "Chair Bed" Why does RCL put their customers and themselves through this when it could be fixed so easy.

I feel for the OP because I am the Original "long thread poster" on this subject. I was told two years ago that they would fix the website and clearly state "Chair Bed" that obviously has not happened.

For those of you that stated research would have changed this, that is not necessarily true. I researched to the point of driving my husband crazy, I saw actual pictures of our cabin with a double sofa, went through a travel agent, and talked to a Rep originally and NO ONE got it right. The only difference is that we had an accessible cabin.

As far as giving Customer service a chance to fix the cabin, we were told the same thing, and after 3 days of waiting we finally unpacked knowing nothing was going to happen. Customer service was no help at all.

Oh well no need to relive or retell THIS story, I'm having trouble as I speak with RCL website issues on the cruise I have booked for Oct.

RCL should be embarrassed that these problems are still happening, however I still love to sail them!!

Reading some of the OP's posts makes my head hurt. Who needs punctuation and grammar anyway?

What did you honestly expect coming to the RCI section of the website and starting a thread called "Find a better cruise line"? :rolleyes:

No, you don't need a prayer. You will have a fabulous time on your cruise. Don't let this affect you negatively - as you can see, most people on this board love RCI. If something comes up, you'll deal with it. Attitude is almost always everything. :);)

Have fun.

I would say if you have any problem at all don't act like a jerk to customer service and be rude. That's probably your best bet. But you seem to be a seasoned cruiser so I would think you value customer service employees. I would also say check your cabin picture if you are expecting a sofa bed apparently lol!

And this is posted by someone who would be happy to try any line that is geared towards fun :D

No worries ....I don’t and won't let too much spoil my HOOLIDAY....

DW & I are going alone on this one so hopefully we meet some fun people to keep us laughing and if I have customer service encounter, I'll just give him a piece of my laugh, right in his face:D.......it’s only five nights that DW and I may have to share a fold-out:eek:

Just off the Oasis, this was the menu on the 2nd formal night for us (night 5).

I will say this, when I initially read the menu when I was on the ship, I was a bit annoyed and complained to others that the only lobster I saw on it was on the Premium list. My wife had to point out that the lobster was a part of the Fisherman's Plate. (side note, the Fisherman's Plate lobster is tiny... like, REALLY small. Our entire table ordered seconds because of how small they were - but being that everything in the MDR is comp'd as part of the cruise price, no big deal).

So I mean, I can see where the OP would be frustrated with this menu. It really isn't the most clear thing in the world (especially when you're used to the meals the rest of the night being named by what is being prepared). For someone who hasn't sailed on RCI before, she wouldn't have known to look for the Plate instead of "Lobster with Shrimp".

When we were on the Oasis in October, our lobster was HUGE! AND our server brought us 2 each!!! Comparable to the large lobster tail you get at Red Lobster....and they were delicious! I think it all depends on the tails that are shipped by their supplier on any given week...I don't think they actually order small lobster tails. If you have a good server he will point out the fisherman's plate as being the lobster plate...ours did and honestly, I probably would have missed it if he didn't. And that night, I had escargot and lobster...I was in heaven ...probably my cholesterol reached that high too! LOL

I just posted on a similar thread about inaccuracies on the RCI website. I just don't understand how a corporation the size of RCCL (because the problems on the Celebrity website are very similar) can have so many problems and inaccurate information/photographs on their website.:confused:

I think part of the problem is they use a stock photograph for broad categories of cabins. Those of us who have cruised RCI a lot and spend a lot of time on these boards know what we're getting, but that shouldn't be a criteria for booking a cabin. The Radiance Class balcony cabins are a perfect example of this. The stock pictures for both the Superior Balcony cabin and the Deluxe Balcony cabin are identical, and they are of a "D" category cabin which is bigger and has a sofa. The descriptions differ slightly though -- the Superior (D) description specifies a sofa, while the Deluxe (E) description simply says sitting area. I do think the omission is somewhat deceptive...it would be easy enough to take new, accurate pictures (without the old bedspreads LOL!:rolleyes:) and reword the descriptions so people who aren't familiar with the product know what they're getting.

If I hadn't read this thread, I wouldn't have known that the E cabins on this class of ship are quite small and don't accommodate a full sofa. I looked at some pictures on a pay site, and every one of them has an oversized chair/miniature loveseat (single cushion) as the sofa. There's nothing on the official RCI website that would lead you to believe you were getting anything other than a sofa.

To follow up on my other question about the chair. I noticed when making our reservations on Princess that the balcony cabins do not have sofas - they only have a chair. What do they use to accommodate 3 in a cabin? Not worried about it, there are only 2 in our cabin, just curious.

To follow up on my other question about the chair. I noticed when making our reservations on Princess that the balcony cabins do not have sofas - they only have a chair. What do they use to accommodate 3 in a cabin? Not worried about it, there are only 2 in our cabin, just curious.

they have the beds that come out of the ceiling or wall.

You have to get a mini suite to get a sofa on Princess, at least on the Grand class ships.

Bill

I just posted on a similar thread about inaccuracies on the RCI website. I just don't understand how a corporation the size of RCCL (because the problems on the Celebrity website are very similar) can have so many problems and inaccurate information/photographs on their website.:confused:

I think part of the problem is they use a stock photograph for broad categories of cabins. Those of us who have cruised RCI a lot and spend a lot of time on these boards know what we're getting, but that shouldn't be a criteria for booking a cabin. The Radiance Class balcony cabins are a perfect example of this. The stock pictures for both the Superior Balcony cabin and the Deluxe Balcony cabin are identical, and they are of a "D" category cabin which is bigger and has a sofa. The descriptions differ slightly though -- the Superior (D) description specifies a sofa, while the Deluxe (E) description simply says sitting area. I do think the omission is somewhat deceptive...it would be easy enough to take new, accurate pictures (without the old bedspreads LOL!:rolleyes:) and reword the descriptions so people who aren't familiar with the product know what they're getting.

If I hadn't read this thread, I wouldn't have known that the E cabins on this class of ship are quite small and don't accommodate a full sofa. I looked at some pictures on a pay site, and every one of them has an oversized chair/miniature loveseat (single cushion) as the sofa. There's nothing on the official RCI website that would lead you to believe you were getting anything other than a sofa.

Couldn't agree more with you!

I thought the chair was only in cabins with connecting doors. Are they in other cabins? I don't plan on using the sofa bed, but I do like having a sofa in the room as opposed to a chair.

Not not just in connecting cabins. We had one with no connecting cabin.