Beverage package transfer?

SA71

My cabin mate and I got the wave promo for the free classic alcohol package. I wanted to upgrade to premium even though she doesn't drink much if at all, which she agreed to as it was only $82 approx.

Now there is a third in our party who is booked in an inside cabin single occ, but could not get the wave promo (ocean view and above only). We are wondering if we all go to guest services after boarding can we have the non drinkers premium package transfered to the person in the inside cabin? Any experience with this kind of situation is appreciated thanks.

My cabin mate and I got the wave promo for the free classic alcohol package. I wanted to upgrade to premium even though she doesn't drink much if at all, which she agreed to as it was only $82 approx.

Now there is a third in our party who is booked in an inside cabin single occ, but could not get the wave promo (ocean view and above only). We are wondering if we all go to guest services after boarding can we have the non drinkers premium package transfered to the person in the inside cabin? Any experience with this kind of situation is appreciated thanks.

If your cabin mate doesnt drink much then why did she upgrade at all? You dont both have to upgrade.

They dont allow transfers to other passengers Im afraid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I may be wrong, but I'm sure I remember reading somwhere that if you upgrade before you board, everyone in the stateroom has to, but if you wait until you are on the ship, only one can upgrade if they wish.

Can't answer your question about the transfer, and unless anyone has actually done this, and can give you 100% accurate advice, you'd probably be better waiting until you board and ask then.

I have read it reported both ways. Some say they can upgrade one in a cabin and others have said both must.

What if you put different people in different cabins? Non drinker in the inside cabin? Where someone sleeps may not be a problem. Make the switch before boarding?

Edited by hulamoon

I may be wrong, but I'm sure I remember reading somwhere that if you upgrade before you board, everyone in the stateroom has to, but if you wait until you are on the ship, only one can upgrade if they wish.

Can't answer your question about the transfer, and unless anyone has actually done this, and can give you 100% accurate advice, you'd probably be better waiting until you board and ask then.

No, that hasn't been the case for us. My DH and I received the drink package and I upgraded to the Premium and he kept the Classic.

As the OP says, it's done, the issue is getting the person that will take advantage of the package on it.

As someone else stated you should try to get the inside person transferred to the OV room. At least on paper. Or just trade cards,(there are some here that have ethical issues with this, I see it as one person still has a package, as long as there is no sharing) or have the inside pax buy a package.

Or so the travel agent told us....anyhow it is done. More wondering if we can transfer it. Thanks.

I would not agree you can just ask the TA to recheck and remove the upgrade for one of you. Kind of silly to pay $11.50 extra a day when someone does not drink.

I would not think you could transfer the package to someone in a inside cabin, but I have never asked.

Thanks. As I said previously we are are NOT bothered by the upgrade fee as she will get more than her $84 worth in special coffee and the odd glass of wine. The classic portion was free so no money lost. This is not an issue. It also gives her freedom to try non alcoholic slushy drinks and smoothies etc that she would not normally try.

I really only want to know if anyone has had an actual experience where they were able to transfer a bev package at the start of the cruise to someone else onboard that sailing. Please if anyone has that specific info I would appreciate your input.

We will ask once we board. If they say no...no problem.

• 2 months later...
Just curious SA71...how did this work out for you?? We are contemplating a similar scenario.

no dice, not possible.

But two evenings in the MDR the somellier noticed that two persons had a package and the third person did not, and he was nice enough not to charge the third person for his glass of wine (same as ours) and just run it through on our package. He was tipped accordingly.

Highly recommend the package for the freedom of not having to sign and worry about overspending. We broke even maybe 4 days, but others had to "dry out" lol. The person without the package had approx a $400 bar bill for 7 days which was wine with dinner each night, and a beer and a martini or two each day.

Interesting. We both upgraded but were told be did not both have to. I drink very little. A few days before we left on our cruise 8/31 I found our due to a medical condition I would not be able to drink at all (bummer.) I called Celebrity c/s and asked if I could get Lattes etc (obviously w/no alcohol) with the Classic pkgg they said no, only on the premium pkg. I got the impression from reading the board here that the information was wrong and I called again. During the second call, I spoke to two C/S reps who gave me the same info. So, I kept the premium pkg. I found out when I was on the ship that information that was indeed wrong. Guest Services downgraded the pkg for me because of the misinformation and I was (eventually with quite difficultly) refunded my $80.

no dice, not possible.

But two evenings in the MDR the somellier noticed that two persons had a package and the third person did not, and he was nice enough not to charge the third person for his glass of wine (same as ours) and just run it through on our package. He was tipped accordingly.

Highly recommend the package for the freedom of not having to sign and worry about overspending. We broke even maybe 4 days, but others had to "dry out" lol. The person without the package had approx a $400 bar bill for 7 days which was wine with dinner each night, and a beer and a martini or two each day.

Hi SA71,

Thanks for the Update... Glad to hear that things worked out well for you and your travelling companions once aboard.

--- --- ---

As the OP says, it's done, the issue is getting the person that will take advantage of the package on it.

As someone else stated you should try to get the inside person transferred to the OV room. At least on paper. Or just trade cards,(there are some here that have ethical issues with this, I see it as one person still has a package, as long as there is no sharing) or have the inside pax buy a package.

Re - Trading Cards

For the record...

This would not work because your SeaPass card also has info about you imbedded into it that is visible to the Crew when they swipe your card... Like your photograph (taken at Check In) and your Signature etc

And so the crew would immediately look at the situation as 2 Guests sharing a Bevvy Pkg which is not allowed

And hence someone is getting something for which they are not entitled / paid for (aka stealing)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB