Oasis dry dock.....??

We are sailing on Oasis right after it's dry dock in October.....I've noticed that the deck plans have dates indicating that there will be some changes after the dry dock. Has anyone heard just what they plan on doing.....?? We've never been on her, I would assume freshen up some carpets/furniture maybe, I've heard they've had issues with propulsion so I assume that will be addressed. Thanks for any information you may know.:)

We are sailing on the Oasis right after you in November...

As far as changes and additions, right now I heard they were adding the Boardwalk Hot Dog House to the boardwalk (loved it on the Allure, glad it's coming to the Oasis..) and that the show was changing from Hairspray to Cats.

It's also a rumor that since no one on my roll call has been able to book entertainment yet that the entertainment schedules will also be switched up a bit.

I'm sure as we get closer to our sail dates more information about the exact changes in dry-dock will be made.

Happy Sailing...

We are sailing on Oasis right after it's dry dock in October.....I've noticed that the deck plans have dates indicating that there will be some changes after the dry dock. Has anyone heard just what they plan on doing.....?? We've never been on her, I would assume freshen up some carpets/furniture maybe, I've heard they've had issues with propulsion so I assume that will be addressed. Thanks for any information you may know.:)

Many times, the deck plan changes have to do with changing stateroom category designations.

The dates for the deck plans do not have anything to do with the drydock but are just cabin reclassifications that have been done to most of RCI's ships. For example at a certain date some D1 cabins will be D2 cabins etc...

They are adding Cats instead of hairspray for sure.

RCI has not released any additional information on other changes to entertainment or dining venues.

As far as changes and additions, right now I heard they were adding the Boardwalk Hot Dog House to the boardwalk (loved it on the Allure, glad it's coming to the Oasis..) and that the show was changing from Hairspray to Cats.

It's also a rumor that since no one on my roll call has been able to book entertainment yet that the entertainment schedules will also be switched up a bit.

I'm sure as we get closer to our sail dates more information about the exact changes in dry-dock will be made.

Happy Sailing...

I hope you are correct about the Dog House....I haven't seen anything published yet.

Regarding the entertainment....I have all of our shows booked, except for Cats, for our cruise on November 22nd.

Edited by comxkid

I hope you are correct about the Dog House....I haven't seen anything published yet.

Regarding the entertainment....I have all of our shows booked, except for Cats, for our cruise on November 22nd.

Someone on my roll call was informed by there TA about the Dog House, again, a rumor, but I think it might hold true - it is a money maker!! ;)

Happy Sailing...

That is strange. We are on the November 15 Oasis Cruise right after you and we were able to book all entertainment except Cats way back in February. The email I received stated that Cats would be open for booking sometime in August. Other then Cats no other shows changed.

Someone on my roll call was informed by there TA about the Dog House, again, a rumor, but I think it might hold true - it is a money maker!! ;)

I didn't think the hot dog stand was an extra charge option.

I didn't think the hot dog stand was an extra charge option.

There is no charge for the Hot Dog Stand, but its an attraction that draws attention.

I haven't made my final payment yet, so that could be why we have not been able to book anything... and I haven't checked with my roll call mates if they have been able to start booking dining or entertainment.

There is no charge for the Hot Dog Stand, but its an attraction that draws attention.

I haven't made my final payment yet, so that could be why we have not been able to book anything... and I haven't checked with my roll call mates if they have been able to start booking dining or entertainment.

Actually you can make all your reservations before final payment. Our dinning has not opened yet probably another month or so away.

I am also hoping that The Boardwalk Dog Stand comes to the Oasis!

Actually you can make all your reservations before final payment. Our dinning has not opened yet probably another month or so away.

I am also hoping that The Boardwalk Dog Stand comes to the Oasis!

You had me curious, so I just went over to my cruise planner and while the entertainment planner seems to be available, it is still showing Hairspray as the Entertainment.

---This could be ME thou, as I am using an older version of IE (non/updated) since I'm at work!!

I'll be checking again as soon as I get home!!

Upon getting home and feeding the furry kids, I jumped on as soon as I could to check...

Why, YES, I can book my entertainment, it shows HAIRSPRAY for only the first night of my sailing. (11/8) while Come fly with Me, the comedy show, etc., and all that have a multitude of options for dates & times.

I know with the dining options not open yet for my sailing either (my guess is that might be active once final payment is received) My wonder is this: Will RCI honor the Hairspray entertainment bookings, and all other bookings IF the entertainment schedule does change?

Upon getting home and feeding the furry kids, I jumped on as soon as I could to check...

Why, YES, I can book my entertainment, it shows HAIRSPRAY for only the first night of my sailing. (11/8) while Come fly with Me, the comedy show, etc., and all that have a multitude of options for dates & times.

I know with the dining options not open yet for my sailing either (my guess is that might be active once final payment is received) My wonder is this: Will RCI honor the Hairspray entertainment bookings, and all other bookings IF the entertainment schedule does change?

I had Hairspray booked and they cancelled the reservation, I will have to book Cats when it becomes available. No other shows will be changing according to the email I received.

I'm cruising on November 15th, and I have all my entertainment booked except for Cats. I reserved everything in April right after I booked the cruise.

I received an e-mail a couple months ago that my reservation for Hairspray was being cancelled and that I could reserve Cats beginning in August. I'm hoping there will be a show on the same night I had Hairspray reserved, or it's going to upset the whole apple cart!:p

I thought I read somewhere, that the solarium bistro will become The Brazilian Samba on an evening. I may have been dreaming:D but sure I read on another thread;)

That's what happens on Allure now. I hope they don't do that to Oasis. We're booked on Oasis next year, and I was thinking that the Solarium Bistro looked interesting for dinner.

Edited by clarea

I think I read they were getting margaritaville but I read so much cruise info sometimes it's hard to keep up especially that this Oasis is my first rci cruise....

The Margaritaville rumor went around a couple of years ago, but I've not heard that lately.

That's what happens on Allure now. I hope they don't do that to Oasis. We're booked on Oasis next year, and I was thinking that the Solarium Bistro looked interesting for dinner.

I've booked the Solarium Bistro for dinner on Oasis in September..... will let you know how that goes ;)

I've booked the Solarium Bistro for dinner on Oasis in September..... will let you know how that goes ;)

Thanks, once again looking forward to one of your world renown blogs.:)

On my June sailing of Vision of the Seas the Assist Manager in the dining room Elffy told me that indeed Oasis will get Dog House and Margaritaville.

I said to him 'you are sure cause I have read these rumors before' lol :) He said yes he was sure. I will know as soon as I get on the ship for the transatlantic of Oasis Oct 14. :)